Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Der Kyhe posted:

She puts up a Hatreon account to "legally fight the Demonrats who ruined her" and she'll be better off than before this all happened.

Hell, maybe she'll might get something from the Trump administration.

I wish people would stop saying 'Nothing Matters' takes like this. The Grift Train isn't that easy to catch and doing a racism to a POC isn't a ticket to ride it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Cite your sources, please, I'm interested in learning more.

Yes. I need to know.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Jippa posted:

I definitely get the impression that drink driving isn't taken as seriously in the US as other countries. In the UK it's really frowned upon socially despite every one here being piss heads.

The US mostly lacks the public transportation system that would lead to suspended licenses being a more easily implemented penalty. I'm not excusing drunk drivers, because holy poo poo is that a selfish choice to make, but in a lot of areas if you take away someone's license they can't get to work.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The US is a mad max style hell state with basically non-existent social safety nets. I'm not defending drunk driving at all.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Are you okay?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Cable Guy posted:

This site accepts cookies.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LifeSunDeath posted:

This was a great post, keep on shining superstar.

Third from the bottom guy avoided a nasty death by loving up.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A friend of mine nearly got suckered into one of those schemes, she did several weeks training to be a host for a local pub trivia company and it was only after she'd invested all that time & effort and 'passed' the training that they told her she had to pony up a 'refundable deposit' of hundreds of dollars for the equipment before she could start the actual job.

How long does it take to train to be a pub trivia quizmaster?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

CommissarMega posted:

Of all the departments at LIberty U to lose funding, this is the most surprising. Aren't religious studies (because American evangelicalism is still, somehow, technically classified as a religion) the whole point of the place?

Sure, but they don't make money, and the dude is ABSOLUTELY in it for the money.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

bell jar posted:

I pay $200 where is nippal

If nippal is promised and you don't get nippal after $200 you have every right to get mad

'Don't gently caress over others' is like basic human decency.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
In all seriousness how does that happen and who's fault is it? It's not like the height of trains and their obstacles is a surprise.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I love a rope swing but there's so many terrible fails - rope breaks....tree breaks....rope too long... but the most common thing is this right here, and its just hold onto the loving rope, dipshit. Hold onto the rope!

It's the technique. They don't have the rope taught when they begin the swing, so they experience a drop and a lot of inertia when suddenly the rope goes taught and it turns out two hands and untrained grip strength can't stop most adults from falling in an instant. If they leaned back so the rope was tight and gently lifted off their heels they'd go swinging elegantly along.

e: fb :argh:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

therattle posted:

It’s taut, FYI. But I guess nobody taut you that.

Yeah well I'm a moron so who's the idiot now? It's me the answer is me.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Christ that dude fuckin ROTATES. The power of that kick!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Proteus Jones posted:

Oh thank god. I thought it might be that one where a field judge gets his foot pinned to the turf.

There was one not terribly long ago where a field judge loving died.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Z the IVth posted:

Who in their right mind could have imagined that an empty beer can could hold the weight of an adult idiot?

Someone who downed a few beer cans first.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sirotan posted:

:confused: what did he think was going to happen???????

It was a suicide attempt. At a certain level, stupid acts can only be suicidal.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

This was successful for way longer than I thought it would be.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

steinrokkan posted:

gently caress, I haven't thought of Randi for a good whilem, but still it hits like a truck.

My first forums community was the Randi skeptics forum. It's probably why I flirted with Libertarianism in my teens too.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
https://youtu.be/moUzR9hbfeA

They lived.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Railing Kill posted:

I'm enjoying the shades of a "you are the dumbest boy alive"-esque internet slapfight.

Btw, there are exactly four weeks in a month. Fite me, goons

Correct, in a month, specifically February, there are exactly four weeks...

most of the time.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I want to make a t-shirt with this image in a 2x2 matrix, each frame image having the eyeballs pointed in opposite directions

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

IT WAS BURNING ALREADY YOU IDIOT AHHH

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

I'm dying.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

therattle posted:

I’m happy to stop but people keep responding to my posts. I’ll stop if you do!

somebody get the dril post about logging off

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

LifeSunDeath posted:

people need to stop posting the words on twitter that in real life they would look around a room quickly before uttering. not sure why people lose their loving mind on a very public forum over and over.

Blue Checkmarks all seem pretty fuckin' dumb.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Carthag Tuek posted:

Altared State got a screenshot:

Anyone know how that happened?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Baron von Eevl posted:

Showin' off the new litter. My guess is it's sawdust based or something and super light, so while the cat was always able to step on the edge of the pan on the way out with the clay-based litter weighing it down the new light litter couldn't handle it.

It's corn based if it's what I use. Totally flushable but yes, light.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Memento posted:

Producer at WB: "Oh, woops, accidentally put that movie live before it was due, gosh I hope no one writes any column inches about this enormous fuckup!"

Oh hey we had the same suspicion.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Kenning posted:

This annihilated me; I've always liked Gaki no Tsukai, but this one did me in more than any I can remember. Holy gently caress.

That's because it is just that funny.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Animal had a beef with the cop, I guess

Cows hate pigs

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

By popular demand posted:

Yeah I remember that: kicker is highly autistic man on an outing, lady is his handler and I think that all three adults had made the wrong decisions here.

Punching someone who kicks a child is always the right choice.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sanctum posted:

Working 2 jobs in college, I clocked out and put a coat on and a customer asked me for help finding an item we didn't have. I took him to where the item we didn't should be. Sorry we don't have it. He wants me to check inventory. I'm sorry sir I'm off the clock and need to go now. He wanted me to check anyways, it will just take you a second. I apologized and said he would have to speak to another employee. He complained that they were all busy. Yeah dude I know we are understaffed. I told him I had a 2nd job starting in less than an hour and couldn't help him.

This loving regular customer decided to double-park and block my car in. I had to go back into the store, make an annoucement, find out it was him. He wanted me to just wait so he wouldn't lose his spot in line. I insist he move his car now. He tells me that if I just took a register he would be able to get to his car and move it faster. I get real loud at him. He moves his loving car. He tells me I could have been more polite to him. I do not apologize.

My manager wrote me up because of a customer complaint. A customer complained that I refused to help them and raised my voice.

I once again return to the idea that anyone working retail should be entitled to one free murder per year, to kick in after a year of working retail.
On the job only, of course.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

You misspelled "Soccer."

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Daktar posted:

I don't think sailors call people landlubbers any more, but they probably should for this guy.

Watch the coats. That ship is tilting at 45 degree angles. That's strap yourself to the chair tilt if I ever saw it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

`Nemesis posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965420&perpage=40&noseen=1#post514104474

someone came back after a 100k hour probe and their first post used a naughty thread tag and they got autobanned

beautiful

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

When I was 18 I tweaked my back a few days before we were going to go to a rave so I was popping excedrin which kept me from sleeping which I counteracted by popping yellow jackets from the gas station. The last thing I remember at the rave was a great looking girl walking up and hitting on me for LITERALLY THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, just then the strobes came on and I started foaming at the mouth and dropped to the floor having a grand mal seizure.

I didn't get her number.

Don't worry, you only hallucinated the girl.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Platystemon posted:

What would you describe Eisenhower as?

Victorious.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Vakal posted:

There's a used car dealership near me that runs a money laundering scheme like this.

Drugs come in from all around the country hidden in lovely used vehicles that arrive stacked on flatbeds.

The drugs don't cost the local dealers anything, but they have to buy a used vehicle first which get financed with absurd interest fees. We're talking stuff like a $8,000 car coming out to costing $40,000+ overall.

The dealers make their monthly cash payment which gets put on the dealerships books and everything comes out squeaky clean.

If you know about it, it can't be that clean.