Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Served with legal eviction notice maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Apparently Omni louisville is a hotel + apartments, so possibly it could be very quick to remove a hotel guest.

Or they're just lying to head off the social media storm, which I bet happens quite a bit in these type of situations.

Or it's completely fake.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
You're forgetting this is America(tm) there are a thousand legal ways to immediately evict people, and thats in the states with GOOD renters protection.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://i.imgur.com/vdQCC8S.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/DII167d.mp4

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/jamienbc6/status/1268658364944441346?s=21

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Almost feel bad for bike cops. They're some of the biggest douches because of the Napoleon complex but you just know they were imagining riding around in a squad car or at least one of those all-terrain Segways during academy training :(

Almost.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Takes No Damage posted:

Almost feel bad for bike cops. They're some of the biggest douches because of the Napoleon complex but you just know they were imagining riding around in a squad car or at least one of those all-terrain Segways during academy training :(

Almost.

You’re nuts, I’d much rather spend the day shredding on my sweet mtb vs whatever else they had to offer

The New York Times
Mar 2, 2013

Call
1-800-NYTIMES for FREE home delivery

beanieson posted:

You’re nuts, I’d much rather spend the day shredding on my sweet mtb vs whatever else they had to offer

sorry, officer

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Posted these in the cursed thread but figured they fit here too, though it's definitely way more schaden than freude

:(

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Putting my pure, explosive energy into the pedals of a bicycle is much more satisfying than pressing the gas on some internal combustion energy

don't get it twizted tho, these cops are bad at even riding bikes lol I'd hate to see what they could do with an I.C.E. at their discretion..... Actually, infact, every cop should start as bike, even in Alaska, until they can demonstrate worthiness of a 2 ton murder weapon

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I hope every bike cop ever's chain derails right as they mash the pedal and their foots slip off and they scrape their shins up and also the guy gets away. gently caress em.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Takes No Damage posted:

Almost.

The bike cops I knew would much rather be on bikes. It takes a lot of specialized training, too.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Are you sure it's not a commercial for the new season of Reno 911!?

Man who drew bow and arrow on Salt Lake City protesters is in jail, charged with three felonies

quote:

Now the 57-year-old Taylorsville man, who has spent nearly two decades of his life behind bars in California and once was convicted of battery against a public safety officer, faces three felony counts for, widely shared video has shown, aiming his weapon at protesters.

All three counts are Utah’s lowest grade of felony. Each is punishable by up to five years in prison. McCormick was also charged with a misdemeanor count of threatening or using a weapon in a fight. That count carries up to a year in jail.

quote:

McCormick, whose Facebook page says he is originally from Barstow, Calif., has shared his views before on the social media website, posting racist memes and talking about wanting to go back in time to “take out” former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton when they were “in the crib.”

In a May 21 post, McCormick shared with his followers that "if you didn’t grow up during the cold war and or you and or your anaesters [ancestors] are here ileagely [illegally]. You shouldn’t be alloud [allowed] to vote!!!!” (Bracketed spellings have been corrected.)

I sort of like how much the whole "BLM/Antifa are terrorists" is sheer projection on the part of people who want to hurt others.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

There’s precedent:

“Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim trike, and they have not.”

Lagniappe:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

As a kid I vaguely remember one of those generic American "Miami vice" knock offs about bike cops. They had a badass intro and almost, almost managed to make it seem cool. Even as a dumb kid I realized how lame it was tho since every episodes big thing was a chase scene, where the bike cops would pedal like mad trying to catch some random runner, maybe sometimes a car? I remember thinking "just use a motorcycle drat" since it took forever and even with action shots just didn't look badass at all.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Lt. Dangle is the only good bike cop.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

As a kid I vaguely remember one of those generic American "Miami vice" knock offs about bike cops. They had a badass intro and almost, almost managed to make it seem cool. Even as a dumb kid I realized how lame it was tho since every episodes big thing was a chase scene, where the bike cops would pedal like mad trying to catch some random runner, maybe sometimes a car? I remember thinking "just use a motorcycle drat" since it took forever and even with action shots just didn't look badass at all.

pacific blue, it was on at like 4am right after kung fu the legend continues, and it was relatively awesome given those circumstances

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 5, 2020

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Son of Rodney posted:

For a second I thought you were talking about CHiPS. TBF Ponch may be the only canonically good cop.

:swoon:

What was the deal :jerry: with those old timey chinstraps that went on the FRONT of your chin rather than under it? How was that even secure much less comfortable?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

For a second I thought you were talking about CHiPS. TBF Ponch may be the only canonically good cop.

What was the deal :jerry: with those old timey chinstraps that went on the FRONT of your chin rather than under it? How was that even secure much less comfortable?

Its just fashion. Mannerheim, the old poo poo, used to wear the strap on top of his hat.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Its just fashion. Mannerheim, the old poo poo, used to wear the strap on top of his hat.

I'm curious how you learned that. Were you just peeping old Nazi photos one day and went, "huh, that's weird", or are you just really into chinstraps, or is there some literature or TED talk I can watch

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Takes No Damage posted:

All TV/Movie cops are good cops.

Because of course, they're all fictional.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ante posted:

I'm curious how you learned that. Were you just peeping old Nazi photos one day and went, "huh, that's weird", or are you just really into chinstraps, or is there some literature or TED talk I can watch

They tend to teach people about former presidents at school and the books usually have pictures in them.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ante posted:

That's a Finnish army uniform

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

canyoneer posted:

That's a Finnish army uniform

Yikes

They should update that, it's not a great look anymore

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ante posted:

Yikes

Not big on Finnish history huh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ante posted:

Yikes

Well, he lost the war to the Soviet Union and in accordance with the peace treaty, there's no Finnish army anymore. So there's a bit of the old vahingonilo for you!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

ante posted:

Yikes

Wait till you see the roundels they used on their planes.

edit to include them...

IncredibleIgloo fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 5, 2020

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Xarbala posted:

Not big on Finnish history huh

Who doesn't know Urho Kekkonen??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gschmidl posted:

Who doesn't know Urho Kekkonen??

By the end, Urho Kekkonen.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Wait till you see the roundels they used on their planes.

edit to include them...

I'm loving Ireland with its palette-swapped taijitu.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

So which website is this from? Are their more?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Son of Rodney posted:

you're thinking of CORBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkZDzRT0nJQ

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Pennywise the Frown posted:

...almost.

/yeah, yeah superhero but C-class are barely beat cops.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I couldn't help but think there was something... missing from this video. (sound)

https://i.imgur.com/Vu2rv1I.mp4

Brain In A Jar fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 5, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/V42x5zt.mp4

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Well it worked at least.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

What an inverted Alabama slam!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
They said I could be anything, so I became a lawn aerator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I once saw a bike cop successfully win a chase with and pull over a guy in a mustang.