Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Trabant posted:

Petition unclear, but results similar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS_nR9_lp5A

I appreciate the googly eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cop too chunky to climb the fence after him?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sometimes they epoxy scrap into the speakers to make them feel heavy and 'quality'.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Its a...boy?

Black smoke, which I think means its an antipope.

Patrick Spens posted:

What is that dude even trying to do?

Jerk off his car.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

canyoneer posted:

I had a friend who worked overnight shifts at a gas station. They had runners all the time. He'd just let em pass and call the cops, but one of his co-workers loved to chase them. That job super sucked and we suspect that dude just wanted a reason to tackle and punch someone.

How do you tackle a car?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Deleted scene from IT.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

As with most of these things, this is overwhelmingly because millenials are poor as gently caress and not because there's a total lack of interest. I've never done it and I know i'd like it but lmao I don't live in the part of the country where it's feasible and I sure as poo poo can't afford a trip to the doctor let alone one to a ski resort

quote:

The average adult weekend ticket price at resorts in the Rocky Mountain region has risen from $106.79 during the 2013-14 to $134.32 last season, according to a graph from NSAA. Data from RRC Associates shows that the average daily rate of lodging in Park City continues to rise, and young adults cannot keep up, they said.

Millennials are low on funds because of student debt and expensive housing and low on time because of “normal” 60-hour work weeks that the previous generation did not see to the same extent, Berry said.

In order to bring them back, resorts have to get creative.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The kicking legs as he pathetically fails to vault the counter was my favourite.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Serephina posted:

Google, a company with total global presence

In my imagination, Google is now run by Albert Wesker.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The closest my school camp came to trust falls was that at the start of the ropes course you had to jump off so you learned to trust the harness.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Haha I saw this once with a loving BEAUTIFUL pure white Samoyed. It was so amazing to behold.

So now dogger gets a huge amount of personal attention from owner while they wash it?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mismatched doors means a previous accident.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

large_gourd posted:

so

if this space room was huge, and you had no force moving in any direction, would you just be stuck in the centre of it? FOREVER?

it looks like this guy's pathetic worm wriggling might be causing some slight force to move him to the left, so maybe it would just take a really long time.

You can swim. It's really ineffective swimming because you're pushing on air instead of water and it just doesn't have the density to give you any real thrust. But it will work eventually.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

I don't know how to do the math, but theoretically you can propel yourself by farting, though I suspect it will be really, really slow.

E: this is a setup for someone to do the math.

Piss would work too, although if you're not careful all you'll do is start yourself spinning.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's just shedding. It'll be a semi-trailer soon!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

Personal schadenfreude - I'm a first-time DM and some of my D&D players are driving themselves bonkers trying to anticipate twists in the plot.

I'm not thinking that far ahead, but I keep making enemies do sneaky things and rolling dice at random times, so it keeps them guessing.

Listen to them speculate about what's really going on, take the best/most imaginitive idea and steal it. Pretend you had it planned from the beginning.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

The bottling plant I worked at had 7 separate filtering stages, then passed the water through a UV light, then injected ozone into the water.

Wouldn't it be better to inject ozone then apply UV? That'll get you oxygen radicals.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why are the playing cards there? Are cards secretly a murder weapon or something?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Hopefully your half-brother is in a parallel bunk.

He wasn't. That's why he's a half brother now.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This kills the fusebox.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

so a dozen bobbies IMMEDIATELY turn up

Isn't this an illegal gathering? Shouldn't they arrest themselves?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

other people posted:

Why doesn't someone make a web site where people input their landlord and it puts you in touch with other people that have the same one?

They like their legs intact?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Yeah don’t ram ships that are reinforced against sea ice.

And is also five times your size.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Korgan posted:

Why can't you call it tasty?

Because it's american cheese.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

That looks like a piece of stamped 16 ga galvanized steel or something.

Doesn't look like the blade is contoured at all.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

But why do you need to be able to access any of these things via your phone or via the internet? Just turn the locks/lights/ect your drat self.

It's convenient to be able to switch the lights off from my bed so I don't have to navigate the room in darkness. It's also nice to program the lights to fade in at wakeup-time.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

drat good aim though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

I appreciate the enthusiasm for discussing the ongoing riots but some of this material really belongs in the riot thread, especially as theres a decent bit of misinfo and such going on. Doesnt mean you cant post stuff here, just, this isnt really a live chat thread.

There's a riot thread? Last time I tried to share molotov recipes I got probe'd.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It won't play.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Memento posted:

Yeah it's a problem with tweets embedding that I have no idea how to fix. This is a direct link to the video.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1269072988864831488/pu/vid/458x812/_8KNwfDf-hmydznq.mp4

Ok yeah that bridge is haunted as gently caress.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

You know how there were always those kids whose houses you didn’t want to go to because you knew you’d just spend the whole time watching them play video games? It’s like that, but in the cloud.

Bad time for the cloud-to-butt extension.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

They're just cleaning the internet, nothing special.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That’s a perfect description. I had to bow out of Hannibal after the episode where the 75-year-old man single-handedly built a 30 foot tall tower made of corpses on the beach in a single night. Also, every time Will is on screen, I feel like there’s a guy just out of frame stage whispering, “I said grit your teeth! Harder, goddamnit!”

Did he have the corpses pre-staged, or did he have to source them all too?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The Fattest PI posted:

I thought the egg suck pressure differential was due to the oxygen being consumed not hot gasses cooling. Maybe not!

And I've always done the stoichiometry and said "that doesn't work!" and had physics ignore me. The fact that the egg acts as a one-way-valve allowing egress of combustion gasses makes it make sense.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ante posted:

What would you tweet from Trump's account, if you could

It would be hilarious/awful

"All is discovered. Flee at once."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I find it difficult to believe that anyone paid them.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Next time try tiger balm.

I worked at a fast food chain in the mid-90s that introduced a food item with jalapenos. One kid was working with them, then went to the can without washing his hands and got a seed stuck in his foreskin. I can still hear the screams when I close my eyes at night.

There was a surprising amount of screaming when someone at work was emptying a 20kg bag of jalapeno puree and managed to squirt it into their eye.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

mng posted:

God drat, gasoline fumes are scary.

Diesel is a much safer accelerant.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, if your goal is to start a fire it's hard to find something more readily available and capable than gasoline. It's like the Cadillac of accelerants.

Not neccesarily. Gasoline tends to create fumes that explode and throw stuff around, but isn't great at staying in one spot and burning steadily. A less volatile accelerant can be more effective because it puts more heat into one spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Way to go now he’s going to make 30 posts about how everyone should just put him on ignore.

People keep quoting him, is the issue.