Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Bit behind but I just wanted to add, for anyone who didn't actually click the link, here's the 82 year old who beat the poo poo out of a burglar with a table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

They fired both the barista as well as the shift supervisor for the Starbucks thing.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just won the lottery on their wrongful termination suit.

Unfortunately the recent one where the cop was fired was a different event, from McDonald's.

After the cops spent an entire day going through video footage to try and get some minimum wage employee fired and finding nothing, McDonald's was eventually able to pull up footage that proves the employee didn't do it.

Tl;Dr ACAB

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

There was a gym where I used to live where they only did year contracts, they auto renewed and you had to cancel in person during the last month.

Also even if you did cancel they would keep charging you regardless (I actually just outright closed the bank account since it was a second one I had for some reason).

Also the owner eventually got arrested for that last bit and the gym was taken over by a better company.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Antioch posted:

"And nothing of value was lost"

They're wasting perfectly good treatment

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Samovar posted:

What was the date for that first report?

Looks like it's from september 2018
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/business/norton-motorcycles-boss-stuart-garner-1963413

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Beast Mode: Unlocked

Just wait until he Maximizes

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm amazed at all the bike videos where the tire just casually rolls off. How poorly built are all these bikes?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Hardon Crime posted:

as we all know the funniest joke possible is saying something to the effect of "heh actually" while providing the correct information

congratulations you have won a prize, please report to siberia to collect your all inclusive stay at our finest gu uh guest resort

The joke of...getting HIPAA facts wrong? I know goons famously don't understand jokes, but that's not actually a joke.

Like , inceltown started the whole thing with an actual HIPAA joke but somehow the poster who came in posting basically the same thing but worse is somehow the hero on this scenario?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

That70sHeidi posted:

The other two books were Hollywood Babylon, about all the truly soul-shriveling rape and murder occurring in Hollywood in the 30s-50s, and a Piers Anthony book about computer games. And Star Trek, OG.

:allbuttons:

So this Piers Anthony book, is it an actual book just about games in general or something or would it happen to be Killobyte the story of the paralyzed cop who meets the 15 year old diabetic girl in a virtual reality world and they fall in love?

Also I somehow only just now noticed that it's actually spelled with 2 "L"s.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, I actually pulled up a PDF because I wanted to make sure.

The 15 year old is actually the antagonist hacker. The girl is 18, and the guy is 30. He was run over by a jealous husband after he slept with his abused wife.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 22, 2020

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Doggles posted:

Working in Google's self-driving car division, downloading GBs of their confidential and proprietary files to your personal laptop, quitting weeks later, immediately starting a rival company, selling that company to Uber, then pleading the 5th when Google sues your rear end is probably not the best get rich quick scheme.

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1235363381588168705

Self-driven to bankruptcy

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

Rest, ice, compression, elevation. And like 3 months of taking it easy. Hopefully nothing broken/torn.

LOL at 3 months. I rolled my ankle real bad working at Ace one day, sat down for about 45 minutes and went back to work.
My left ankle still has a noticeable lump to it but otherwise it works fine now. This was like 3 years ago.

The schadenfreude is being working class American.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Oh God, before I finished reading and processing that I thought they meant the balloon floated into the sky with the turtle.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

After her daughter died in a car crash, the gay community was primarily who reached out for condolences and comfort.

And that's how she ended up at New York Pride last year

https://twitter.com/booboobeenfool/status/1145160908647387136

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

This is super pro click and I definitely recommend going in blind if possible

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

The one issue is there's no camera on the other side so we can see the result of the damage

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

This is beautiful

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

The schads on us all, also the bans aren't done yet. I really want to know the final count.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

beanieson posted:

which x-man is this

Quill, of course

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know who that interviewer is but it is a distinct possibility that Bill and Ted released before he was born.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

Puddle of Mudd delivers an utterly '90s crossover event with their cover of Nirvana's "About A Girl" for SiriusXM Octane

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Well, until radium reappears in 2035 having discovered the way to ban someone from the planet through something awful, it's the best we got.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, it can be hard to tell without the explosions and shrapnel but there's definitely some things pointing towards gender reveal party.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Finalnesperado/status/1249429160826753030

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

So that's what Fontaine looks like after the end of Bioshock

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/eDV3a7K.mp4

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

This is making the rounds again since Ventura said he's running as green party but I dont know that Virginia has actually asked for the flag again since he was governor in 2003.

Edit:NVM, doing a little more searching shows they tried again in 2013 using the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg as an excuse

Garrand fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 23, 2020

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Scroll down for some comments! You can guess what they say

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

It's good to see alt+f4 updated for the modern era. Brings back memories

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

quote:

The Sheriff’s Office said the deputy walked into the yard, knocked on the front door and that’s when he heard a dog barking inside.

The spokesperson said the dog ran after the deputy, and before he could back out of the yard, the dog charged at him and bit him in his ankle.

Must have been a collie since it apparently was able to open the door. And smart enough to know ACAB.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I wish there was a way to force inline and autoplay for other people

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

That one looks like it comes from this story from Pennyslvania in 2016

https://www.ldnews.com/story/news/local/2016/11/18/mcdonalds-east-complete-loss-after-grease-fire/94103656/

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I don't think I've ever winced In slow motion before

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, Omegle is the randomized video chat and they're two guys that are just dressed as girls. There's a million prank videos of the sort. Although holy poo poo on the girl voice of the blonde one.

e: I looked it up, if you see the text chat it says "you both like natt" and natt is the blonde one who has a youtube channel full of these videos.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 4, 2020

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Sure, NDAs and people need to protect themselves but so far all I've seen are tweets saying "Lindsay Graham hired gay sex workers" but no actual sources and nobody saying they directly experienced that.

E:from what I've seen, obviously I haven't seen every tweet ever and may not have seen whatever kicked all this off.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Is this still the case? Like invisible fire seems bad.

No, they're probably not on fire anymore.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

SpacePig posted:

What sucks is that I for sure saw that joke in several threads here, on Twitter, and on Facebook, but somehow here, a week later, is when it genuinely flies right over my head.

If it's any consolation I went through this literal exact same sequence. I remember those same jokes now but just didn't think about it with the initial post.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

This one's a classic that I legit can't watch anymore. I feel so bad for that woman getting absolutely clobbered at the end, then the dude faking a seizure next to her as she's sobbing in pain on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

This is more catharsis.gif than schadenfreude but there isn't a thread for that:

https://twitter.com/sohbunshu/status/1274497782896709635?s=19

I don't care if you think it's fake