Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
She hasn't been relevant for a few years, but she's involved in a big thing again (within video games), and people are outright painting her with a false image. She's a routine abuser, gaslighted, and genuinely awful person, and I would like to know whether or not me and other posters are allowed to post it without eating a potential ban.

Especially since in the #metoo thread the no gamergate rule is being completely ignored. I'm asking since theres blatant gamergate discussion going on and I feel like this will be a potential cherry picking probation/ban scenario where people on one side/viewpoint get the ban immediately and others skirt by as other threads involving her in the past have gone.

If I posted this in the thread (relevant to Zoe Quinn, not directly gamergate related), would it be probated/banned with pages of flat out pro-ZQ bullshit gets a free ride? Id like some elaboration on this stuff and

quote:

6) Reminder: No Gamergate!

Thanks.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897556 for #metoo thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810967&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=38 for the Night in the Woods thread. I reported some flat out gamergate related posts ([b/]old business, not even the new accusations[/b]) in there and I saw some mods posting even and nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Honest question: Do you want this to be ruled on regardless of your stance on Zoe Quinn? As in, are you looking for the mods to agree that she is a horrible person and therefor all mentions of her are banworthy or do you just want any discussion of her to go away regardless of stance, due to the afforementioned Gamergate rule?

Because otherwise all you're gonna get is a lot of people arguing on whether she's a horrible person or not and nothing good will come of it. Since you called it "pro-ZQ bullshit", I'm getting a bad feeling you're looking for an argument and nothing else.

Personally I have no horse in this race but I agree that her being discussed online never goes anywhere useful and just devolves into folks arguing whether she's actually been raped or not and it's not a discussion that can have a good outcome.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Lol the guy that abused her offs himself and you ghouls immediately scramble to attack her over it even here on a dead comedy forum.

You've got a very normal brain and should definitely feel safe to post about it where ever.

Ritznit posted:

Honest question: Do you want this to be ruled on regardless of your stance on Zoe Quinn? As in, are you looking for the mods to agree that she is a horrible person and therefor all mentions of her are banworthy or do you just want any discussion of her to go away regardless of stance, due to the afforementioned Gamergate rule?

Because otherwise all you're gonna get is a lot of people arguing on whether she's a horrible person or not and nothing good will come of it. Since you called it "pro-ZQ bullshit", I'm getting a bad feeling you're looking for an argument and nothing else.

Personally I have no horse in this race but I agree that her being discussed online never goes anywhere useful and just devolves into folks arguing whether she's actually been raped or not and it's not a discussion that can have a good outcome.

quote:

Correction - Gamergate was 100% good for gaming and helped shatter the last bit of 'faith' people had in games 'journalism' but no disagreement on poo poo like /r/the_donald or infowars being filled with Trump jackoffs that are radicalizing idiots into violent/racist idiots.

He's looking for another place to obsess over this woman. She 'hasn't been relevant for years' but I guarantee you this dude has posted about her at least once a week on some subreddit somewhere.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Sep 2, 2019

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Ritznit posted:

I want to be able to discuss it in an environment where shitposts and openly lying can be called out, with equal enforcement of the rules.

I managed to not get banned in any of the hellthreads because I largely used actual facts, didnt meltdown, and didnt celebrate the death of anyone like a ghoul (GW2 thread had users celebrating total biscuits death like literal ghouls).

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Ritznit posted:

just want any discussion of her to go away regardless of stance, due to the afforementioned Gamergate rule?

This seems like a good course of action.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Gamergate bullshit is the worst and it should absolutely be banned.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

She hasn't been relevant for a few years, but she's involved in a big thing again (within video games), and people are outright painting her with a false image. She's a routine abuser, gaslighted, and genuinely awful person, and I would like to know whether or not me and other posters are allowed to post it without eating a potential ban.

after 10 minutes of research the answer is "no, you will eat a ban". cheers op

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Extend the rule to any discussions of Zoe Quinn or Gamergate, no matter how tangential. Paint the punishments with a broad brush here.

Both of them are so linked together that just talking about one is going to lead to the other regardless of how "isolated" it is and seems to be a very obvious and sad rule loophole.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

lovely Wizard posted:

I want to be able to discuss it in an environment where shitposts and openly lying can be called out, with equal enforcement of the rules.

I managed to not get banned in any of the hellthreads because I largely used actual facts, didnt meltdown, and didnt celebrate the death of anyone like a ghoul (GW2 thread had users celebrating total biscuits death like literal ghouls).

You're contradicting yourself though. You just said, you want to know whether all discussion of her will be banned - That would include your callouts and factual superposts and whatever else. You can't have it both ways, so what do you want?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Ritznit posted:

You're contradicting yourself though. You just said, you want to know whether all discussion of her will be banned - That would include your callouts and factual superposts and whatever else. You can't have it both ways, so what do you want?

I have not made any factual callouts within the thread at this time. I am waiting for answers on whether or not the rule that is currently being ignored by mods is going to be applied equally or revoked first.

I would prefer if a thread could exist with actual discussion going on instead of jerking off the ego of an abuser, but I'd be fine with a total ban on discussion with probations for casual mentions of gamergate as it was since rule 6 was made in games.

Happy I could help you out with some clarification, my amigo.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Wordfilter "Zoe Quinn" to "They Who Shall Not Be Named" and give anyone who trips said filter an avatar of Quinn photoshopped to look like Lord Voldemort.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Gamersgate is loving retarded and anyone who posts positively or negatively about Zoe Quinn needs to be banned or at least bring back Hellthread so they have a quarantine zone.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

OP seems really eager to bash a woman who just came out as a victim of sexual assault
I'm sure this is for pure reasons and the sole pursuit of truth and equality and not because of some deep-seated psychological defect

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dear mods, please ban all conversation about this person that contradicts with my views of that person, thanks in advance!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

OP seems really eager to bash a woman who just came out as a victim of sexual assault
I'm sure this is for pure reasons and the sole pursuit of truth and equality and not because of some deep-seated psychological defect

Holy poo poo keep it your own thread you weirdo. This is why gamersgate discussion is banned.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Just play your video games and enjoy them, jfc

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
gamergate is garbage and anyone who talks about it, pro or con, should face a reckoning

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Mega64 posted:

Dear mods, please ban all conversation about this person that contradicts with my views of that person, thanks in advance!

Thats effectively the way its setup right now though, I'm trying to resolve that with the ability to out an abuser/creep to a thread full of misinformed people, or stop the literal propaganda going on in the thread.

I'm thankful that your sarcastic post favors clearer rules and open discussion, thanks for being on my side friend.

An abuser/creep can still become a victim down the line. If the whole thing doesn't get banned again I'll help correct the record in the thread in games for you

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Over There posted:

Holy poo poo keep it your own thread you weirdo. This is why gamersgate discussion is banned.

I don't have a thread?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you're so confident about your convictions, just post what you want to say. You may eat a probe, big deal, but if what you want to say truly needs to be said, it's worth the sacrifice.

Imagine how different history would be if everyone in history asked the government for no punishment or judgments before they said wild poo poo like "evolution might be a thing" or "religion can be kinda hosed up" or "communism is actually cool and good". That's not how the world works, you need to have some drat courage, as no one respects a coward.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I don't have a thread?

Oh word? Keep it over there.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897556&userid=165861

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh neat I own that thread. I posted that thread. I am the only person interested in this incredibly pet topic and my world view is the regressive, niche, weird one.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Mega64 posted:

If you're so confident about your convictions, just post what you want to say. You may eat a probe, big deal, but if what you want to say truly needs to be said, it's worth the sacrifice.

Imagine how different history would be if everyone in history asked the government for no punishment or judgments before they said wild poo poo like "evolution might be a thing" or "religion can be kinda hosed up" or "communism is actually cool and good". That's not how the world works, you need to have some drat courage, as no one respects a coward.

A coward taunts from a position of privilege and inequality. I'll petition for the rules "on the book" to be enforced in games. Id be willing to discuss it offsite even, I could chat with you later today on steam or discord or even just email.

For now, the literal accusation in the OP should be enough for you to at least confirm her as a creep or potential creep though.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 2, 2019

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mega64 posted:

This forum has been turning into the digital version of sarcastiball, the football spinoff where the players wear bras and tinfoil hats and hug eachother.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mega64 posted:

Yeah be the change you want to see in the forums, go hog wild

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Mega64 posted:

communism is actually really bad

see, OP, you can say whatever you want, there's no bias here

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah be the change you want to see in the forums, go hog wild

girl with notable characteristics of dyed hair and piercings and doctor diagnosed sadness made a videogame that i didnt play and for some reason i know her name and she likely has her own wikipedia article

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VikingSkull posted:

communism is actually really bad

see, OP, you can say whatever you want, there's no bias here

i went to a marxist themed cafe when i was homeless and asked for leftover kitchen scraps and nobody helped me but the 1st gen american chinese siblings next door gave me fried rice for free because their parents escaped real life communism to construct a better life for their children unlike the "been in the us for 10 generations" middle class folks who wanna rebel

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Zoe Quinn sucks and so do people who want to post about her either positively or negatively

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the same people who want more representation of native american sapiosexual tulpas in minecraft want the subforum with the least amount of problems to be shut down.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we went from kiwifarms lite to tumblr lite over the course of a decade.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

LouisF posted:

i went to a marxist themed cafe when i was homeless and asked for leftover kitchen scraps and nobody helped me but the 1st gen american chinese siblings next door gave me fried rice for free because their parents escaped real life communism to construct a better life for their children unlike the "been in the us for 10 generations" middle class folks who wanna rebel

I'll signal boost your story for retweets, thats better than giving you some food.

A lot of these loving retards on twitter and by extension SA are thinking mindlessly repeating a bunk claim makes them a good person. Go to an old folks home, play some chess with a brain damaged guy and lose while he shits himself (this actual of happened to me, he was in some sort of car accident but could still play chess enough to beat me), go to a soup kitchen or loving something

LouisF posted:

we went from kiwifarms lite to tumblr lite over the course of a decade.

Remember when the biggest problem on the forum was Ozma and the mods being grammar Nazis or the libertarians making GBS threads up random threads in GBS D&D?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Given that the OP can't even ask "is Zoe Quinn discussion allowed" without making sure to mention in every single post that he hates Zoe Quinn with an incredible passion, I suspect that Games will quickly be overrun by toxic Gamergate bullshit if the answer isn't "No"

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Let's not give the known scammer who was sexually harassed the attention she craves

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
at least someone with the name "fistgrrrl" could figure out a d-pad

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lovely Wizard posted:

I'll signal boost your story for retweets, thats better than giving you some food.

A lot of these loving retards on twitter and by extension SA are thinking mindlessly repeating a bunk claim makes them a good person. Go to an old folks home, play some chess with a brain damaged guy and lose while he shits himself (this actual of happened to me, he was in some sort of car accident but could still play chess enough to beat me), go to a soup kitchen or loving something

Remember when the biggest problem on the forum was Ozma and the mods being grammar Nazis or the libertarians making GBS threads up random threads in GBS D&D?

im from the far off year of two thousand and nine where it was the start of all this garbage.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Main Paineframe posted:

Given that the OP can't even ask "is Zoe Quinn discussion allowed" without making sure to mention in every single post that he hates Zoe Quinn with an incredible passion, I suspect that Games will quickly be overrun by toxic Gamergate bullshit if the answer isn't "No"

An abuser who has sexually harassed people, gaslighted and abused partners, and scammed trans employees out of money owed should not be immune from being called out. So yes, I hate her, because she is an abusive wretch of a person who is treated as a hero by loving internet losers.

Every person who endorses her version of events loves spousal/partner abuse, gas lighting, and hates transgender individuals.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think we need a better wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

This thread is clearly an attempt to lobby for one side of the issue, perfectly demonstrating the broke-brained teamsports mentality surrounding the sorry Gamergate saga. Anyone discussing it should be banned because they will never stop trying to evangelize about this stupid loving issue that no-one wants to read about.