Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Solice Kirsk posted:

To be fair it only ever got ruined when people wanted to extend the "no images of death" rule to things like a news article with no pictures or a funny Darwin Award tweet. Everyone was pretty good with someone catching a ban if they posted a gif of a motorcycle rider getting creamed by a semi or something.

I'm all for no death/gore, but there was also the issue with a few certain broke-brain backseat mods who reported everything because they felt there was no way the person could have lived and they took it upon themselves to try and sanitize the thread for the consumption of others. At least a couple even got a new avs/redtext that I remember for being complete and utter shitbirds.

The best example was the guy jumping off the pool house and eating it. After 5 pages of idiots crying about it, reporting it, etc., someone posted an update from the guy who was still very much alive with him sitting in the hospital and they were just sure he must have died after the hospital pic because they needed to be right.

Anyhow...

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamRuins/status/1173960212312657920

Hey, guess what, you eat bugs.

https://twitter.com/SharonFGrigsby/status/1174057292729323526

A bunch of grifted anime fans are mad that a serial abuser is getting his comeuppance in court (he's the plantiff in this case), so after the judge shuts down most of his case (12 of 17 allegations), so they start sending the judge death threats. Judge just made it clear he knows, and is not thrilled.

WTF is a MG-13 gang? A gang of German light machine gun enthusiasts?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

If this was a modern 17yo on trial for murder, rape, etc. , there'd be dozens of goons tripping all over themselves trying to whiteknight them with the "up until 17 years and 365 days, 17 year olds have tiny, undeveloped children brains and cannot make a decision. Billy's 17 and on trial for killing his mom and loving her corpse? Let him play Xbox in juvie for a year and when he gets out, he'll become a brain surgeon or astronaut with his new, reformed adult brain"-catlady era argument.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I was really hoping that the bike went onto the road and into the path of a semi at the end.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

captainOrbital posted:

I'm sure he's claimed it to be true

No, he's pitched before and it appears to be one of the few things that he does at least adequately.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Love seeing dumbfucks eat poo poo.

Metis re-reg spotted

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I have a former student who was witnessed making GBS threads on his parents' coffee table by two other students while gaming. He didn't want to miss his bideo james by walking down the hall to the toilet so he poo poo on the coffee table. His mom came home shortly after that and flipped out. The story was told again years later by his younger brother almost word for word. This video doesn't seem to be much of a stretch.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

TontoCorazon posted:

Reminds of the much better case of a reporter quitting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYcSqIuqkz4

I hesitated to click that as I was expecting Christine Chubbuck.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

What are you guys browsing the forums on? I'm on a 2 year old smartphone (aka ancient) and I didn't notice any difference between that gif and any other video/animation on the page. Do they load poorly on computers?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

light_dusting_of_snow_in_georgia.mp4

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

where did the minivan go?

where did that lady come from?

Oz

She was a witch and is dead now.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

What am I missing? Why did she scream?

Dead asleep

Loud noise

Scream

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Inceltown posted:

They were ironically being nice you buffoon.

ironic niceness is still niceness

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

James Woods posted:

The number of people coming to the defense of an underage group bringing outside alcohol in to a bar (which could lead to the firing of several minimum wage slaves) and a male prostitute exposing himself in public is somewhat surprising but then again I guess the forums have changed. Just thought I'd share an anecdote from work.

I enjoyed it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

wake me up when bernie is president

RIP

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Anime was a mistake.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Inceltown posted:

It's not unheard of for Gary Glitter to be someones first.

Posting from the goldmine

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Samuringa posted:

Literally can't see any of it because this page now completely freezes my browser.

Looks like it's time to replace the ol' Commodore 64.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

US 129 brings out people's inner idiot like no other road:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Squalid posted:

luxury handset you have to remember. . . what were some of lungfish's LF alt accounts? I know he had a few but can't remember. .

probably also permabanned ne way

edit: what the -- this isn't the lungfish thread?

The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

It's an old-timey thing where older, non-hardened hammers could shatter if struck hard against a newer hammer made of better quality steel. It hasn't been a real thing for probably decades and certainly didn't contribute to the head flying off in the video above.

I will now patiently await the verbal hammering I am about to receive.

The reason you don't hit two hammers together is because they are hardened.

Try this. Mount the first inch of a 4-5" long piece of 1/2" mild steel bar in a vice. Strike it on the side with a hammer. Now, clamp the first inch of a 1/2-13 (or -20,your choice) tap in a vice. Give it a good whack. Which one bent and which one broke or shattered?

Clue: make sure your wearing safety glasses when hitting the tap

Metallurgy and hardening processes are better today so it's rare for hammers to do that because they're not hardened to the point of being brittle. However, I've at least seen people break chips or larger chunks off hammer heads few times in the past 20 years especially when using a second hammer to get the claws of the first hammer under a nail head.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BOOTY-ADE posted:

poo poo like this happens & people wonder why I'll never convert to these so-called "smart" devices. Sure, that's a great loving idea, let some company control my lights, locks, HVAC, doorbells & who knows what else along with the power to either brick my devices or lock me out.

No loving thanks, the more tech I see like this the more I get why some older people don't want to deal with it, especially if they have a limited understanding.

The voice-activated Kohler kitchen faucet I installed last week had better not start charging me by the ounce.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Aerdan posted:

When you can get dimmable lighting with a standard light switch without smart bulbs, let me know.

I just woke up. Am I in some bizarro world? How do I get back to my reality where rheostats and triacs exist?

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 8, 2020

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My dad worked in a neodymium magnet factory owned by GM up until 2002 and they still had equipment that still ran off C64s.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

MasqueradeOverture posted:

My sister suddenly decided to, out of the blue, describe her period to me in great detail.

I no longer wish to be.

Glad to see SA getting new regs from whatever generation is currently 12.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

nexus6 posted:

For other people living under a rock, what is Quibi and what's the story here?

A lovely streaming service for people with ADHD who can only consume media for a few minutes at a time.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh yeah COVID killed our streaming service lol! Just bad timing rofl! No way people stuck at home with little to do would be interested in electronic media lmao!

Maybe they were expecting people to watch episodes while grunting one out during a break at work/school but now they have too much time.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Walrus posted:

lmao my man fuckin goes for it

:chloe:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

dialhforhero posted:

I knew a girl who butt chugged. Have heard lots of stories of buttchugging loving people completely up.

I walked into my brother's house one night and he and his wife were both buttchugging wine that was being administered by another friend of ours. Not the strangest thing I saw there.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

chitoryu12 posted:

What was the strangest?

Probably another time when I had been outside drinking absinthe and walked back into his house. As I walked in, the guy who had been administering wine enemas the other time was beating on one of the bedroom doors and threatening to beat another guy's rear end, etc. I asked him what was going on and evidently a roommate (a guy we'd known for a few years) had just banged another dude and decided it would be hilarious to throw the used rubber at him which spilled and got cum in his hair and face.

This was during the Jackass/DirtySanchez era and there were always pranks and mildly homoerotic stuff going on, but evidently the roommate didn't see how assault with bodily fluids crossed a line. He was out in a few days.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

At least SilvergunSuperman's mom seems cool in the video.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've intentionally shocked myself off fences like that and it isn't that strong. Worst case he could pull his cramping hand off with his other hand, but the current involved isn't that substantial.

On a related note, I had a 6th grade teacher who had a little electrical generator that had a hand-crank like a pencil sharpener. He had volunteers come up to see how long they could hold onto the leads before it was too painful. Most kids got a little jolt and shrieked and let go. I held onto it until my arm muscles were twitching and he decided that was enough.

I suspect that teacher had issues.

Our 7th-8th grade shop teacher had one. He'd have us all stand in a circle holding hands. He'd crank the generator until someone jumped out, close the circle again, and keep doing it until he was down to one.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Platystemon posted:

Is the watermark your name and do you mind having it associated with your Something Awful account?

Soon to be known around the office as Kurt "Mr Fart" Schirmer.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

What? Napsters final release was 2002, it wasn’t even 20 years ago. And there were plenty of xxX style screennames then too.

Did you read the op's username? The post makes more sense that way.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Oh my gosh! My beloved China would do no such thing. I'm starting a QCS thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Grem posted:

What kind of car was it?

an Oldsmobile Silhouette