Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Captainsalami posted:

Gods blind spot!

I shudder to ask but what does that make Alabama?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

duffmensch posted:

I was always partial to make it look like you were summoning someone (the best time was waiting for a BG to start) or trying to put your portal down in the same spot as a warlock summoning portal.

Nawh

Just tell them you are making a cookie table - it takes 4 people to summon mage food for a whole raid, and it LOOKS like a portal.
Viola.

The alternative is roulette portals for people that don't want to pay: Summon every portal but the one they want in the same space - then do theirs last. Every frame you hover over the portal stack is a random destination. Good luck! You have a 1 in... 8? Chance of getting where you want.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Regalingualius posted:

It’s even better now, because they introduced an optional portal that teleports you directly over the crater of where one city used to be.

What I miss even more was the old broken Warlock summon portal.

The portal plonks down like a meter in front of the warlock - and back in the day, it didn't do a good job checking to see if the location is accessible.

Queue summoning people inside walls or objects, trapping them there.
Or... right off the edge of a cliff.

The new lame version checks for pathing and safety.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The nerdy game chat reminded me of one of my favourite strageties from older Source servers (namely Counter Strike source)

See, back in the day before Valve realized this was a terrible idea (and also lead to massive server instability)... it was possible to execute client commands remotely.

i.e. me, the admin on a server, could run console commands on your client machine.

This lead to some very creative punishments for people being assholes such as:

Binding their 'fire' button to 'drop gun'
Scrambling their controls
Deleting all of their inputs (including the 'escape' key needed to go to the menu)

It was also possible in WoW, come to think of it, to pretend to send messages as someone else, including as a GM - but this Source thing let you do the same thing.

There was a wealth of possible commands to run and limited only by your creativity and how vindictive you were feeling.

Alas, the ability was removed a while back - but I'll never forget how delightful it was to watch someone rush into site and toss their gun hopelessly at the enemies before being mowed down, before melting down in chat.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Regalingualius posted:

Let’s try to make this educational.

How does that glass break like a floppy sheet, and not just shatter into a million shards?

Looks like (amusingly) anti-theft window liner.
It's a plastic sheet that makes trying to break the glass apart (from the outside) especially annoying.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://i.imgur.com/BAxhqv0.mp4
:chefkiss:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Fozzy The Bear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HLZOM5_rhk

Not really schadenfreude. Dude is just living GTA in real life.

"Good canine bite" calmly announced on radio is p on brand

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I watched a seagull choke down an entire seastar over an arduous process of about 5 minutes, and I've never worried about their 'well being' since (or before that, honestly)

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://twitter.com/jangelooff/status/1354846320494784515

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Dillbag posted:

I drove in Crete for three weeks where I was told had one of the highest rates of adult-aged male driver deaths in europe because "god will protect me", and I didn't have a single scary incident. The rule of the road is if someone is coming up behind you faster than you're going, you pull over onto the side of the road when it's safe and allow the other vehicle to pass you. So naturally when you're approaching a slower vehicle, they do the same for you.

The day I returned home to Vancouver I had two near misses in intersections from idiots blowing through late yellow/red lights.

Wtf is with Vancouver.
I almost got Tboned by someone running a red there last year and it felt like par for the course.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Something very relevant from military idiots thread:

https://twitter.com/torriangray/status/1361778280521605122?s=20

Click through for a thread!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Something something username/post combo.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

"Never in history has there been a creature begging for extinction more than the fuckin' panda. Except us."

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Guess he never saw the original!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Gats Akimbo posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/01/new-mexico-man-bees-car-supermarket

US man returns from swift shopping trip to find 15,000 bees in his car:

A bit late - and very much an aside but:

I remember watching a show or movie where some characters are discussing how to torture a baddie, and someone suggests bees.
This of course gets laughed at until they also reveal they are an apiarist - so bees it is!

Anyone remember what this was from?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Braces saved me from losing like the top center four teeth when I dove to stop a soccer ball and also ate my friends kneecap.
Braces kept them mostly in place enough that the dentist kinda just popped them back in a few hours later.
But I did cheese-grater my upper lip and some saliva glands through the braces-wiring and had to have that cut out
(I did successfully stop the ball)

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Merijn posted:

Take a page from Douglas Adams and put them all on a spaceship to nowhere the sun

Fixed

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Are the auto-retracting syringes just not as ubiquitous as I thought? I cant think of a procedure in the last year or two that didnt use one of those - they seem super convenient.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Sirotan posted:

Sorry for the double post, been watching this video and holy gently caress the car at 14:50 in, seats and steering wheel covered in a thick coat of mold :barf:

I also lost it at Mold Car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Blue Moonlight posted:

I love Vinegar on iOS - it’s an extension that converts all of YouTube’s bullshit to a stock HTML5 player. Kills the ads in the process.

Newpipe on Android is heavenly for the same purpose.

Just need to figure out how to adblock on my smartTV please send help