Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Platystemon posted:

It’s a camera on a pole that captures imagery all directions. The pole blocks a negligible portion of its view and can be obscured in software.

Also I'm not convinced either of the cars he interacts with are real, but maybe its the 360 stitching stuff that makes them look like a rendering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

maybe its because i'm poor, but i'm not sure why you would have swans instead of chickens

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

There’s a truck driver who posts videos he records from inside his cab while working. In one, he’d been driving too long and was dead tired. He was nodding off in his seat. He called dispatch to let them know he absolutely could not continue driving. They guilted and cajoled and threatened-without-threatening him, but he told them repeatedly he was not safe to drive, and he was going to take a nap.

His dispatcher capitulated, and he went to sleep. Less than an hour later, a cop was banging on his door because his dispatcher had called the cops to say they couldn’t get ahold of the driver and were concerned about him. Knowing exactly where he was, they called the law to go roust him on the pretense of being concerned for him. Even for trucking, that was a scumbag loving move.

unless you're on a teamster contract you're probably an independent contractor on paper if you drive a truck, and if you get popped driving too many hours or faking your logbook its a $10k fine and potential loss of CDL for you, and a $1k fine for the dispatch who told you to

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Chomp8645 posted:

This is America so it's most likely negative motivation, not positive. They probably get penalized if their driver doesn't keep schedule, even if the schedule is insane.

yea, its all about deadlines. when you try to be as efficient as possible with your routing, an unexpected 30min traffic jam can mean a driver has to delay delivery for 8-10hrs by the book

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Burt Sexual posted:

I live by a lake. Ironically my daughter was down at our dock today and saw this “huge fat snake” on our pontoon. I’m like :shrug: what’d you do? She walked away she said. Mrs sexual was like DO SOMEthing!!! I’m like what, it’s their lake too in a loving state park. She said she’s getting moth balls or,some,other snake repellent on the boat. She actually has a real phobia over frogs, childhood brothers, and they’re everywhere in our yard, driveway, garage, etc. I said snakes eat frogs! Lol

I live in the woods, last week a delivery driver called from my driveway and said he wasn't getting out of the van because there was a huge snake. I said its cool if you just back out and leave the package at the end, I'll come get it. I look and he didn't move the van for a couple minutes so I went to see whats up and it was just a 3ft rat snake coiled up at the side of the driveway, he was still freaking out. So I calmed him down, explained its not poisonous, pretty normal to see a rat snake out here, no big deal, good instincts, no reason to risk getting bit to deliver my dumb package, etc. Eventually it dawned on him that I wasn't planning to kill the snake, he spent another couple minutes trying to convince me I had to, offering to run it over, I think it hurt his feelings lol

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

I'm not sure how the attorney for the victim's family gets a hold of the murderers' friend's video though. Seems like they must have posted it to social media at some point, or there must be more than 1 video

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

No one was filming unfortunately, but where I used to work they bought a forklift/stockpicker thing designed for narrow aisles. It was a mindfuck to operate because steering was a wheel-like contraption but you stand 90deg off compared to the direction its facing, the steering turns the rear wheels (which are to your left), and you engage the brakes by lifting your foot off a pedal. Until you've built up a muscle memory for it, it's goddamned impossible to steer it the correct direction on the first try or be ready to stand on one foot or jump out of the cockpit to stop the thing.

Within 20 minutes of it being charged up the know-it-all shop mechanic guy jumped right in and put the forks through a cinder block wall in the center of the shop.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Tyson Tomko posted:

Did they go clean through like the truck gif or was it more Kool Aid man wall style?

They went straight through and it stopped before the body hit the wall because he jumped out to save himself. He wasn't going fast at all, he angled it the wrong way, swung around trying to fix it, then didn't really know how to stop it coasting into the wall.

tbf the owner really should have gotten us some training...

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

IANAL but I assume something that gives her employer pause is potential liability. She's likely to sue someone or everyone if she loses her job, right? Is an American court even capable of recognizing that calling the cops to mediate a dispute is a threat on someone's life? How do you show that everyone thinks the NYPD is deadly racist in the same court that routinely accepts their testimony as gospel? If she gets fired I'm afraid the dude who shot that video is going to need a good lawyer.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

chitoryu12 posted:

Regardless of whether "The NYPD kills people all the time for no reason" is admissible in court, it's an absolute fact that she made a false police report and committed animal abuse on video. The only question would be whether New York has anything that legally protects you from being fired for committing crimes or odious conduct outside of work. In Florida, for instance, you can be fired at any time for no reason at all as long as it's not a discriminatory one.

The cops showed up and didn't cite her for any of those things, did they?

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think an arrest or conviction is necessary for saying that someone obviously did a thing on video and that's why you're firing them.

I have no doubt her employer can say calling the police when you aren't in real danger is behavior they don't want in an employee, but I think it's going to be a very carefully worded announcement that doesn't say anything about racism.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

well, i am quite happy to have been incorrect

https://twitter.com/FTI_US/status/1265348185201008641

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

#solidaritea

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

the thing about ratm is they came before a decade of lovely, generically similar music, nu-metal raprock whatever, that's just as easy to bang your head to but has largely non-political lyrics. but all these right-wingers latch onto ratm, not p.o.d. its like they actually do listen to the lyrics and know they mean something and they intend to co-opt it.

:thunk:

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I’ll take being called a dumbass if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure oven hoods are supposed to be simply ducted into the attic. I dunno.

yea i don't live somewhere with very strict building code but when i had my roof done one of the guys doing a quote asked if i had a commercial gas range when he saw the vent over the kitchen

you probably want to connect it if you already have a vent in the roof for it though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

https://twitter.com/_Jahan/status/1301655664813576192