Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
capital punishment is morally wrong

just come up behind him with an air horn or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
That's why you always use a Dasher-cam

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Shibawanko posted:

I hope this man dies.

Why? He's practicing trickle down economics in person, this man is a hero

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
https://i.imgur.com/sILJ0rM.gifv

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Cut off too soon to see them hit the ladder a second time

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I had an indian coworker who got stung for about $3500 bucks after a scammer called them up and said the police were outside and would arrest them if they didn't pay owed back taxes. She didn't even realize it was a scam as she was telling us this story a week later about how "she narrowly avoided being arrested".

Like, do you think Revenue Canada has the police commissioner on the other line, and if you don't pay they're gonna switch over and tell the cops to SWARM, SWARM! "Steady, men! Just waiting on word from Bev in accounting if we can prosecute."

Do you even tell them at that point?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Spiteski posted:

Ahhhhhhh that hot oil/fat on both feet is going to be loving terrible

That audio sounds like the beginning of Black Betty

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
From the fact that they're both speaking different languages to each other and understanding fine, and the drunk-swamp-english sound of the language, and entitlement of the biker, I'm going to say that it's Dutch, and a perfectly normal road for cars (and bikes)

could also be Danish

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Darryl Lict posted:

I guess because I'm old and drive lovely cars, I've pulled the emergency brake in nearly every car I've owned, most recently in my Ford F250 when I overheated my brakes going down a very steep hill. Fortunately, it's got separate drums on the axles for the emergency brake.
4-LO, moran

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Like clockwork, the bike crew comes out to say that they can do no wrong

Imagine for a moment, that two cars, going basically the speed limit are driving abreast, in the only two lanes, for miles

Are they breaking the law?

No, of course not.

Do they deserve to have some rear end in a top hat try to murder them?

Of course not, no one would claim that.

Are they being dickheads?

Oh yeah, they totally are.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Tarantula posted:

Goons continue to be weirdly bloodthirsty when it comes to motorbikes, just imagine the bikes as cars and the traffic is no different.

I ride a motorcycle

Doesn't stop those riders from being assholes

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

mind the walrus posted:

They're raising it iirc, finally

If anyone starts some bullshit about "why don't they make the road lower"-- there's pipes underneath the road making it very costly.

You should start a petition to raise the road 8 inches

Wouldn't that be funny

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

youre posted:

Peterson's kinda hot daughter just released an extremely strange press release style blog video about how bad Jordie is doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTwEFa5NW2k

quote:

Hi everyone, it’s been months since we’ve given an update on Jordan and my family’s health and it’s time for one so here goes.

The last year has been extremely difficult for our family. Dad was put on a low dose of a benzodiazepine a few years ago for anxiety following
an extremely severe autoimmune reaction to food. He took the medication as prescribed. Last April when my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer, the dose of the medication was increased. It became apparent that he was suffering from both a physical dependency and a paradoxical reaction to the medication. A paradoxical reaction means the drugs do the opposite of what they’re supposed to. These reactions are rare but are not unheard of.

For the last 8 months he’s been in unbearable discomfort from this drug, made worse when trying to remove it, because of the addition of withdrawal symptoms, stemming from physical dependence. He experienced terrible akathisia, which is a condition where the person feels an incredible, endless, irresistible restlessness, bordering on
panic, and an inability to sit still. The reaction made him suicidal.
After several failed treatment attempts in North American hospitals, including attempts at tapering and micro-tapering, we had to seek an emergency medical benzodiazepine detox, which we were only able to find in Russia. It was incredibly gruelling, and was further complicated by severe pneumonia which we’ve been told he developed in one of the previous hospitals. He’s had to spend 4 weeks in the ICU in terrible shape, but, with
the help of some extremely competent and courageous doctors, he survived. The decision to bring him to Russia was made in extreme desperation, when we couldn’t find any better option. The uncertainty around his recovery has been one of the most difficult and scary experiences we’ve ever had.

So: Finally Dad is on the mend, even though there’s a lot of physiological damage that he needs to recover from. He’s improving, and is off the horrible medication. His sense of humour is back. He’s smiling again for the first time in months, but he still has a long way to go to recover fully.
It appears that we are going to get through this by the skin of our teeth.

So let me make a couple of things clear:

1. Neither our family nor the doctors here believe that this is a case of
psychological addiction.
2. Benzodiazepine physical dependence due to brain changes can occur in a matter of weeks. It can be made even worse by paradoxical reactions that are difficult to diagnose, and can be extremely dangerous.
3. We’ve been told and hope that Dad will recover fully but it will take time and he still has a ways to go.
4. We are extremely lucky and grateful that he’s alive.

The next update will come from him directly. Thanks again for all the support.
to save giving them more views

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
fat tax

because food is exempt, so they sure aren't paying it there

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
She is extremely talented at not kicking that cat, I expected her to go flying at like, three different points

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cgeGVIPL5/?igshid=ehrjjjis5uvg

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
drat badass

I want to someday also be master of the warehouse buggy

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

barbecue at the folks posted:

What am I looking at?

It's a boy

But the mother has a concussion now

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Chomp8645 posted:

If that's a frequent reaction to misteps (heh) then sure. Otherwise, eh... we've all been there. You just got that one wrong annoyance at the perfectly wrong time at the end of a lovely day. It happens. It should only happen very rarely, but it happens. He wasn't hitting people or animals.

If I saw that guy do that in person, I would laugh in his face and call him a tremendous baby, for having a temper tantrum like a four-year-old

hth

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
He just made a couple cuts wrong so the two pieces wouldn't jigsaw together.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Being the first customer of the first day is probably the safest way to do it tbh

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Regalingualius posted:

Cowboy Bebop’s closing in on 30 :(

Yeah I don't really agree with them casting Shia LaBeouf for the live action movie they're making to coincide with that

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

The Butcher posted:

In the PNW at least I think it's pretty nailed in these days. We teach the kids in school what the sirens mean, do drills, and have signed routes set up to get to the high ground.

They don't do that in Vancouver because we have a sacrificial island protecting us

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Memento posted:

Let me introduce you to a little concept called liquefaction

A hell of a lot of Vancouver is built on lowland sediments that can just turn into slurry when they get shaken around a bit

I didn't say we weren't hosed, but how does tsunami education help us?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
That was literally in the description of the trailer they were talking about right before the post you quoted

Also Dan Harmon has his moments of brilliance, but his life is a slow moving trainwreck and I had to stop listening to his podcast. Everything that happens to him, he does to himself.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

SpacePig posted:

Isn't it supposed to be genuinely difficult to hear a train from on the tracks?

It's definitely not.

Some of them are not too loud if they're going slowly and not carrying cargo, so I could see a couple people having a conversation and not really paying attention though. And the horn would definitely care the piss out of them.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Maybe this is schadenfreude, I dunno:

When Words With Friends first came out, on the first iPad, I jailbroke my iPad and figured out that the dictionary was client-side, and I could modify it.

So I start playing words like HGHDTXA, just whatever I had sitting in my deck. Some rage ensued.

I think I played about two games like this, then considered the Words With Friends "beaten" and never played again.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I thought we'd already settled on a light Mexican beer, best served with a lime

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Not gonna dox the guy, but someone in the twitter comments did and he seems like a real class act

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
His family's gotta eat, too

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Tashilicious posted:

Who wants some delicious schaden of some cops being clowned on by protestors

https://twitter.com/h7bicore/status/1266802996102467588?s=20

That whole twitter thread is hilarious

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Euphoriaphone posted:

gently caress you. She stayed married after he killed his first victim and through all of his prior complaints and shootings. There's no reason to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's only now realizing he's a racist, violent prick.

The only reason she's divorcing him is to try to mitigate the abuse she'll receive from being married to him. I'd also think it's a ploy to avoid any liabilities from the civil suits that will definitely be filed against her husband.

Not enough information here to make that call. She might have been beaten within an inch of her life on the reg.

So gently caress off. She didn't murder anyone, and she's not supporting a murderer, she kicked his rear end to the curb.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Jedit posted:

Thermite?

Ehh, it'll be hollow, so just a little drill hole near the top and you could fill it up with whatever liquid you like

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Its just fashion. Mannerheim, the old poo poo, used to wear the strap on top of his hat.

I'm curious how you learned that. Were you just peeping old Nazi photos one day and went, "huh, that's weird", or are you just really into chinstraps, or is there some literature or TED talk I can watch

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

canyoneer posted:

That's a Finnish army uniform

Yikes

They should update that, it's not a great look anymore

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Slapdash posted:

Imagine if the nazis adopted the “S” that everyone doodled in their notebooks and then ruined it forever. That’s basically the swastika.

drat, the nazis were jerks

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Switchback posted:

“Aloha shirt” is just another word for “Hawaiian shirt” so now I don’t know if white people are appropriating Hawaiian culture or if Hawaiian wife is gatekeeping snazzy floral shirts.

If Hawaiian shirts are now deemed unacceptable then Australia is hosed.

I think this was a good history of it:

https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/hawaiian-shirts-articles-of-interest-4/

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Don't post it or anything

Or was that image of a Linksys router posted above actually the new PS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Can you imagine going for a relaxing dip in your pool and some screechy giant just starts shoving a chair at you

That squirrel is a hero