Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

a beautiful piece of performance art that makes this new thread feel more complete, i applaud your sacrifice :kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

My Spirit Otter posted:

Probably not, though. Adding an elastic band like that, changes which muscles are being worked and allows you to work muscles you dont normally work without the band.

You could get the same effect by increasing weight and changing the angle of your lift. Like the angle of resistance he'd have gotten with that band, he could have had by using an incline bench to lay prone at a slight angle forward while doing his curls.

e: oh right this is the schad thread

so hey, remember when Elon Musk called the rescue diver who saved the Thai kids a pedo guy on twitter?

Check out this brain geniouse defense

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 17, 2019

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Plucky Brit posted:

Didn’t Musk also send out a set of tweets justifying why the diver was in fact a pedo?

yep. here's a couple

and I seem to remember he had a couple other tweets where he went in a bit more but I can't find them right now

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

yesssss this is exactly what I was thinking of

quote:

"I suggest that you call people you know in Thailand, find out what’s actually going on and stop defending child rapists, you loving rear end in a top hat," Musk wrote in the first message. "He’s an old, single white guy from England who’s been traveling to or living in Thailand for 30 to 40 years, mostly Pattaya Beach, until moving to Chiang Rai for a child bride who was about 12 years old at the time."

"As for this alleged threat of a lawsuit, which magically appeared when I raised the issue (nothing was sent or raised beforehand), I loving hope he sues me," he added.
:kiss:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jerry Cotton posted:

Goma No
Funma Si

:nice:

Self-owns are the best owns

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

god i love this, i lol every time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

Edit: Mystery solved. Still like, raising nearby crossings still sounds worth it to avoid cleaning up hundreds of wrecks but I'm no engineer.

Engineers should instead create more space between the railroad tracks and road

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

You are correct I don't read every post of every iteration of the many 5000 page schade threads.

mods?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I choose to believe that Burt is committed to providing the truest and fullest schadenfreude thread experience by generating some content himself

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0qbv8AatAU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zipperelli. posted:

Because goons cant help themselves but to virtue signal and act like they're more tolerant than the next person.

Or maybe some people actually have empathy. Crazy, I know.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://i.imgur.com/BjhdlRg.gifv

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
freeing stuck post

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sQFx_e_0jc

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Time to repost this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AkIfgioA4

Takes a minute to really get going but trust me it's worth it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ehud posted:

I'm crying at work.

bows1 posted:

This is amazing, I couldn't stop giggling the whole 9 minutes.
the group taking it in good humor the whole time really makes it magical. I bet they still tell stories about it to this day lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

This greifing poo poo is funny, but how is it schaden?

we're gaining pleasure from the humorous situation caused by a mark's patience being tested by DanielSL's feigned ignorance/incompetence

or wait, are you doing The Schadenfreude Thread Thing, it's hard to tell

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Cool, link to the griefing thread?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Flipperwaldt posted:

Petition to raise the road by the same amount.

now this would be hilarious

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

oooowee, that's one expensive whoopsy daisy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

The schadenfreude isn't supposed to be on us :smith: :rip:

that's the secret, cap, the schad's always on us

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

lmao "a-hyuck, oh poo poo that's right bullets come out the front part"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I don't get it, they said something during a game of D&D that got them kicked off of star wars or something?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thanks, both of you, but especially for the thread excerpts. At first I was thinking "Well that's a drat impressive accomplishment for their first attempt" and if they knew when to stop maybe that's the impression they could've left, but it looks like they kept spooling out more and more rope to hang themselves with

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please stop making me look at this spider!!!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

not once our petition to raise the road 8" takes off!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

This is amazing

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bell jar posted:

because it's so big if you wore it as a skirt it'd go down to 'bhuta nese

lmao

They were referring to this old weird rear end audio recording of the bhutanese passport wiki article:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALZs5mxPdU

This used to be the official audio for the page until some monster rerecorded it

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

try working in a hospital, making GBS threads yourself is very common.

If your hospital isn't letting you use the bathroom you need to find a new job

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
She should've tried handing them a Pepsi

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

davidspackage posted:

*suckles fingertips* Mmm good schadenfreude

wtf keep my hand out of your mouth

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
it's me

https://i.imgur.com/BjhdlRg.gifv

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Kudos to LifeSunDeath for winning the next few pages of the schadenfreude thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

bradzilla posted:

lmfao ok y'all, property damage means it's cool to retaliate with attempted murder :thumbsup:

The biker is a piece of poo poo definitely. The guy in the car should've followed the biker and called the cops instead of trying to kill them.

But what if the biker ninja flipped onto the car, punched out a window, climbed inside, and choked the driver out? A big enclosed cage on wheels offers exactly zero protection from a determined, angry biker. I've seen Mad Max.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Professor of Cats posted:

Naw, you're supposed to just take it and go "i shouldn't have been so rich in the first place, I guess I deserve this. I hope this person follows me to my home and kills me now"
See, this guy gets it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I think the important question is: is it schadenfreude?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I did a little forensic work on the video and it's pretty obvious who's at fault now:

https://i.imgur.com/00vrqq4.mp4

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Exactly. The biker can hardly be blamed for nudging the SUV out of his way and retrieving his dropped tire iron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Looks painted to me