Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
The only good thing about Piers Morgan is the one time Jeremy Clarkson punched him in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Solice Kirsk posted:

Don't leave us hanging, did you two wind up dating?!

I got you fam:

It's in Bellhaven I guess.

Actually, judging from the pictures on Google map, that picture is from high tide, you can't see it, but there's a flooded concrete barrier that connects to the bridge.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Imagined posted:

Imagine that if the Yankees had a bad enough season they could find themselves demoted to a Minor League team next year, playing against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs and the Scranton RailRiders. Likewise, if the Sugar Land Skeeters had a good enough year, they could play in the World Series next year and beat the Red Sox. Well, that's how European soccer works, and in fact a team in the UK Premier League, Leicester City, actually did the equivalent of a Minor League team coming up to beat the Yankees and win the World Series at approximately 5,000-to-1 odds a few years ago.

Well, obviously the Manchester Uniteds of the world can't stand even the possibility of literal billions lost were they to ever face relegation to the minor leagues. So all those billion-dollar teams want to form an extra special snowflake major league that they can't ever be demoted from no matter how badly they play, also conveniently excluding the possibility of amazing rags-to-riches stories like Leicester City. The rich must stay rich, and the poor must stay poor, and never the twain shall meet.

Relegated all of them all the way down to the lowest league possible and then point and laugh.

Now Boris is considering implementing the German 50+1 fan owned requirement in the UK, whoops.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

And that, is why you need a LICENSE* to use large trailers or heavy loads on them, cause poo poo like that happens.

*Danish regulations, your default drivers license permits trailers with a total weight of 750 kg, anything beyond and you need a supplementary license.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Thomamelas posted:

The 11'8" bridge managed a perfect peel on a box truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUL2SQ77uQ

The best thing? If you have a look on Google Maps, there's like a dozen other crossings around this one, several of them level crossings, it's entirely their own fault, which makes it completely acceptable schadenfreude.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

wilderthanmild posted:

Why would you be holding a shotgun against your crotch like that in the fist place?

The same idiots who drink and handle firearms.

Seriously, that's just loving stupid.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

And that's why you normally wear poo poo like "knee pads" and "helmets" when you do impressive bike poo poo like that.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Azhais posted:

They could have goons with guns storming the basketball courts, they're not going to stop people playing their phone games. They tried to do this before and even people on Weibo pretty much laughed at them

Yeah, but they'll lose Social Score and not be able get into a good University or get a home or get to leave the countryside or not having to move to Outer Mongolia.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Directly? Not at all, how dare you suggest such a thing!!!

Indirectly? Well one of his biggest donors just happens to be a hedge fund whose CEO owns a huge number of shares in the company that makes Regeneron ......
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-4d0d18b24e0dd41de2424e19b3ed994f

I smell a directorship or a really lucrative "consultancy" in the future!

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

YES! MORE! MORE! AHAHAHA! :getin:

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

disaster pastor posted:

I bet he's on HR's permanent poo poo list, yeah. Anyone who's willing to say "employees not getting paid on time isn't a big deal" doesn't realize that's the one thing left in America that's still fairly easy for a company to get hosed by. Anyone who doesn't realize that probably can't be trusted with a management job.

It happened to me twice in a row, too, in my second real job. The first time, there was a check waiting for me first thing Monday morning and I was given time to go deposit it and assurances that the issue had been resolved. The second time, HR discovered it before they handed out the checks, so the HR director came and got me, explained that it had happened again, took me to the CEO's office with her, and the CEO personally apologized, explained what had happened, why they thought it was fixed last time and how they had fixed it for real this time and verified it, and I had a check with a bonus before I left his office. And I was just a minimum-wage grunt.

It's a big loving deal.

And it's a bigger deal in Denmark, because you, as an employee, can easily request bankruptcy proceedings against the company, basically, wages are consider the same category as every other debt a company has, so if you don't get paid and having send an official demand of payment within 3-5 days, if they still don't, obviously your contact is voided.

Well, then you should immediately contact the relevant part of the local court and they will open the proceedings, when that happens, "Lønmodtagernes Garantifond" a special entity that all private employees must pay to by law, will cover your wages.

And that's it, as for schadenfreude, I had a friend ages ago, who's dad worked for the Airport in Nuuk, Greenland and they, for whatever mad reason, refused his pay, so he had the airport of the capital of Greenland declared bankrupt, on a Friday, just before a vacation, it was very expensive to fix.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Mauser posted:

I had to check them out on Glassdoor and woof that's some bad reviews. Also, I'm planning to go rollerblading around that airport today

Apparently they got their hands on the baggage handling contract at Copenhagen Airport, judging from the reviews, they are just as incompetent there.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Robobot posted:

This sucks because as a US citizen I can’t accept foreign titles. I’d have to become a citizen of Scotland to use the title and if I’m doing that I may as well just move to Scotland and be Scottish.

You know….what’s the website again?

Well, the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Court of Heraldry has a message for you then: "gently caress off."

Turns out the titles in questions, Lairds, can't actually be sliced into tiny chunks, you need to buy the whole property attached to the drat title, not just a square-meter.

Even then, they don't confer anything anymore, the last few feudal dues attached to them where abolished decades ago, sorry, a decade ago.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

gschmidl posted:

Specifically, another default ruling.

The sweetest of sweet, unfortunately, his mindless minion will now buy more mangosteen or watches or whatever nonsense he's shilling this week, to keep him going.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

When I was a kid I had a black lab and through a series of inadvertent reinforcing behaviors I taught him to walk himself. It started with teaching him to grab his leash when we were getting ready for a walk. Of course, this led to him suggesting walks by bringing the leash to us all the goddamn time. Once the leash was clicked on I'd occasionally get distracted because I was a lazy piece of poo poo teen so he learned to pick my end up with his mouth and hand it to me. Then he'd get excited and rush the door.

The usual maintenance walk was down a long street which led to a park with no streets to cross.
So one day he got past me, leash clipped and human end in mouth and I just followed him to the park and back. After a few weeks of that he stopped needing me to go with him. He'd go to the park, check out the gossip hydrants, and come home, always dutifully holding his own leash.

He got local famous for this and neighbors would greet him and give him treats in passing. A local auto dealer used him in a few commercials and at one point, some people legit drove in from out of town to watch our dumb auto-walking dog.

I'm glad nobody freaked out about him. It was a good system.

Yep, that's a Labrador, we had a male one when I was a kid, that dumb fucker would stand inside his fairly large enclosure, with a fence that could be described very generously as "poo poo", and whine while the neighbor's dog was in heat, for hours.

Then I'd walk around the house, go "wanna go for a walk" and he'd immediately jump over the fence and go for a walk, he wouldn't even look in the direction of the other dog, walkies were more important in his tiny little brain.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

By popular demand posted:

If you actively point a gun at someone and only get peppersprayed that's one of the very best case scenarios.

Well, I don't want to say, but I'm going to, he's a white guy and his nation is broken.

The Schadenfreude is on them.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Beartaco posted:

Guaranteed summer employment, you get to spend it outdoors. What's not to love?

It's the former Soviets, I imagine brutal beatings and horrible abuse is not to love.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

That Italian Guy posted:

Novak Djokovic Is Refused Entry Into Australia Over Vaccine Exemption

After a 12-hour airport standoff over the validity of his visa and questions about his vaccine medical exemption for the Australian Open, the No. 1 men’s tennis player was told to leave the country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/sports/tennis/novak-djokovic-australia-visa.html

:sickos:

Should have shipped him off to that Nauru or whatever forsaken island the Aussie's keep immigrants.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

canyoneer posted:

It's really the worst of all worlds. Let's take the least efficient method of urban ground transport (cars) and build a single use roadway for them in the most expensive way possible (tunnels).

Here's hoping after Musk pours in gazillions of dollars and the project dies that the city can use the dug tunnels as a starting point for a decent subway system.

...Yeah, except it isn't really Musk's money, none of it is really, it's investors using it as a magnificent pump-and-dump scheme and getting away with it due to comedy US regulatory strength.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Moore was known for “playfully” going too far with his decades-younger costars during sex scenes so in View to a Kill Grace Jones kept a giant dildo under the covers to scare the poo poo out of him.

Now I just want a video of Grace Jones chasing Moore around the set while he's screaming.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

freelop posted:

Surely all the Pope needs to do is say he's consulted with God and decided that in these specific instances the intent was not malicious and therefore everything stands as it should in order for this to all go away

Under the Doctrine of Papal Infallibility, yes, that's pretty much what could happen. Probably some Arch-Bishop or Cardinal or Cardinal-Secretary of State or the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith will just hand-wave the magic bureaucracy needed to get everything fixed.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
Mormon Missionaries came by me last year, they got lucky and got a nice Nordic country to spread the word of Moron, sorry, Moroni, I talked to them out of politeness and they gave me a copy of the Book of Mormon.

Unfortunately for them, the Danish translation of the Book, is the original one, done by converts in 1851, they gave me a religious text, already tricky to get anything useful out of, written on Danish a hundred and fifty years and more out of date, a total waste of everyone's time.

It's Hardcore so I kept it, looks good next to Saxo Grammaticus's Chronicles of Denmark.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Beartaco posted:

Where on earth are they getting the data for this? This twitter bot existing would mean that employee pay information for all of these organisations is not only publicly available, but stored uniformly in a format such that it can be easily plugged into a program that calculates the percentage.

A fair amount of countries have tax records, there's a database somewhere with every single wage earned by everyone, just sort by gender and BOOM, you've got the answer.

In the UK and most of Europe, that database is available for research.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

PurpleXVI posted:

Denmark here and, yeah, on a sunday you're either going to the hardware store or picking up some groceries, that's it.

Except, that that's not correct, the law is that you can be open all days, except national holidays, which is Easter, New Years Day, Ascension Day, Pentecost, Christmas and a handful of others.

Some stores are closed, because Sunday's aren't profitable enough.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

That kid's going places, good places, gender reveals are consumerist bullshit invented by marketing lunatics that hate us and everything we haven't bought yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

D34THROW posted:

Cute but :barf: the amount of germs on a banknote

That's actually a plastic banknote, significantly fewer germs compared to the old cotton ones.

Also, it builds character.