Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

LawfulWaffle posted:

The recently ousted CEO laid off 5000 people about an hour before Run DMC performed for the rest of the meeting goers, but he also claimed he was going to live forever and was going to be the first trillionaire. Guy had a chartered flight get rescheduled because he brought in a cereal box full of pot. I think the idea behind WeWork and WeLive has potential, but when it's headed by a greedy dolt of course it's going to crash and burn. Also that honesty market is a joke; it's stocked with funds that come out of your rent, might as well take everything whenever. If you don't, the next person might. Either give that money back to the renters or eat the loss involved in having a good thing and keep it stocked no matter how many people are stealing from it.

I think the WeWork stuff is very cultish but I can certainly see it being hugely successful if it was run with a kinder touch. At the end of the day it's still just property management and it'll be fun to watch it implode.

I think you should have included the best part of the layoff story, not only did DMC of RUN-DMC come out and open with Its tricky, but they also served trays of tequila shots to everyone who didn't get laid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...d-idUSKBN1WA2R6

:shrug:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Isn't the castle doctrine about protecting your castle, not about a castle that you mistakenly think is yours because you're too horned up to know the difference?

The defense no poo poo argued that because she thought she was in her own apartment, she was simply defending her "castle" from an intruder and therefore should be found not guilty. An absolute perversion of the intent of such a law.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

C.M. Kruger posted:

Lol nah, it's being used as substitute for parenting, lock the little poo poo in their room and let 'em scream at the computer instead.

Absolutely this

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

No why

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Kazak posted:

Captain capslock you quietly carry this thread like a horse carries a man by his flabby tit

Truly the wind beneath our wings

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
It is very literally not an emergency brake. It is neither designed for or intended to be used in an emergency and would almost always be the worst choice you could make if faced with brake failure.

Many modern cars eliminate the pedal or hand pull entirely, and electrically activate the parking brake automatically when you park now.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
The legend continues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwleG_xFwI

`Nemesis fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Dec 30, 2019

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQssl0sM9As

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
ding dong fyad is dead

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's no such thing as ironic Nazis, friend. I wasn't expecting Lowtax to be the one to do it, but I'm glad he did. Nazis have no loving place here, and they deserve no place anywhere.

:love:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Burt Sexual posted:

Attention: I’m heading this off at the pass. Don’t post about posters or forums or whatever here. Period. Take it to the single thread. Shits not gonna ruin good threads with this garbage. Expect probations if you smear poo poo in gbs, from either side of that “fence”. It’s over.

Hey no joke, what's the single thread?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
My local truckfuckler (12' 9") got another one tonight.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Wish they would of hit each other at the end

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

https://www.newsweek.com/onision-youtube-sues-chris-hansen-repzion-civil-court-lawsuit-1482611

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

karoshi posted:

There's already a schaden tag:

:zaurg:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Worked door for over a year in a nightlife district, bartended a touch.

Never had to bust out weapons on the homeless, but my god the abject stupidity on display was remarkable.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Live in the Midwest and can't drink the hot water cause the pipe that links the main to my apt is lead.

You can run the cold water till the water gets real cold and you know you have good water, zero way to do that with the hot.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Jabor posted:

you can do a high ropes course pretty much anywhere in the world, in case you wanted to do that sort of thing without traveling to china

Yeah the only remarkable thing here is the harness/line

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I'm working through post-concussive PTSD right now (guess what! Turns out that's actually a real thing that will hardcore gently caress with your brain! Who knew?), so I feel for the guy, but goddamn if he doesn't go about getting a nasty TBI in the most stylish way possible.

username / post combo for real

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

BiggerBoat posted:

We can't stop here. This is flat country.

gschmidl posted:

Splat Earth.

:vince:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

value-brand cereal posted:

Stealing this from the pyf historical photos/pictures thread

Despite outward appearances, the reunion was an unhappy one for Stirm. Three days before he arrived in the United States, the same day he was released from captivity, Stirm received a Dear John letter from his wife Loretta informing him that their marriage was over. Stirm later learned that Loretta had been with other men throughout his captivity, receiving marriage proposals from three of them. In 1974, the Stirms divorced and Loretta remarried, but Lt Col Stirm was still ordered by the courts to provide her with 43% of his military retirement pay once he retired from the Air Force.[6] Stirm was later promoted to full Colonel and retired from the Air Force in 1977.[7]

After Burst of Joy was announced as the winner of the Pulitzer Prize, all of the family members depicted in the picture received copies. All depicted children display it prominently in their homes except for Colonel Stirm himself, who says he cannot bring himself to display the picture.[5]

Wrong thread

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm not even gonna ask if the American businesses are insured for government closure

lmao it's pretty much universally excluded as force majure and as such not covered under insurance. Fed bailout is the only hope.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

KoRMaK posted:

jesus christ the stupid litigation going on in here rn

People that actively work to slide tens, hundreds, thousands or millions of people into poverty and death deserve to be laughed at. Stop thinking you gotta apply the same rules to them that you would your friend, neighbor or co-worker.

:hmmyes:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Solice Kirsk posted:

General Bullshit > Schadenfreude: Σπδσ.txt

:hmmyes:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Bernie dropped out and like 250 people ate toxx bans, not sure who the schad is on though.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

InediblePenguin posted:

no he didn't, though, from everything I'm reading except the actual sentences chosen as headlines? if i'm reading things correctly, he stopped campaigning (because there's a global crisis on and thus better things to do with campaign time and money) but he's still on all the ballots and still plans to gather delegates for the convention

Suspending your campaign is effectively dropping out. He will not be on the November ballot unless the DNC picks him, or he changes to an independent.

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1247913426166280192?s=20

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

TotalLossBrain posted:

Reminder that Elon is trying to send people into space on his rockets, tomorrow.

The one that blew up is a whole new prototype model, it’s not being used for the NASA launch.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

LifeSunDeath posted:

So like why aren't local fox stations full on propaganda organs like fox network? Are they just loosely affiliated? Or is it just a classic playing both sides situation?

It’s just a loose affiliation mostly based on content rights.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
The dipshit CEO of CrossFit has resigned.

Unsurprisingly, he was racist on a phone call even before the tweet!

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryancbrooks/crossfit-ceo-founder-zoom-greg-glassman-george-floyd

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
It’s proper etiquette to start recording video before bursting in on someone else in a bathroom.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Ralph Hurley posted:

You would think someone for whom it’s that important to be on twitter and post their every stupid thought for all the world to see would have noticed by now other dumb racists losing their jobs and getting publicly humiliated over far less than “blahaharrgh I hate em I hate em kill em all”. Like not just multimillionaire sitcom stars and pizza moguls, but people who loving sell balloons for a living. I mean obviously deciding to quit being a lovely racist is out of the question, and god bless them for self owning and giving us something to laugh at, but have they ever considered just turning the camera off and shutting the gently caress up? Do they think their hero donald trump is going to step in and personally save them?

I think the thing is that these people have done it so many other times before this and have had no blowback whatsoever. We’re just seeing the small slice that is both getting filmed and then also getting attention.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Is there a solid estimate for attendance for trump’s Tulsa rally yet? Last I heard the inside hadn’t filled, and they were tearing down the outdoor “overflow” area before the rally even finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Fantastic. Thanks for the photos.