Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Tony Snark posted:

Takes a lot Kegels to build up to that level though.

:classiclol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

That is the most unusual trapdoor spider ever seen.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

You can do that anyway :ssh:

We aren't all flight attendants, though.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

We should send a "Best of Luck!" box of cigars.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

oh dope posted:

This is why when you're taking your motorcycle driving test, they have you go around a bunch of koans

:argh:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

DandyLion posted:

I've had this discussion with my martial arts buddies a lot.

For what its worth, back in the Renaissance/Middle Ages when people were fighting alot, there is almost no record/treatise surviving from that time period that details anything like boxing/striking. The few bits we've recovered show some open handed strikes/slaps, and I believe a single hammerfist attack, but is otherwise devoid of any closed fist striking.

We've surmised that back when killing people was a much more regular and common occurence that the understanding was the human hand is in almost all cases better suited holding an object (or prefferably a weapon) rather than just striking with a fist. There's plenty of joint locks and standing submissions so the analog of modern JJ/BJJ is present and confirmed efficacious. I just kind of took it to mean that there's way too much risk vs the reward for using your hands as weapons themselves, and even in mundane unarmed scenarios you were better suited picking up a rock or literally anything (and we've got lots of records of them showing a sundry collection of random items as weapons) to believe the modality of the time confirmed just how inadvisable closed fist striking is.

Historians do regularly ignore the pervasive violence against women, yes.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

LordSaturn posted:

I can't finish it, I'm just sure the cop is going to lose his temper and arrest the guy

Safe to watch.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Jesus, what kind of loving school did you go to?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cats, man.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I am willing to bet the people posting that picture are heavy into acupuncture.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Sirotan posted:

I'm kind of curious to know what level of education most people had about tsunamis before 2004 and 2011. Were there tsunamis caught on camera before 2004 that were widely seen? Obviously there was no early warning system in most of the countries affected by the 2004 tsunami, and even Japan's system significantly underestimated the size of the 2011 tsunami, but you have tourists and locals alike in that documentary just kind of standing there making no effort to get to higher ground as the second wave comes barreling into shore.

In trying to research this question I learned this:

In comparison the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami reached 108ft and the 2011 Japan tsunami reached 133ft. :stare:

I read Pearl Buck's The Big Wave as a child, plus learning some ocean stuff in geography in junior high, plus living on the coast of California. Before the 2004 disaster, I had assumed everyone knew what "ocean rapidly receding a long way out" foretold. I then also learned that not all tsunami have this behaviour!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Volcott posted:

Does using a tampon stop that or no.

*Hearty laugh*
The worst is when it sort of does but the force of the sneeze is enough to push the tampon out just a little. That ranges from irritating to painful, especially if you are sitting much of the day.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

beanieson posted:

Can’t you just like, reposition it? I’m repositioning my junk for comfort probably a dozen times a day, seems reasonable.

That involves a trip to the bathroom and might not work! Tampons go in with the aid of the cardboard. Cotton on its own bunches up, which, believe me, is also painful.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah this is gross and stupid.

If males are gonna talk all day, in all forums, about their genitals, as well as the varying aspects of what comes out of their assholes on the regular, then the menstruating set should have a bit of chat for two pages in one thread.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Shai-Hulud posted:

English isn't my first language. I never noticed there are different spellings for men and women. I'll fix it.

It's not an English word.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Shai-Hulud posted:

Its in the english dictionary so its a word from the english language :colbert:

So is schadenfreude!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

JonathonSpectre posted:

Imagine going in front of a judge as the lawyer for that despicable shitbag and having to look at the judge and say, "Well, your honor, it may just be if we release my client he can save the world."

Like, if you're going to do this, go all-out. Say that he cannot contact his home planet for the vaccine formula or something.

"He's tried to contact the mother ship but his cell is lined with kryptonite!"

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Schadenfreude: Fight The Urge

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

"Experts said it was the first time a terrorism charge had been laid over violence tied to incels, a term that refers to self-described “involuntary celibates.”"

Even terrorism charges get laid before they do :laugh:

:drat:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Dread Head posted:

Man opts out of our socialized health care plan to save $35 a month, got cancer is now on the hook for all treatment costs. Oh and as of January this year the cost went from 35$ a month to 0$.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-man-opted-msp-drowning-medical-bills-cancer-diagnosis-1.5582957

On the one hand, $22,000 for months of care seems shockingly low to an American. It's practically free!
On the other hand, I also know how $22,000 might as well be $,22,000,000 when you just don't have the money, employed or not.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Lodin posted:

They got a McDonald's, lol.

Will the Francisee still owe fees to McDonald Corp.? Those are usually locally owned.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

gschmidl posted:

The British Ann Coulter, Katie Hopkins, has been permanently suspended from Twitter for hateful content.

Excellent.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Kpop is ridiculous and I'm sure the fans sure are something since they love watching cute young Korean girls dance around and sing a song that was created by board members.

I look at it like Furrys and Juggalos. Terrible, but at least their heart is in the right place.

BTS is a boyband.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

who is this person?

Vicious transphobe. Wrote for a popular comedy - Father Ted, I think.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh drat. Lol that he got suspended from twitter...so did his bullshit result in the loss of his marriage/carreer/kids or was it other stuff too?

I don't think so. Apparently he started his transphobic ranting after having a testicle removed. Mumsnet and U.S. religious assholes support him in his declarations of being a true feminist - any cis-women in solidarity and support of their trans-sisters are "traitors" to their gender.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Samuringa posted:

The largest unintentional contributor to the Mermaids charity drive of 2019

Haha, I had forgotten a goon had done that.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

dreamin of semen posted:

I think they're asking if his endless tirade against trans women in an effort to defend the honor of REEEAL WOMEN is what caused his entire family to ditch him, and the answer to that is "extreme yes". They begged him to stop, but his life IS transphobia, so that was never gonna happen. I don't think there was any other factors, he straight destroyed his life in an attempt to destroy lives

it's a lol

Oh, whoops! Sorry!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Hee hee!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1276678514201309184

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

LifeSunDeath posted:

Pictured: Lowtax helping his wife down the stairs

ha ha domestic violence!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Welp, time for a new skillet. You're never getting all that burnt and melted plastic off. Even if you do, everything cooked in it forever afterwards will carry the faintest aftertaste of it. It is irrevocably tainted.

Sorry about your skillet.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Samuringa posted:

Bolsonaro got bitten(pecked?) by a rhea(imagine an emu's latin cousin)

https://twitter.com/rafaelcampos/status/1282789900526456832

Isn't he supposed to be positive for the covid virus?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

luxury handset posted:

not sure if we can really call this a sport but in parts of peru there's a festival where part of the celebration is just kicking the poo poo out of anyone who you were beefing with that year

back to schad because this travel blogger dude is like "i've gotta get a piece of this" and gets his rear end kicked by a local. maybe be careful soliciting fights at the town who has annual Ye Olde Fight Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjR1ZrG9qqg

Hardly schad. He had a great time and took the loss with a smile.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

Wonderful! Just wonderful! ... So much for instilling them with a sense of awe.

:classiclol:
One of my favourites.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s a matter of space.

My current stove is gas, and it has a storage drawer instead of a broiler. Imagine my disappointment.

Wedgewood stoves have both!

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Dillbag posted:

I wanted to name my kid jeeves to see if they would grow up to be a butler

Valet.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

It's kind of like "spaz" which in America means someone hyperactive but in the UK is entirely different.

Perhaps it does now for a younger generation but "spaz", short for "spastic", is a derogatory term for someone with epilepsy or cerebral palsy in the U.S. as well.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

don’t lie, you know we only ever eat wonder bread and cake. and ezekiel, dave’s and other breads with like a billion grains simply do not exist

I don't know about Ezekiel's but the one time I looked at the nutrition information for Dave's Killer Bread it had a ridiculous amount of sugar per slice.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

sephiRoth IRA posted:

...there's no punch line!

No one likes these jokes. The punch lines are too long.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

Cheese is yellow and I don't want no pizza that has no cheese

I have never seen yellow mozzarella, is it supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Dragonstoned posted:

What colour is it if it's not yellow?

White