Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Lodin posted:

Staplerfahrer Klaus, the early days (obviously with sound):

https://i.imgur.com/j2G56We.mp4

Forklift in the OSHA thread: Strong chance there will be blood- expect a Liveleak watermark

Forklift in the Schaden thread: guaranteed comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lodin posted:

tyler you stupid piece of poo poo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Just think, if that fridge thing happened in america everything would just be thawed due to all the preservatives.

/e-

https://twitter.com/MilitaryTimesOP/status/1263221278971957248?s=20
thats a strongass strap

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

From bench press to skull crusher.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Just think, if that fridge thing happened in america everything would just be thawed due to all the preservatives.

/e-

https://twitter.com/MilitaryTimesOP/status/1263221278971957248?s=20

It's 6 seconds until he gets freed, how long of a hike to catch up to his pals does that translate to?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Poldarn posted:

It's 6 seconds until he gets freed, how long of a hike to catch up to his pals does that translate to?

200ish m

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

That's not bad, I assumed it would be way worse.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Holy gently caress that second guy is so lucky he isn’t dead.

Maybe the first guy but 100% the second guy Jesus.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Lodin posted:

It's a little bit better without sounds the first time, because you don't hear the "Watch out for the customer's truck" line that absolutely seals what the kid will hit.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

BrianBoitano posted:

There's a stupid email protocol you might accidentally use called POP where your local client (outlook, thunderbird, whatever apple uses) downloads the email and deletes it off the server. If you then remove that account from your computer, you call IT and say incoherent things for 20 minutes until they figure out you were using POP and deleted everything.

lol I forgot that POP still exists. But even then, it goes to the local trash folder first unless again, you told the tool not to (I dont imagine his apple mail does it much different). This scenario of "accidentially deleting a million emails" is just very unlikely. Not to mention that google always keeps a copy for... research.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lodin posted:

TINA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HIT THE BRAKES

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So both my parents keep ordering me masks out of the blue right now, even though I already have my own masks. I suspect many of you are going through the same thing. Anyway today I get an email from my dad that the photo for the Amazon listing he ordered from has changed...

:nws:
https://i.imgur.com/vRROIzR.png

I can't wait to see what I get on Sunday.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

MarcusSA posted:

Holy gently caress that second guy is so lucky he isn’t dead.

Maybe the first guy but 100% the second guy Jesus.

Yeah I kind of felt like we were watching the last known video of that first guy. Hope he's gotten used to holding a pen in his mouth to type and to drive his wheelchair around.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

No one was filming unfortunately, but where I used to work they bought a forklift/stockpicker thing designed for narrow aisles. It was a mindfuck to operate because steering was a wheel-like contraption but you stand 90deg off compared to the direction its facing, the steering turns the rear wheels (which are to your left), and you engage the brakes by lifting your foot off a pedal. Until you've built up a muscle memory for it, it's goddamned impossible to steer it the correct direction on the first try or be ready to stand on one foot or jump out of the cockpit to stop the thing.

Within 20 minutes of it being charged up the know-it-all shop mechanic guy jumped right in and put the forks through a cinder block wall in the center of the shop.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

ChristsDickWorship posted:

Within 20 minutes of it being charged up the know-it-all shop mechanic guy jumped right in and put the forks through a cinder block wall in the center of the shop.

Did they go clean through like the truck gif or was it more Kool Aid man wall style?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/darkuniverse/status/866706548923314176

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

How would you like a Marvel Cinematic Universe with labored takes on public domain characters? It will have one quarter of the action, visual spectacle, and diversity.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Tyson Tomko posted:

Did they go clean through like the truck gif or was it more Kool Aid man wall style?

They went straight through and it stopped before the body hit the wall because he jumped out to save himself. He wasn't going fast at all, he angled it the wrong way, swung around trying to fix it, then didn't really know how to stop it coasting into the wall.

tbf the owner really should have gotten us some training...

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I'm not sure what they're getting at here with this incredibly vague marketing. Every universe that has its own Johnny 'wifebeater extraordinaire' Depp is a dark universe.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

value-brand cereal posted:

I'm not sure what they're getting at here with this incredibly vague marketing. Every universe that has its own Johnny 'wifebeater extraordinaire' Depp is a dark universe.

The account has two tweets, and the website redirects to Universal's website with a giant Trolls World Tour banner

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Russell Crowe's invisible cane gets me every single time.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Every universe that has its own Johnny 'wifebeater extraordinaire' Depp is a dark universe.

Wasn't Depp the one who got beat?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Fattest PI posted:

Wasn't Depp the one who got beat?

Depp and Heard mutually accused each other of domestic abuse and the other of fabricating accusations against them. So far the evidence seems to be pointing toward her as the abuser, as audio was leaked of her admitting to beating him and taunting him over it. Both of them provided images of injuries, but it's not proven yet if Depp was defending himself or also attacking her at random.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That was the failed attempt at Universal's "classic monsters" universe, but after the Tom Cruise Mummy flopped so bad the entire thing was abandoned. Russell Crowe was in The Mummy as Dr. Jekyll who I guess was supposed to be the Iron Man/lynchpin of the whole thing. I think Johnny Depp was supposed to be up next as The Invisible Man but after the whole abuse thing that casting fell out of favor fast, especially with the way they took the new completely-standalone Invisible Man with Elizabeth Moss that just came out. Apparently Javier Bardem was supposed to be Frankenstein ('s Monster, don't @ me).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I swear I watched the new Mummy but I only vaguely recalled Sofia Boutella was in it and completely forgot that she was the mummy. Can't imagine why that project failed.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Tom Cruise Mummy wasn't even their first attempt to make the Dark Universe a thing. Apparently Dracula Untold was supposed to be the first one but it bombed so hard they just decided to ignore it and heavily market the next one.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Mummy with Brendan Fraser was a fun action comedy that didn't take itself seriously but had really solid fight choreography, cool ideas, and a charismatic cast that had actual chemistry and seemed to enjoy working on the film. Watching it with the director's commentary is great because they reveal a lot about the tricks they used (there's more matte paintings than you think!) and funny stories from the set.

The Mummy with Tom Cruise is a washed out action movie with generic horror elements and laughably bad Egyptian mythology that abruptly turns into a Jekyll & Hyde movie midway through because Universal couldn't resist forcibly starting a cinematic universe even if it meant throwing in characters early.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Tom Cruise Mummy wasn't even their first attempt to make the Dark Universe a thing. Apparently Dracula Untold was supposed to be the first one but it bombed so hard they just decided to ignore it and heavily market the next one.

Yeah, the movie got some reshoots to set up a shared thing where they changed a couple of things like a new ending set in modern day.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Fumaofthelake posted:

How would you like a Marvel Cinematic Universe with labored takes on public domain characters? It will have one quarter of the action, visual spectacle, and diversity.

The upcoming Marvel Studios TV shows can be described in precisely the same manner.

Avengers: Endgame was the schad on the entire Marvel Moviegoing audience.

Okay, you killed the baddest baddie ever who did the worst thing ever, and went back in time to fix it and wound up screwing everyone else, killing / retiring two of your biggest moneymakers, and basically present a cinematic universe bereft of its biggest draws hoping Dr. Strange, Shang Chi, and another Thor movie will bring the rubes back. Sure.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 22, 2020

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
A major problem being that Tom cruise goddamn sucked in the movie and he used creative control to make it be majorly focused on him and his sole character type of action hero with a joking personality. Basically you can overlay and of the mission impossible movies onto the mummy and his actions and character design would be almost identical because it's all he knows how to play anymore.

There's alot of things wrong with the mummy but alot of them can directly result from cruise being in it.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
I like the use of perspective and people sitting down to make sure Tom Cruise isn't the shortest.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

chitoryu12 posted:

The Mummy with Brendan Fraser was a fun action comedy that didn't take itself seriously but had really solid fight choreography, cool ideas, and a charismatic cast that had actual chemistry and seemed to enjoy working on the film. Watching it with the director's commentary is great because they reveal a lot about the tricks they used (there's more matte paintings than you think!) and funny stories from the set.

The Mummy with Tom Cruise is a washed out action movie with generic horror elements and laughably bad Egyptian mythology that abruptly turns into a Jekyll & Hyde movie midway through because Universal couldn't resist forcibly starting a cinematic universe even if it meant throwing in characters early.

When the universe just seems too unjust and uncaring, I remember that Tom Cruise couldn't do what Brendan Frasier already did. And he has to live with that fact for the rest of his life. Or maybe eternity, I don't know a lot about scientology.

Either way it makes me smile, just a little.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Binary Badger posted:

The upcoming Marvel Studios TV shows can be described in precisely the same manner.

Okay, you killed the baddest baddie ever who did the worst thing ever, and went back in time to fix it and wound up screwing everyone else, killing / retiring two of your biggest moneymakers, and basically present a cinematic universe bereft of its biggest draws hoping Dr. Strange, Shang Chi, and another Thor movie will bring the rubes back. Sure.

Before 2008 nobody gave a poo poo about Iron Man and he was basically just known as a fascist by comic book fans. Marvel could build a franchise off the Power Pack at this point.

(A Power Pack movie would rule)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

A LOVELY LAD posted:

I like the use of perspective and people sitting down to make sure Tom Cruise isn't the shortest.

It's the best drinking game ever. You could get shitfaced off The Mummy trailer alone with the tricks they pull.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

Comics dont care about hitting reset buttons. Why should the movies be any different?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

SilvergunSuperman posted:

HAHAHAH, oh that Chris Pratt, what a wacky loveable oaf!

If they actually make him Indiana Jones I'm going to freak the gently caress out.

Chris Pratt sucks so loving bad

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I thank The Mummy for letting the way for another Wayforward game that was pretty good. They spent less than a year making it and it's a miracle it holds up as well as it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0rh4RcGXo8

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

TBF it's not like they had much choice as the actors were various combinations of getting to old/expensive/didn't want to play the character any more.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The fact that anyone went to see Dr Strange in the first place proves that there's a reliable audience that will show up as long as there's a marvel logo on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dr Strange was a great movie, though.