Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Is coal dust in the bucket or what?

any dust can combust but yeah it's probably a combination of still flammable ashes thrown with force into a nice thick bed of coals which would react poorly if you dunked any bucket's worth of material into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lurking Haro posted:

There is no capital punishment in Germany.

Then he should have to wear itchy socks for the rest of his life in prison! :mad:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That little kid golf club vs dad's face is maybe my new favourite gif.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That little kid golf club vs dad's face is maybe my new favourite gif.

The dude with the dart in his forehead is mine

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If it's the same cactus slamming guy I remember he was part of the Children Of Poseidon youtube channel who mostly did creative testicle torture videos (somersaulting onto things and landing on their balls, dropping truck tires off houses onto friends' balls, hanging between two cars which drove them into a fence post balls first) so yeah, pretty similar energy

ZACH HELP ME NOW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUNuXgAeLHY

After this guy turning into a squealing pig, this was my favorite video from the last thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHnQQhWQVA

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/bSn6e9l.mp4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

so good :allears:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Can anyone even discern any liquid there? Why did the floor suddenly become Ultra Slip Hazard?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chomp8645 posted:

Can anyone even discern any liquid there? Why did the floor suddenly become Ultra Slip Hazard?

First guy's napkin gets caught on the table and tugs him, so he drops the tray. Second guy bonks into the door, doesn't see the tray, and slips on the tray the first guy dropped.

Its like poetry.

Its less that the floor is slippery and more he's caught off-guard by the sudden tugging pressure setting him off balance, so he kinda freaks out.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Zaphod42 posted:

First guy's napkin gets caught on the table and tugs him, so he drops the tray. Second guy bonks into the door, doesn't see the tray, and slips on the tray the first guy dropped.

Its like poetry.

Its less that the floor is slippery and more he's caught off-guard by the sudden tugging pressure setting him off balance, so he kinda freaks out.

Second guy begins to slip before he touches the tray though

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cacator posted:

Looks like there were potatoes or something round on the tray, and he slipped on one of those then. You can see them rolling under his foot just as he steps, and as he falls like 3 of them come rolling out from under.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Straight White Shark posted:

Goddammit you rear end in a top hat that loving Kipling story gave me recurring nightmares for years as a kid :argh:

You didn't like listening to the soothing tones of Jack Nicholson narrating?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cacator posted:

I love his :cmon: look.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I love his :cmon: look.

Yeah sorry but that is a "bwuh I'm a confused old man where am I what am I doing?" look.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Why was this being filmed? Why did the the camera pan to follow the man?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Why was this being filmed? Why did the the camera pan to follow the man?

Given the low quality, it's probably a camera that covers a much wider area than what you are seeing at any given moment. This video is probably zoomed in on a portion of the raw footage from the first moment and the "pan" is just moving the zoomed segment digitally.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Battle of the Somme (1916, colorized)

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Man I'm all for going your own way and doing what makes you happy but these feelings, like all things, should have limits. I really feel like this young man needs an intervention.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honestly getting LA Beast flashbacks.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

mind the walrus posted:

Honestly getting LA Beast flashbacks.

LA Beast at least comes up with new things to subject himself to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A9Hbucxx2w

I mean... making an impeller with a drill to forcefeed yourself at least takes creativity beyond "huhuhuh barb wire hurt".

Barbwire guy is that one dude who made someone laugh once and proceeds to tell the same joke over and over and over again hoping for the same response. It's kinda sad. If I was a better person I'd feel bad.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 18, 2019

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I like the new fall lineup on the Textured Vegetable Protein channel

MrNonacho
May 7, 2002

It ain't easy being white
It ain't easy being brown
All this pressure to be bright
I got children all over town!
Now that Tampermonkey is available for Safari again, can someone post the video/image resizing script that also shows playback controls by default?

Send_Ninjas
Oct 10, 2006
Something about the juggalos sincerity makes me laugh every time though. Woop woop.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Former Nazi guard, 93, to stand trial in Germany over thousands of camp murders

Maybe I am the rear end in a top hat but the dude was a juvenile holding a rifle in the days were they were conscripting kids at the barrel of the gun. I thought we were more progressive w/r/t child soldiers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

SlipUp posted:

Maybe I am the rear end in a top hat but the dude was a juvenile forced to holding a rifle in the days were they were conscripting kids at the barrel of the gun. I thought we were more progressive w/r/t child soldiers.

You're the rear end in a top hat.
The SS was a volunteer organization.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

SlipUp posted:

Maybe I am the rear end in a top hat but the dude was a juvenile holding a rifle in the days were they were conscripting kids at the barrel of the gun. I thought we were more progressive w/r/t child soldiers.

He was in his late teens when he joined the SS (17-18), so not as innocent as you seem to think.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

SlipUp posted:

I am the rear end in a top hat

ftfy

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MrNonacho posted:

Now that Tampermonkey is available for Safari again, can someone post the video/image resizing script that also shows playback controls by default?

Here's the pastebin for what I have

https://pastebin.com/gVS7wTBd

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

toplitzin posted:

You're the rear end in a top hat.
The SS was a volunteer organization.

But the Hitler youth, which the ss drew from, was not, no? As an organization they were responsible for indoctrination and brainwashing youth as young as 12.

For reference:
Military use of children in World War II - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_children_in_World_War_II

Aerdan posted:

He was in his late teens when he joined the SS (17-18), so not as innocent as you seem to think.

Do you know what juvenile is?

Anywho, not going to derail any longer. Forgive me for thinking that trying a 93 year old in juvenile court is a ridiculous waste of everyone's time. If you disagree that he was a juvenile, take it up with the german government lol.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 18, 2019

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Won't somebody think of the poor *checks notes* SS volunteers who claim they don't know nuthin' about no holocaust?

Deutsche Welle:
https://www.dw.com/de/bruno-d-wie-viel-schuld-tr%E4gt-der-ehemalige-kz-w%E4chter-von-stutthof/a-50852368

quote:

Bruno D. wants to have known nothing of the mass extinction. Last year, he heard several times from the prosecutor. He did not deny being a security guard in Stutthof concentration camp. He does not hold himself guilty. He does not want to have helped with the murder either.

According to the investigators, he said to the investigators that although he had seen "bodies mutilated emaciated between the barracks", these people had died from an illness. He does not want to see the dead in the gas chamber.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

If this was a modern 17yo on trial for murder, rape, etc. , there'd be dozens of goons tripping all over themselves trying to whiteknight them with the "up until 17 years and 365 days, 17 year olds have tiny, undeveloped children brains and cannot make a decision. Billy's 17 and on trial for killing his mom and loving her corpse? Let him play Xbox in juvie for a year and when he gets out, he'll become a brain surgeon or astronaut with his new, reformed adult brain"-catlady era argument.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mammal Sauce posted:

If this was a modern 17yo on trial for murder, rape, etc. , there'd be dozens of goons tripping all over themselves trying to whiteknight them with the "up until 17 years and 365 days, 17 year olds have tiny, undeveloped children brains and cannot make a decision. Billy's 17 and on trial for killing his mom and loving her corpse? Let him play Xbox in juvie for a year and when he gets out, he'll become a brain surgeon or astronaut with his new, reformed adult brain"-catlady era argument.

Jfc stfu

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

What this guy said.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SlipUp posted:

I don't think you're the rear end in a top hat for considering giving pause to condemning child soldiers. People are too quick to write people off as evil with a label.

However, he's not going to be lynched by a mob. They're holding a trial. Seems to me the whole point of the trial will be determining if he's reasonably responsible. So... having a trial seems like the right move.

And seems like there's a reasonable chance that he was responsible, and should be condemned. We don't know the facts and shouldn't really internet lawyer it further.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
We have scientific evidence that multiple things can influence/delay brain development in young people (including trauma) and that it is not abnormal for people's brains to continue developing into their 20s. Juveniles as defined by whatever law is a pretty vague term that is probably unrelated to actual developmental aspects such as impulse control, resulting in Jackass and guys jumping into cactuses and young people doing horrible poo poo like naziing and doing a slender man stab plan

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
kill nazis

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

SlipUp posted:

But the Hitler youth, which the ss drew from, was not, no? As an organization they were responsible for indoctrination and brainwashing youth as young as 12.

For reference:
Military use of children in World War II - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_children_in_World_War_II

Do you know what juvenile is?

Anywho, not going to derail any longer. Forgive me for thinking that trying a 93 year old in juvenile court is a ridiculous waste of everyone's time. If you disagree that he was a juvenile, take it up with the german government lol.

They are dealing with it in the appropriate manner, given the circumstances. He would need to be held accountable for his actions, which is just as true of 17 year olds as it is of 27 year olds, however. Today, he would probably be best served by an intervention program and psychotherapy; whether that would direct him toward a more positive outcome than otherwise would depend on him and on the creation of a support network independent of the peers who'd pressure him to keep engaging in delinquent activity. Not that that's relevant in this case, since he's 93 and not still 17.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yup, grab a roll of piano wire, find a nice sturdy tree, and solve for X.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Is coal dust in the bucket or what?

"home-made pyrotechnic mix"

Warning for the squeamish, there's pics of the guy in the hospital with his burned skin sloughing off and taking his tattoos with it, don't click if you don't like that sort of thing. The worst parts of his injuries are censored but figured the warning was needed just in case.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5637289/Man-threw-bucket-homemade-explosives-barbecue-engulfed-fireball.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Korgan posted:

"home-made pyrotechnic mix"

Warning for the squeamish, there's pics of the guy in the hospital with his burned skin sloughing off and taking his tattoos with it, don't click if you don't like that sort of thing. The worst parts of his injuries are censored but figured the warning was needed just in case.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5637289/Man-threw-bucket-homemade-explosives-barbecue-engulfed-fireball.html

drat. It did not look that bad from the video.