Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

VanSandman posted:

It's corn based if it's what I use. Totally flushable but yes, light.

wait corn based is flushable? and it doesn't clog pipes? I use walnut based which works really well but I have to use a plastic bag every day to get rid of the litter and i'd love something that's more eco-friendly (if you have eco-friendly cat litter bag recommendations I'll gladly take them!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

so which FC is he going to play for because i'm going to root for that one

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Luxor is used at my apartments & I prefer that to the old method of "drop boxes outside my door & book it back to the van" that UPS liked to do. My only gripe is that they have 2 larger lockers (something like 6' x 4' roughly) that are shared which seems like a really bad idea, I only found out when I had a new office chair delivered & they had it plus 4 other boxes in the same locker stacked on top of mine. Otherwise I'd have to drive halfway across town to a UPS/FedEx hub or Amazon Locker versus walking 20 feet to get my stuff.

We have that in our apartment too and they decided to convert an old storage closet in an unsecured garage into the new package room and I'm absolutely gobsmaked it hasn't gotten cleaned out by thieves yet

But the last time I got a package the person put their thumb over the camera that was supposed to take a pic of it so

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm KOofEY and y'all better know me

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

SpacePig posted:

The guy logged out of the call on his phone and didn't appear again until he had already confronted the cops and was on the woman's phone. I'm not sure what the defense attorney could've done differently there. Unless you're talking about the initial questioning of where he was streaming from, in which case I can't imagine pleading the fifth on a question of active bond violation would come off super well.

There wasn't poo poo that the defense attorney could do and I presume he was caught off guard by what a moron his client was as well

also nice out by the judge for saying "Yeah you probably had no idea this was happening so you're off the hook"

Also if you're going to violate your bond by cohabitating in the same house as your victim in violation of your release details why would you sit right next to them where it's obvious someone is nearby

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

gschmidl posted:

Looks like today (and any other day) is a good day for Idiots In Court

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN80i_38zQI&t=55s

Yeeeeowza

I didn't catch what the attorney said but I'm fairly certainly that should lead to some sort of disciplinary action by the state bar

EDIT: reading the comments, apparently she was disciplined before as a county prosecutor for withholding evidence, which, big yikes

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 9, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Imagined posted:

I don't mind a link to a single twitter post but dozen+ tweet twitter "threads" can gently caress right off. Literally the worst possible way to tell a long story on the internet.

The Seth Abramson model and in this thread I'm going to explain why it works 1/527

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lemon posted:

My great x5 Grandfather was a blacksmith who was arrested in 1798 for making pikes. He was flogged "to the bone" and left to die in Carnew castle, but some friends paid for him to be let out for an hour to see his wife. When they got him out of the castle he was told not to go home as he was due to be shot, so instead he went to Enniscorthy and joined up with the insurgent army.

I wonder what he would have made of an English grandson shitposting on a dead forum.

poo poo did he fight with Henry Munro?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

TyrsHTML posted:

My great great grandfather just appears from New York, refused to answer any questions about his life before he settled down in iowa, and disowned the couple of children that tried to dig up any information. So we just assume he was on the run from some crime.

I have a similar story

my great-great grandfather "James" just up and left his wife and one son one day (there might have been a child's death, i don't particularly remember) and moved on and never connected with them again. His son "Jimmy" grows up, has my grandfather "Paul" and Paul has three kids: "Ethan", "Benjamin" and "Lucas" (my dad).

So one day a family moves in down the street from my dad's family in this little podunk town in the middle of nowhere. Their kids's names are Ethan, Benjamin and Billy. Their last name is the same as my family's. So the families get to talking about history, and apparently, one day, a dude named James [LASTNAME] just showed up in the big city. No backstory, wouldn't tell anyone about his history before showing up. Just showed up, had a family, died.

Somewhere out there I have an entire cousin line and I have no idea who they are, which sucks because I have two known cousins and they suck

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Gonna smoke a bud('s dick because he's my bud bro)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Kennel posted:

Wasn't there some old 100k probe that expired, or am I imagining things?

Yeah the first 100k probes should have ended around 2017-2018 iirc

EDIT: First 100k probe was May 8, 2005, so the first real probe for that (not mod removed) would have been 2016

i am a fountain of useless knowledge

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 16, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I love how it pats its head at the end :3: just like "you dummy!"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lodin posted:

Today the schaden is on me. I just got one of those notifications on Steam telling me that my niece is playing Lust from Beyond. It's a pretty bog standard first person walking sim with a bit of puzzle solving and combat now and again but the real draw is that it's utterly horrible and not afraid of showing terrible things happening to your character. I already got a 24 hour probe for mentioning what happens in another thread so I won't go too deeply into it. There is plenty of nudity and sex.

The thing is, I bounced my niece on my knee when she was a baby. I introduced her to Transformers Animated when she was older and she forced me to watch and then enjoy My Little Pony.

Now she's playing Lovecraftian bullshit that does not shy away from showing some of the most vile poo poo I have ever seen in a game and it's all my fault. I just looked at the list of games she's played over the years and there's zero chance a bunch of the more obscure stuff like Dungeons of Dredmor and Hinterland didn't show up because she saw me play it and I've also gifted her a bunch of other weird little games over the years.

Now she's 22 and a grown rear end woman, but because I'm an idiot that doesn't change the fact that I'm not sure if she should be playing games like this. Also, the game is a sequel that she hasn't played and I really feel like I should tell her about it.

Kids growing up can be awkward.

when i was reading this i was expecting her to be like, 12, 13

yeah sure she shouldn't play that game but she's not your kid

then you said the age and the entire post went to hell

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Jeffrey held that fundraiser 'competition' where the person who donated the most got to push the button. Then, to hear him tell it, was constantly busy and had to keep putting it off, what with jumping through hoops to get Astral officially hired and therefore being actually paid to do code work for the site.

Which is all well and good, but this still should've happened a lot drat sooner.

"MY SCHAD WAS DELAYED BY A FEW MONTHS :qq:"

i am going to give you a wedgie so god drat hard the sun winces you nerd

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Mods probated time for anarchy

No mods no masters

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

2019 smoke COVID vaccine everyday :2bong:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Muscle Wizard posted:

if someone does an entirely harmless and funny prank on an unsuspecting person, they should be beaten and i would like to see it. i am a well adjusted individual.

what is America if not a society of people lusting for bloodsport like we are all spectators at the Colosseum?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's not on the same level but in terms of overreaction I'm reminded of that goon who was walking around somewhere at night, some guy came up to him and said "hey" and then the goon stabbed him. And then posted a thread about it. And then tried to blank the OP when people were like "uh what the gently caress, did you just possibly murder someone and then post about it?" No idea what happened after that.

Oh my god I remember this thread but I can't remember who it was that posted it

I want to say their name started with a G. Gravel? Gra...something?

EDIT: Oh my God I have a head full of useless knowledge. It was Graves: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1501

EDIT 2: Here's the thread (need archives): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1619687

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 6, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

It's only in recent years that goons no longer think random acts of cruelty towards animals is cool and something to share

God help you if you were a possum in a goons yard circa 2004

Common Bushtail Possums you say?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

These last three pages have been the :stonk: but increasing in size until it's the rough shape of Sgr A*

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I'm a former bowler and the amount of absolute perfect conditions it would take to put it directly right there is insane

You need the exact amount of spin on the ball, along with the right amount of oil on the lane and a basically bone dry end of the alley

That's an absolutely impressive feat

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I mean how are you going to regulate sign stealing with eyes? "Oh I was watching the pitcher not the catcher!"

Also sign stealing with eyes is good and cool, sign stealing with technology is dumb as poo poo and offenders should be executed

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

Fun fact, those GIFs were part of a thread that started in our football subforum and ended up being used in a New York art gallery exhibition about digital media as art in the modern age or some poo poo.

Also yeah the ubiquity is the other point I was trying to make: at a conservative estimate of at least 50 leagues around the world playing a wholly televised or at least recorded schedule every weekend, and assuming around 20 teams a league, that's around 500 matches of live professional football every weekend, ripe to be turned into memes. There's just an incomparably huge amount of football being played compared to literally any other sport on the planet, so of course you'll have more visible incidents of shithousery.

poo poo i remember that

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

The NFL needs a penalty box. Let them go down a position for a couple downs.

Center hikes to the shifting WR would be a hell of a new way to play

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

still one of the greatest twitter interactions ever

Platystemon posted:

It’s a British tradition to have had success in writing decades ago and blow one’s reputation circa 2020 by melting down over other the existence of transgender people.

It was quite a journey to see JK Rowling shift between "Oh my god these illustrations for my new book are wonderful thank you child!" to "TRANSGENDER PEOPLE ARE MENTALLY ILL" tweets, often in the same day, last summer

if I was on her PR team I would have absolutely quit because she seemed to have random assed meltdowns that came out of nowhere, and then she'd stop tweeting for a few days and go back to saccharine tweets again until the cycle continued

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 20, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Next he's gonna ask what LIGMA corp creates

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I know she's the victim of domestic abuse so maybe that's something to consider. I don't know what she said that made her unpopular with some trans people but given the level of vitriol I have seen on twitter I wouldn't put it past her if she suffered a nervous breakdown.

jesus god drat christ what is in the goon waters recently? it's like every single day some goon either makes a stupid rear end opinion or has a complete meltdown and i don't know what's causing it

we need to shut down all posting on SA once and for all until we figure out what the hell is going on

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Keru posted:

You'd think Americans'd be all for a good revolution.

They're for revolution if they get someone else to fight it

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 26, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Or ya know have other people do it.

I’ll make the wiki, etc

Never post on an escalator!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

The real tragedy is that we now miss out on whatever bullshit tiktok points prank they were trying to set up with that fire extinguisher.

Not gonna lie I expected whoever was holding it to smash the bike dude in the face with it when he got to the bottom of the stairs because that's how this poo poo usually goes

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

aphid_licker posted:

Nailing someone in the face with a 100mph fuckin baseball should be an instant suspension for the player and point for the other team. Like okay it might be unintentional but it shouldn't ever fuckin happen. That is potentially life-altering.

The issue is you can't necessarily know whether it's purposeful or not. Sometimes the grip on the ball is so bad or the pitcher releases it at the wrong time and whoop there goes the ball into someone's face

I mean if you're plunking a guy in retaliation for them plunking your guy it's fairly obvious but I don't think I've ever seen it where they've gone for the face. Over the head or to the ribs yes but not intentionally to the face

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

DurosKlav posted:

There is a 0% chance it was intentional. You dont drill the first 2 batters in an inning when its a tied game in the 6th. The Cardinals ended up losing the game 5-3, the 4th and 5th run by the Phillies were the 2 guys who got hit. It was just a pitcher having poo poo control.

You can also tell by the pitchers reaction. It seemed he was pissed it happened twice in a row

Intentional plunkers don't get mad at that, they just act like nothing is wrong

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

send the ref to the penalty box

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Kennel posted:

(Chicago got the first draft because they were very lucky and won the lottery (8% chance). Edmonton would have been on their lottery spot if they had one point less, but obviously the lottery circumstances wouldn't have been identical, so Edmonton getting Kane would have been unlikely in any case)

Jesus Christ, we're back at the probabilities.

All life is probabilities :haibrower:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

this and that disease they give you and just why doesnt anyone keep cats

especially why do people let them onto their counter tops where they do meal prep and cook... *shudder at the thought as i come down with a temporary case of the hibbie gibbies*

I have two cats and I sure as poo poo never "let" them on the counters, they figured it out themselves and that was that

Once they find a way it's drat near impossible to stop them so you just have to mitigate the damage. One of my cats realized the pantry is full of delectable delights like bread and now I have to use an infant lock to keep him out

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Sirotan posted:

I stan Judge Middleton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH3Y_4wc0Ng

:nws: audio in this clip

Oh my god I love this dude

How does he get the weirdest rear end cases?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

Tbf they're expensive, hard to install, and less hygienic. Plus you gotta replace em constantly.

-

Buddy got into baths for some reason. Wife got him a gold bar bath bar:

That is one spoiler worth clicking

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

When I was sick last week i took a bath with a peppermint bath bomb and some epsom salts, put on some piano music and lemme tell you i felt amazing

helped my aching body

that's my story thanks

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Thomamelas posted:

The 11'8" bridge managed a perfect peel on a box truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUL2SQ77uQ

This is some ASMR poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Probably :nws: but still a goodie

https://www.theonion.com/why-do-all-these-homosexuals-keep-sucking-my-cock-1819583529