Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

There were lots of red flags here, but the taller guys ignored them all.

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1363923034596388870

:17 is the point where this could've gone from schad to manslaughter if there hadn't been a body in the way of that suplex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I know death can be touchy in the Schadenfreude thread, but this isn't grisly and Darwin Awards stuff is basically the bread and butter of schadenfreude.

Accidental gender-reveal explosion kills an expectant father in New York.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/23/gender-reveal-explosion-new-york/

EDIT: VVV:vince:VVVV

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 23, 2021

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

freeedr posted:

That article says gender reveal parties started in 2008 but haven’t people been doing the blue/pink cake thing for a long time? I went to a birthday party at Showbiz Pizza in the 80s and the birthday boy’s younger brother was announced as being a boy that way.

The actual trend of the whole one-upmanship party for the PURPOSE of revealing the gender comes out of 2008. People were always excited to find out what they were having, but all of this sound and fury is relatively recent.

Caveats--the woman who started it had had a series of miscarriages, so just getting to the point where gender could be determined was part of the celebration. She's since denounced the emphasis on gender, and the daughter she was celebrating presents as gender nonconforming.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

That parking lot is empty. How did that even happen?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Crosspost from the cursed image thread:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

BiggerBoat posted:

Drug talk:

"Don't ever fly or travel with more drugs than you can eat and live to tell about" is a good rule.

When I visited the Bahamas I was down to score a little weed but was told by a few locals that the people there are so poor they'll offer to sell you some and then get paid by the cops to turn you in and drop dime on you. I decided it wasn't worth it but don't know true that is either. At least I'm not posting this 10 years later from a jail in the Bahamas though.

Police corruption exists everywhere, but the Bahamaian Dollar is tied to the USD, and the median income is about 48k BSD. Like, you always have a risk when you're dealing with unfamiliar street dealers, but the people aren't collectively "so poor" that they're gonna sell you out at the drop of a hat.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

I used to see these stories and think "That cat just don't give a gently caress."

Then for a while I thought, "Oh, that poor cat must be terrified."

Having owned two cats for years, I think I was right the first time.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Phuzun posted:

Never have I wanted a video to end with a solid face punch and the whimper of "it's just a prank,bro".

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes, elbowing a teenage girl multiple times in the stomach seems like a valid reaction to a "guess who" joke. It's evolution after all.

This is a wildly bad faith argument, since he had a startle response and had no way of knowing who was approaching him.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Eh, Black hostility against Asian communities is kind of its own thing. It was rooted in sincere frustration as Immigrant entrepreneurs bought or built services in Black communities, then treated the existing communities with suspicion and discrimination. It's misplaced, and toxic, but it exists.

This isn't that, though, and lol at walking into Chinatown with that bullshit.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Aramoro posted:

This all has an easy solution. The person proposing TMNT theme sings it for us.

Once every 10 threads or so, I mourn the loss of mod challenges.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

:drat:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Azathoth posted:

My package from Kyrgyzstan finally arrived. I thought it was gonna get caught in Customs but it sailed right through. It doesn't quite look like what I ordered, and when I plug the text from the package into Google Translate it tells me it's called Marmot Powder, so I think it's still okay. Do you all think I should inject 5mg or 10mg to start?

God this is so perfect, but you skipped "I eyeballed about .01 mg for a taste test (basically filled the '0' on my credit card), but didn't feel anything."

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Alan Smithee posted:

tangent but if you haven't seen this watch it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O13cjtMSiq4

$1 or $1 million

lol

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Inceltown posted:

No one is factoring the value the world gets when laughing at him

This. He literally passed up a bird in hand for the promise of two in the bush.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

This was a JOURNEY...

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ookiimarukochan posted:

There've been rumours for years that well known popular British bands have approached the BBC wanting to give it a go and been turned down - and every time the UK scores on the left side of the board you get an absolutely poo poo tier act the next year (for instance the year after Blue the BBC sent Englebert Humperdink, they weren't even trying to hide they were throwing it.)

Honestly, it's funnier this way, if nothing else because the gammons who remember when the UK actually tried to win back in the 60s / 70s get so upset.

Doesn't the winner have get to host the following year? It basically makes the competition the world's biggest white elephant gift exchange, which only adds to the fun.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Rags The Boxing Kangaroo plays a visit to Australian kids Saturday morning TV series The Early Bird Show and fuckin' clears house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYaIDupJXcs

This is amazing. :australia:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Poldarn posted:

Initially: :stare:

About 15 seconds in: Oh they're speaking Russian, this is fine.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

:black101:

Holy poo poo. So much more of that was intentional/controlled than I thought watching it the first time.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Butterfly Valley posted:

53, apparently

drat. Good for her, I guess.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

NLJP posted:

I mean, idgaf about 'this doesn't look like old ff' or whatever but do yourself a favour and watch the trailer for that game

https://youtu.be/no-MCGxZcsQ

The schadenfreude is how bafflingly terrible this looks from a major company

Its like a time capsule from 2005 or something

YouTube commenters have stepped their game up, it would appear.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

steinrokkan posted:

Here's the problem, you can have schadenfreude, or you can have scripted sketch comedy. The concept of schadenfreude is predicated on it being unintentionally funny, the concept of comedy on it being intentionally funny. Those videos were neither.

How is the concept of schadenfreude predicated on it being unintentionally funny? Isn't basically everyone's first experience with schadenfreude watching (or reading about) the villain getting theirs at the end of a kids' story?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Well yeah, it makes sense as a rule for the thread, but let's not try to enforce an arbitrary global definition of the word.

EDIT: Heck, even "funny" isn't necessary in the "real world." Lots of things give me joy without necessarily being funny. Again though, it makes sense here as a guiding principle for this thread.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 19, 2021

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
And that chair dodge.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

It's a poem.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

:lol:

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It reminds me of those little graphics after a race in road rash 2.

Anybody, anybody..?

Nothing to add, but couldn't leave you hanging since I lost months of my life to these games back in the day.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Jesus Christ

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

GotLag posted:

Hey I'm not the one fact-checking funny videos to work out if it's okay to laugh at them

Allow yourself have some fun

Eh, I appreciate it. Not so much here, but I imagine that having this floating on the internet without the context could put her at risk. People get crazy if they think they're giving bad people their comeuppance online, especially since it sounds like the original post tagged her real account.

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/FnP4C7V.mp4

Hopefully this kid doesn’t get me in trouble like the last one.

Reminds me of Terry Tate, office linebacker

https://youtu.be/RzToNo7A-94 (they blocked viewing outside of YouTube).

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 4, 2021

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Platystemon posted:

NHJ and UNC deserve each other and I am glad that they will be together for a long time to come.

Nope. After UNC burned their rep to the ground, NHJ peaced out to Howard University (in a double announcement along with Ta-Nehisi Coates).

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Daktar posted:

Really? Sounds to me an awful lot like it is actually playing in the background there. Either that or it's some weirdly good sound editing.

Maybe the original version, but likely just the instrumental track. It does sound like it's playing, but it was a song before the excerpt got pulled for TikTok:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMZCzcePNDA

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LanceHunter posted:

TikTok does allow for adjusting mix between the volume of the included video and the volume of the sound you're using, and that is almost certainly what they did here (since, as has been mentioned, that track is a clip of an instrumental and not something that would be playing in a bar.

That's actually a little frightening if it's that smooth in execution.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Inceltown posted:

To be more specific Nigeria beat the USA 90 - 87 in the European Football semi-finals.

...is this a joke?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

other people posted:

not trying to knock the sa devs but all embeds are terrible

This may be the most old man yells at cloud thing I've ever read on this forum.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
From the "funny panels" thread in BSS:

X-O posted:

Yeah this is in the same issue.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Oh my God, I'm going to hell.
:kiss:

Adbot