Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

At least with Xbox series box, I get a box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Cattenfreude is the best 'freude. :discourse:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Azathoth posted:

It just requires understanding two facts: (1) vehicles in the roundabout always have the right of way and (2) once you enter the roundabout, you never, ever stop

That doesn't sound right to my eurocommie ears. Vehicles always yield for pedestrians and bicycles, when they're entering or exiting the roundabout.

I love that my town has plenty of light traffic underpasses outside the town center.
I have 7 km biking distance to my work and I only have to cross a road twice within my suburb. Rest of the way it is all underpasses and bike/pedestrian roads.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

DarkDobe posted:

Are the auto-retracting syringes just not as ubiquitous as I thought? I cant think of a procedure in the last year or two that didnt use one of those - they seem super convenient.

I've never seen nor used one.

For injections I've usually used needles with manual safety flaps and when mixing antibiotics, just plain needles.

I assume those are marginally more expensive than non-retracting ones. Those would cost €Brussels when used in mass quantities.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Serephina posted:

Basketball apparently, for those just tuning in. Not football.

Is European Football.
Unlike in American Football, there's an actual ball involved.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

ELTON JOHN posted:

The tricks they're doing are absolutely bonkers and it's incredible to see them strung together into a single run. Like a lot of things, it's hard to understand the difficulty of skateboarding if you haven't really spent a lot of time doing it, and the flashy stuff is a good way to sell skateboarding to non-skaters but there is a lot of stuff that is less flashy but still just as difficult as a 900 or whatever. A good example is the massive jump in difficulty between doing something regular vs switch or fakie vs nollie, despite the fact that they'll look like literally the same trick to people who haven't developed an eye for it.

It's funny how the whole concept of Regular/switch is basically on a honour system.
I'm just coincidentally doing my whole run in 'switch'. No sirree, that's not my regular stance.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

The Bandit posted:

Horny is forbidden

*Chili sin Horny

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

BlackIronHeart posted:

Yeah, where are all the nazis hiding on Imgur because every political thing I see on Most Viral is basically 'gently caress Trump and the GOP'?

Maybe it works like any social media and shows you what you want to see.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Chemtrailologist posted:

If it's good to the ingroup, you might say that it's...subjective?

There's clearly a group of jokes that are objectively good.
They're called dad jokes.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

kazil posted:

The constant stream of NFT/crypto schaden is so tiring. I don't even get freude from it anymore, just want it to end

:yeah:
The true schaden is on us.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

I got 5 and half weeks of paid vacation time that goes up to 7 and half weeks with 15 years of experience.
There's also up to 60 days of paid sick leave per year. After that it is with 2/3rd of wage.
Although if your illness goes that far, there will be an health inspection about whether you are fit to return to work any time soon.

Not an American though.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Aramoro posted:

You're just shifting the problem for no real reason? 99% of the time it does not matter what the time is somewhere else. In that 1% of times I still need to know what the offset is. I do a lot of meetings between my office in the UK and our offices in the US. In your new system I schedule a meeting for 1pm say, fair enough it's 1pm for them as well. Is that day or night in the US? Because that's what matters, not the actual time but is the person I'm trying to speak to awake or not? By using timezones I know 1 pm is 6am so a terrible time to schedule a meeting. With universal UTC I just need to know they don't start work till 3pm.

But what if the whole world worked and slept at the same time? Who cares about solar illumination anyway.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

StrangersInTheNight posted:

someone in this thread is actually arguing against open container laws, omg

I mean you could use alcometers for intoxication screening and confirming results with blood tests, if necessary.
There's no need for open container laws in civilized nations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Splicer posted:

I suspect you may be being disingenuous!

No, just a :smug: European.

Dunking on Americans is a hard work, but someone gotta do it.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

20 Blunts posted:

i like how this derail started with "how can a bar, whose sole income is selling booze, prohibit people from bringing in outside booze?" :thunk:

I mean no one is disagreeing with that or not allowing belligerent drunks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

kazil posted:

oh poo poo, can't wait for 30 pages of goons reposting "the classics"

unironically the best part about rebooting threads.