Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Mammal Sauce posted:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8hOaoz0.gif[/timg]

You can turn huge imgur gifs into MP4s just by adding a 'v' to the end of the url.

i.e.

[url]https://i.imgur.com/8hOaoz0.gifv[/url]

https://i.imgur.com/8hOaoz0.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

TheMaskedUgly posted:

The thread simply needs clear and active moderation from someone who's response to seeing this thread in their reports list isn't 'I can't be bothered to deal with this again'.

Isn't this literally what Idiot Kings were created for?

Also, yes, threads without discussion might as well just be imgur or reddit.

The picture thread in D&D was one of the best threads on the forums for years, doubling as a global current affairs thread.

Now there's a 'no talking' rule and it's a pale reflection of what it once was.

https://i.imgur.com/fCfRpuX.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/Csma2m3.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Oh my god. It's perfect.

Watch it to the end, it's well worth it :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That accident freaks me out.

All around where I am, the government has put wire barriers on both sides of the highway. This means that, if you need to stop, you can't pull right over any more.

This is an old image from google maps, now the wire is on both sides in each direction:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Memento posted:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T WALK THROUGH THIS ACTIVE CRIME SCENE I WALK THROUGH HERE EVERY DAY WITH MY DOGS DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO I PAY YOUR SALARY!!!!!"

https://i.imgur.com/5p9hjRz.mp4

All Cops Are Bastards, but sometimes they leverage their bastardry in the right direction. And yes, that was a bag of dogshit she threw at them. loving queenslanders.

This happened a couple of years ago, but it's still funny as hell to me.

I mean, every party is a horrible person, sure. But tossing dog poo poo at a cop and a Karen getting a rude awakening that, no, she can't just treat everyone in the world like poo poo is just :allears:

I went looking on the crime ledgers but couldn't find anything, so it looks like they just let her stew in the back of the divvy van and let her go.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/WxCrcj7.mp4

It's okay to enjoy this, the rhino once voted Republican.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Shut up Meg posted:

In the list of 'people you shouldn't attack' that includes 'Men with the nickname "Champ"', I'd like to add 'People in smart suits who remain very calm'

(For context, the guy with the beard had spent the previous 20 mins attacking/threatening commuters, was a pickpocket and was carrying a knife)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxq3mtG6pwA

Literally the whole carriage starts laughing after he headbuts the bloke.

It's one of those "then everyone stood up and clapped" moments, except real.

EDIT:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Goddamn you're Stupid_Sexy_Flander

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 6, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Shut up Meg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEEotNzLMRg

TL;dr Blizzard will sell anyone out for that Chinese money

E: why is it that the best analysis of the political situation in a foreign country is from a guy whose claim to fame is doing 360 noscopes and not the mainstream news?

Blizzard has also disabled account deactivation, which is certainly not going to backfire.

So now people are changing their usernames to "Free Honk Kong" and stuff like that.

Really dedicated ones are posting "gently caress China" threads in the Blizzard forums and getting banned that way.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

eating only apples posted:

Saw that youtube preview and thought of this, which is much funnier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3WeXGmqYsE

I despise this kid on an almost visceral level.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Your Gay Uncle posted:

He was on Tosh.0 awhile ago and he seems to be of normal intelligence, he just grew up in florida public schools. His parents are juggaloes and huge wrestling fans who were super supportive of his decision to be a “ stuntman” and they help out in a lot of his videos, they appear to be a very nice family that spends their time together getting slammed into kiddy pools full of LED bulbs.

Did no one ever tell this poor kid that stunt people don't actually hurt themselves by default when they do stunts but to great lengths not to?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Azhais posted:

My guess is the last hit that actually shifted the bridge a bit probably damaged it enough it was worth the upcharge to just fix it

Yeah, when I saw the earth mover go through the first metal beam and actually hit the bridge I thought this could be it.

Those things can loving ruin a bridge.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 19, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
The second guy has something hidden in his right hand which he hits the glass with.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Oh my god, that just kept getting better and better.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Straight White Shark posted:

oh my god, this just keeps getting better. here's his commentary on the video:

quote:

I just wish one of you inversed me so that one of us would have won.

Goddamn, the loving entitlement coming off that line.

EDIT: Just read the next few replies and this guy has managed to get worse!

"Women people"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Holy poo poo, the guy just loving teleports offscreen.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Trabant posted:

Petition unclear, but results similar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS_nR9_lp5A

I've seen about a dozen reports on this rock now and every one contains someone saying "When you're right next to it, you can't see it" as though that's supposed to loving mean anything.

You're driving up to it in a car, you should "see it" before you get anywhere near it.

Are these people driving those cars actually toddlers with no object permanence?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ruflux posted:

This post is like straight from 2010. What is it about wireless anything that always causes such strong reactions anyway?

I only need to change the batteries in my Logitech mouse maybe twice a year.

And once I start getting 20% battery life messages, I can still wait another two months before actually changing the battery.

The new gen of wireless mice are just insanely good.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
OSHAdenfreude

https://i.imgur.com/cyvuSGz.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Have people forgotten the saga of the poopsock?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Burt Sexual posted:

There’s literally a victims card?

I'm going to guess it's a short form of a victim's report which police give to you after you've been the victim of a crime.

It contains your details and what happened.

Useful if you need to claim insurance, explain to work why you were late or give to a lawyer if you need legal advice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

purple death ray posted:

I'm not making a judgment about this video but I would like to posit that once you start dropping phrases like "deserved to die" you should probably take some steps back and reconsider some things

What if we're talking about cops?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Cyberturd's such a piece of poo poo, the wheel almost fell off:

https://twitter.com/hilinetrail/status/1197735836562931713

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/KawasakiKR11/status/1197814511920730112

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

canyoneer posted:

https://i.imgur.com/7BvvxKX.gifv

rhino does not want to be your friend

I'm no animalparkologist, but I would have thought that vehicles that drive near large animals regularly would have reinforcement.

At the very least, a roll cage.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 24, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Memento posted:

Statler: "what's the difference?!?"

Waldorf: "about a hundred dollars a roll!"

:rimshot:

Dude:

:stat: :wal:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well, it was more "cannonball rolled down a hill" because a bomb range is not a 'fire off a loving cannon' range.

Still lucky they didn't hurt anyone, though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Clitch posted:

The evolution of alarm I had watching this was like opening up progressively more wonderful Xmas presents.

Oh wait. That's not paint! That's GLOWING hot! Oh god! There's fire coming out of the flanges! Stop! OH NO!

:piss:

The only thing louder than that engine revving would have been the applause of everyone within 500 metres who was trying to sleep.

gently caress those guys who just sit there revving their engines. I hope he wasn't insured.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's the Simpsons episode where Homer makes a BBQ set and the art world loves it.

Then he makes another and no one cares because it's the same bullshit as the last one.

If only it worked like that in this world.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Mozi posted:

at one point in time fyad was the funniest spot on the entire internet

that was a while ago though. i'm not sure what drama happened but i don't feel much emotion about it.

Virulent transphobia.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That ladder gif is just so perfect I could believe it was a scene from a movie.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Reposting from the PYF Saga thread.

Put a smile on my face.

EDIT: The thread's changed its name to "SA's Greatest Sagas: Farewell, You Appalling Dickheads" which is just beautiful.

Poor FYAD, no one likes you because you're horrible. Boo hoo.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Dec 11, 2019

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Randaconda posted:

yeah, they'd rather have the shoplifting than having to pay for an employee getting stabbed or something*.

*lol they'll find out he smoked weed three weeks before and won't have to pay poo poo

Visit you in the hospital text you that they watched the last six weeks of security camera footage and found an infraction and now have to let you go.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

madeintaipei posted:

Ah, old Walmart.

Seriously though, feed and seed stores are great.

Kid me: Wait, we're just going to drive right into the store? Whoah, they let you do that?

I saw this at uni once when a lectured in a huge hall went to turn on the lights from a panel with about 20 switches on it.

He'd turn on one switch and lights on one side of the room would turn on. He'd turn on another switch and the original lights would turn off.

This continued for a very long time as the class of several hundred watched him try to figure out the puzzle of how to turn every light on.

Then I looked behind me to see where the giggling was coming from and saw the guy with the second set of light switches at the back of the room.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Milo and POTUS posted:

We got to feed stores often but I have no clue what kid you was talking about

You're missing out.

Park your car and go shopping.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Aramoro posted:

Wait that the law you made? Not a law to stop employers stealing from their staff?

When I worked at servos in the 90s, the owners of one store tried that poo poo.

I responded by either stealing poo poo to the same value of the drive off, or just voiding sales and putting the cash in the till until it balanced.

Like hell I was going to work an entire night shift for free because someone drove off and the owners were too cheap to put in cameras.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Goddamn, gently caress those people for doing that next to a tied up animal.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Takes No Damage posted:

I still refuse to believe this is real. Like sure, maybe the first couple of times the guy posted he was just brain farting, but after that it has to be a feedback loop of trolling/puppetmaster attempts. I... I need for this to not be real.

Same here.

Surely someone would have just told them to set their exercise regime to a fortnightly schedule?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has been mostly absent during the recent devastating bushfires, at one point secretly trying to leave the country to go on holiday to Hawaii while volunteer firemen were dying and hundreds and hundreds of families were losing their homes. We probably wouldn't have known except someone spotted him at the airport, and afterwards he issued a really insincere "I'm sorry if people felt upset" non-apology. He's also refused multiple times to give financial aid to the volunteers battling the fires, eventually caving in under pressure and paying them a pittance. Thousands of people were stranded in a seaside town yesterday, cowering in fear along the beach as the fires razed most of the town, and he did gently caress all to help them.

Today he actually got off his rear end and went out to do do a meet & greet at a town that was ravaged by the fires and it didn't go well for him at all.

This particular moment where he grabs a woman's hand when she CLEARLY doesn't want to be touched is going to be a pretty big nail in the coffin of his career, this is an exceptionally bad look:
https://twitter.com/k_morrissey/status/1212669863417659393?s

Morrison recent paid an "empathy consultant" $190,000 to help him look like he cares in the slightest.

Let's see how that's going:

https://twitter.com/Sophiemcneill/status/1212739227122667520?s=20

https://twitter.com/siobhanheanue/status/1212748266695118848?s=20

Prime Minister Scott Morrison posted:

Australians will be gathering, whether it’s at the SCG (Sydney Cricket Ground) or around television sets all around the country, and they’ll be inspired by the great feats of our cricketers from both sides of the Tasman and I think they’ll be encouraged by the spirit shown by Australians and the way that people have gone about remembering the terrible things that other Australians are dealing with at the moment