Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Bargearse posted:

I still buy physical media. I just like the idea of being able to pop a disc in a player and play it whenever I like, as often as I like until the disc wears out. I have control over whether or not I can play it, not a streaming service or a recording company.

I mean... you don't need physical media to do that. I have 70gb of poo poo I bought off of amazon and bandcamp and it costs me a whopping 32 United States Cents a month to keep it backed up on backblaze b2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

KoRMaK posted:

Well hello there. I JUST signed up for Google one at like $3 a month because my Gmail got so big and I never delete anything but I also use my Google drive to back up music production stuff so I can hop between computers and play and record, so this looks like a really interesting alternative

It's basically the price of glacier with the access characteristics of s3. I use rclone to upload/download stuff. It works really well. Also bandwidth from b2 to cloudflare is free so I host the music I've recorded in a static site served from b2 by a free cloudflare worker. It costs literally nothing and means my stuff is served https from a global CDN.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

spankmeister posted:

Less time awake is less time living the agony of existence.

:hmmyes:

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

lmao

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
DECAY

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I voted no because the trump lol thread exists :shrug:

Gromit posted:

"Expensive" is a relative measure, obviously, but cloud backup can be pretty cheap. Backblaze offer it at half a cent per gigabyte per month. Downloading the data costs you more, at a staggering 1 cent per gig on that rare occasion you need to get it back to recover from a fire.

You can even download the data for free if you go via cloudflare. I serve my website out of a backblaze bucket for the whopping cost of literally nothing because it's smaller than the the free limit on backblaze and the free cloudflare worker tier is plenty good enough for my purposes lol.

SavageMessiah fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 11, 2021

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

my secret reason was to see how many people actually read threads im sorry you were my experiment

we've been had!

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Wait does this work in incoming sound or is it a tool for streamers to avoid getting banned

I'm assuming it's for incoming sound and the sliders are because they're for vague-ish topics and the stricter you block it the more likely you are to get false positives and bleep out normal stuff. N-word might be easier to do cleanly because it's one word. I still, foolishly, have optimistic thoughts about other human beings so it could be that it really is a racism-enabler. There's definitely no conceivable way for me tor anyone else idly speculating ITT to learn the truth of the matter.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

limp_cheese posted:

That might have been it but I can't find anything using search. Most of the search links were sexual in nature and had some truly bizarre strings of words.

Edit: I found it with the help from the PYF Sagas thread! You need archives.

Something Awful After Dark

That was three years ago :psyduck: where does the time go?

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Remember when the US had nationally televised Schad every week (night?)?

It still does, though at this point I think the schad is on the viewers.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Memento posted:

If we leave a tape dispenser out, my older cat will eat, like chew and swallow, pieces of sticky tape.

It's a real problem! He's a real moron!

My cat loves tape. He doesn't try to eat it, he just likes to lick the sticky side. He's also a paper-sitter. Throw a piece of paper on the floor and he will sit on it, and then probably push it around and paw at it.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

lmao

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Ballistic Anomaly posted:

I had to do this myself just to see it. Hopefully others find it as funny. Sound optional, but makes it better, imo.
https://i.imgur.com/tWN5pn5.mp4

beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

The New Yorker posted:

That sense of community has been missing from the Internet,

I heard Jeffrey of YOSPOS say that soon he will make it so that you can burn down a square mile of rainforest to get platinum, what a steal