Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've never understood bitching about derails. Conversations go where they go. A lot of really interesting and entertaining threads have been derails that caught on.

Individuals constantly trying to intentionally derail? Derails that break other rules (Racism etc)? Sure, that's what probes and bans are for.

Discussion boards with no discussion? Dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Maybe my twisted leftist brain is conjuring thiś up out of nothing but isnt vaping associated with libertarian bros?

I mean it is, but it truly knows no boundaries and affects douchebags of all political stripes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

Whoop whooping cough

my ninja

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

If this was a modern 17yo on trial for murder, rape, etc. , there'd be dozens of goons tripping all over themselves trying to whiteknight them with the "up until 17 years and 365 days, 17 year olds have tiny, undeveloped children brains and cannot make a decision. Billy's 17 and on trial for killing his mom and loving her corpse? Let him play Xbox in juvie for a year and when he gets out, he'll become a brain surgeon or astronaut with his new, reformed adult brain"-catlady era argument.

Came for the Nazi defense, stayed for the preamble to every libertarian age of consent argument

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is some Light World / Dark World poo poo from a video game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Camels don't know what hot dog is

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

i came from fark

just one look at that squirrel and i explode!

ebaum spotted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Regalingualius posted:

He took the Testicular Fortitude feat at level 1.

Balls are my dump stat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
First duty: escape. Change lanes, speed up, slow down, get away.

One chance. If the fucker keeps coming then some creative defensive driving may be in order.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Do they even make lead pipes anymore?

about as much as anyone who isn't a professional mechanic or classic car nut owns a "tire iron"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

XIII posted:

also, pretty big lol at the thought of someone being able to outrun/maneuver a motorcycle in a Nissan Rogue.

I mean it is certainly true that we have zero context for the clip

If they are chasing you specifically and you know it that means something very different than if you are hit by a rando who just might leave you alone after one whack

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tree Bucket posted:

...has Elon's face always looked like that?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tagra posted:

This really should be in the first post.

There's a first post?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

He's going to be a fox news contributor inside a year

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Push El Burrito posted:

I impersonate a cop all the time in the bedroom and some day I'm gonna get someone to join me.

it's Night Stick not Knight's Dick hth

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
At least in the US it hasn't been called an "ebrake" or "emergency brake" for decades.

The Parking Brake isn't typically strong enough to do much in a real emergency. They were called emergency brakes when the primary breaking system was more prone to failure but modern brakes have built-in redundancies already.

I mean I might still use it in an emergency I suppose. Biggest use I've seen for them while driving is slowing yourself down for a speed trap without your brake lights coming on

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gamergate2

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Push El Burrito posted:

I use the same foot for everything.

In a stick shift?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Probably because people are afraid of getting fired if they don't tackle someone stealing some needle nose pliers.

Nah, you'd get fired if you did do that and that is explicit in all retail training. You let them go.

You care because its the only exciting thing that happened all day, or because you are too young to be jaded yet.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
No, it's explicitly a firing offense to go after a shoplifter and certainly to tackle them. They don't need to review the tapes for that.
This is actually a rare Good Thing in retail. The training is like "there is nothing in the store worth your life, let it go"

Looking for a reason to fire you for other types of on-the-job injury certainly does happen, though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chunderbucket posted:

When Zellers wasn't trying to kill teenagers with power equipment, code 99 meant 'rush to the front and get 50,000 HBC points if you can tackle the thief'

Surprising that Canada was more militant than the US, maybe because it was less likely the shoplifter was packing heat

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Fifteen years ago I worked at a farm and home store. The Loss Prevention manager gave out $500 checks to anyone that caught (and detained) a shoplifter, and $1000 if they caught an employee stealing. A younger and dumber me loved it.

I'm sure if anyone had bothered to sue, we all would have been in massive trouble.

Farm store? Is this some Good Old Boys poo poo?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

luxury handset posted:

think of a big box store like a wal mart with a full on hardware store inside of it, and they also carry specialized things like horse tack and barbed wire

I get that. I can see how my post could be misinterpreted. I wasn't questioning the existence of farm stores.

I was questioning the "physically assault suspected shoplifters" policy. I've never heard of a modern business with such a policy, but a local wannabe sheriff loss prevention cowboy might encourage such things.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Skiing is free. Downhill skiing at a resort is both dumb and expensive.

Two lies and a truth? Is that what we're doing now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xun posted:

Some people live in very cold places where you might have to ski just to get to work

I mean sure, but I have to drive to work, that doesn't make it free.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

corgski posted:

I got my skis and boots for under $50 at a thrift store. Schad is on people who think you can only buy things brand new from REI.

Why doesn't everyone just go get an amazing deal on exactly what they wanted at the closest thrift store? loving units

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GolfHole posted:

i think the funniest part about all of this is that joker was absolute trash of a movie
a real turd

Chud spotted

Oh I'm sorry is this the posting thoughts as if they were facts thread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Don't Doxx my Dick

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

Getting aroused by the clap is a legit thing to be shamed for.

Post/Username embarrassment

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

conversely, your mom has excellent public rideship. :D sorry I had to. yes I'm mentally 12y/o.

morel like pubic ridership :hf:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

A loving professional through and through, never let 'em see ya sweat. Much respect. I hope she earned more than enough to cover the medical expenses.

I'm sure she has a great medical plan and 401k from her employer..... wait...I'm being told she is a "privates contractor"

:911: Entrepreneurial Spirit

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeah that's why I'm hoping she made bank from that. People better have tipped well that night.

I can't imagine a stripper making tips equal to $BrokenJaw but I am no expert on either

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

If Bloomberg had gone full Ross Perot it’d be great but apparently that’s not happening. :negative:

You want him to.... Run as a third party candidate guaranteeing Trump's reelection?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

not sure who's actually in the right / wrong here, but mr. Blue shirt seems to think he is still on the internet

If you are a slim-fit broseph pls do not antagonise the stocky, low-center-of-gravity Rugger Buggers.

It sort of looks like he knocked the hat off a nazi but yeah he should have expected precisely that response

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Humphreys posted:

That wave pool shore looks swell

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yeowch, a faceplanter

I like these posts

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Book piracy is horseshit UNTIL we have a UBI

We need more voices than those of the idol rich reaching people and writing is about the only form of expression accessible to the poor

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

beanieson posted:

Text books too

Definitely this

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

food court bailiff posted:

I'm kind of astounded that there are people who think cruises are some upper-crust 1%er thing and not big cheap motels made out of a boat and populated almost entirely by lower middle class retirees.

not 1%ers but not lower-middle either, for the most part

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

What percentile gets the guillotine then

I mean if you want to guillotine all idiots that are bad for humanity/the earth then sure go for the easy 1%ers since those are guaranteed monsters
but the rest are pretty evenly distributed. There are a lot of shitheads in every band.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mllaneza posted:

Good news, he's running for state senate in Louisiana.

https://chambersforchange.com/

I'm in for $50.

This is from many pages ago but I'm just catching up on this thread and I need to post that HE'S GOT MERCH NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mds2 posted:

How about the guy with the huge hand turkey everyone made in 1st grade?

I mean it's still not incredibly clear but the answer is literally three posts above yours