Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is this the reason I got an email asking if I was interested in returning for CNGoons stuff? I gather this game's got the same "15 minutes a day" kinda thing going on as CN did, so that might get me back into this kinda stuff, at least for a bit. What's a typical day in the game gonna look like for a newbie that recently signed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Getting in on the ground floor, as per my previous posts. For anyone getting into this who hasn't played a game like this before, it's really easy. There's a few things you could and should read over to get familiar with the mechanics, but the beginning of the in game tutorial(the later half is not great and ends up costing you money. feel free to skip it) and the objectives(really easy and possibly the actual tutorial) are actually decently helpful and explain some of the odd bits of the game.

The game's really much easier than Cybernations ever was. Gone are the days of lovely sledding and tech trading. Now the game has calculators built in to help you do the maths needed to figure out what's profitable. there's a utility built in to help you find raid targets, which combined with the raidbot in discord, makes finding juicy targets a breeze. And we have Discord now to make it actually easy and decent to talk to other goons, so that's a plus compared to CN.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

You will get 100x more enjoyment out of this game if you join the discord.

2nd'ed There's tons of discussion and poo poo going on in the discord. Last night alone, we recruited a pubby(we'll see how long he lasts), had birb chat, made some avatars, built more bot scripts to make things easier, delved into playing the market(seemingly backwards to me, but apparently simple enough for a couple goons to make millions over the weekend), scouted some alliances that we can work towards hitting in the near-term, and generally just had some chill time talking. it's a pretty good vibe and group in there right now.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Viva Miriya posted:

But the goatse flag exists?

Oh yeah. There's a few different versions. I happen to like this one:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

:five:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

For a moment there I thought that third meter said « gay » and was super stoked.

Now I’m just disappointed.

Good thing it doesn't, because that's super-low level of gay for this alliance.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

:vince:

PathAsc posted:

I'm upset I couldn't paste all 60+ pages of it, not the first 3 sufficed I guess

Not like he read past the first sentence anyway.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Malicious Onion made this, and honestly, it's perfect.

:five: :discourse:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

This war's been fun. I managed to get a target that joined the weeb alliance literally a day prior.

Also, Iron Dome best dome.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Vic posted:

Give me the deets. What happened?

Further up the page, mang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

It's old, but I still prefer this version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9TRFSEMDNA