Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
This isn't a new video but it got recommended for some reason and I figured it basically fits here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ACTALWWSjM

Thanatosian posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/02/a-former-border-agent-at-risk-of-deportation/606418/

loving amazing. I'd post highlights, but I'd have to post the whole thing. And bold it.

yeah that guy can suck a fat one. reaping, sowing, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hey not everyone can be gangam style man

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Azhais posted:

*Mr Miyagi sighs and rolls up his sleeves*

*snatches out with chopsticks, returns with a single bloody testicle pinned between them*

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Memento posted:

also shame on anyone who doesn't use this as an excuse to yell HOT BEHIND at their significant other in the kitchen

I just yell COMING IN HOT so loud they jump and can't even place where the noise came from

Play
Apr 25, 2006

For a single person moving a drat fridge with a horribly-conceived plan I can't believe how well he did it tbh

Skulk Hogan posted:

Saw this happen at church camp. Dude on the bottom got a concussion.

When I was younger I shared a metal bunk bed with my brother. One night I'm on top and he's grabbing the railing talking to me. All the sudden the drat thing popped completely off, he falls backwards and the railing itself broke one of his teeth in half

Play fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 26, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pretty decent clip collection if you ignore the awful narration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOE_-zRwdQw

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ZombieLenin posted:

Sure, but your average ignorant Western tourist doesn’t understand that if you travel to say, Singapore, with 200 grams of cannabis, they are going to hang you.

And yes, the Australian media goes nuts when white people face the death penalty in these countries, but most often the people who end up dying because of this are poor domestic workers from countries like the Philippines who either get duped by their employers to carry the drugs, or get offered more than their yearly salary to carry drugs.

And yes, I think most of us probably agree the death penalty is not, in anyway, aligned with modern notions of human rights; but it seems extra egregious in these drug cases.

Vietnam is the same way, death to drug traffickers. The joke of it is, though, drugs are incredibly rife in the streets, there's no enforcement because all the cops are totally and completely paid off allowing dealers to operate with complete impunity. And those dealers certainly had no problems with their supply.

I paid off the cops multiple times when I lived there, either for actually doing something wrong or more commonly just so they wouldn't bother me and waste my time, they would pull me over for nothing knowing that I would just pay because that was the only good option When the corruption is that bad, giving people the death penalty for drugs is a joke, it'll only happen to the unlucky and the ones who didn't manage to pay off the right person.

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/sIe8akA.mp4

File this under hosed around and found out.

For a short left that had a lot of power in it. I love how he senses something might go down and hurries to put his bike down and make sure he's not encumbered if the guy loving attacks him.

I like to think he paid his fine with pride, if indeed he was fined because the driver easily could've kept quiet about it since he basically tried to run someone over then ran up to them holding a threatening beating stick or whatever it was

Play
Apr 25, 2006

By the looks of it that's like a two thousand dollar bike so probably not worth risking on some tiny road rage gremlin

Play
Apr 25, 2006

minato posted:

I've heard in Brazil that tourists go out looking for drugs, both dealer and tourist get "caught" in the act, the tourist panics and spends thousands to bribe their way out, cops release their dealer buddy & the cycle begins anew.

Yeah that happens basically everywhere there is police corruption. Those stories get passed around a lot in Thailand, never happened to me but it was enough to make me very cautious who I engaged in that way, only people I could trust. I've only heard about it secondhand though so who knows how common it actually is. One time I did have someone demand extra money and the implication was they would turn me in otherwise. I just hid the bud somewhere no one could find it and told him to gently caress off

Play
Apr 25, 2006

At an emergency room after having back spasms the xray technician told me that I've got deteriorating discs. Nothing has actually come of it yet but I imagine it like a ticking time bomb of sorts

Play
Apr 25, 2006

everydayfalls posted:

I can hear all my coworkers screaming “technologists not technician” from here. Also, don’t trust the off handed comment they think they know more than they do.

It was probably the actual doctor, I can't really remember since it was like 3 AM and I was blasted on benzos. I THINK he made a mistake but no way to know until my spine splits in two I guess

monkeytennis posted:

I get back spasms that have been getting worse over tIme. I hope I don’t have what you’ve got. This week is a particularly bad one. Been unable to stand up straight for 8 days, constantly leaning to one side and working from my bed. Even diazepam don’t seem to be helping. That airbag stunt might actually help.

I have a muscle imbalance in my back, caused by competitive pole vaulting originally and then getting my left shoulder destroyed. When I get back spasms it tends to literally pull my spine to one side (always the same side) until it's so painful I can barely breath. You can feel it in your spinal cord, it seems like.

Luckily that hasn't happened in quite a while, it's been almost a year and a half since the last one.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The petard discussion is funny because when I was a kid my brother and dad and I always joked about "petard" meaning fart, not knowing it actually means that in French. We were downright giddy when we discovered that.

But yeah a petard is actually an early explosive packet that would be used in sieges, you could easily blow yourself up or "hoist" yourself with it. It's a phrase invented by Shakespeare actually.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

If Shakespeare invented as many words and phrases as people attribute to him, his contemporaries would have no idea what he was saying.

Fair enough, popularized and first recorded in a play by Shakespeare. But very possibly invented by him/them too. It's not a coincidence that so many of his phrases and lines weren't recorded anywhere before that.

And if the audience knew the meaning of "hoist" and the meaning of "petard", they'd understand the meaning regardless of whether they had heard that phrase before seeing the play. It's pretty immediately apparent through context and content.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

No I think (nearly) all of my posts in this thread has been pointing out behavior which I think is bad.

Maybe post some content instead of more holier-than-thou bullshit then?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

That dolphin knew exactly what it was doing. Kind of like the sea lion that kept swimming through my legs in the shallows and scaring the poo poo out of me

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

the geneva convention forbids the shipment of surströmming across national borders, but there's a loophole with regards to paraphernalia

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det....40de607f8mjbOa

This machine could save lives as it exorcises that devil food back into the hell from whence it came

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Quite an accomplishment to run yourself over with your own boat with no water in sight

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This one made me laugh pretty hard because the fall gets more and more awkward until it's simply ridiculous. I've never seen anyone fall like that in my entire life lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

PinheadSlim posted:

My favorite part is how 50% of them are oldschool runescape players

I noticed that too, not exactly a common game but it seemed like maybe they lost their whole accounts or something? And losing your whole account in an incredibly grindy game will make people lose their poo poo.

My favorite guy though was the one who was insanely mad at his gamer chair that was hilarious

Play
Apr 25, 2006

PinheadSlim posted:

You don't even lose the hardcore ironman account when it dies, you just lose the "hardcore" part of your name. You don't lose any stats/gear/money/time

One of them was screeching about having let someone "stay in his house" and acting like he was betrayed, know anything about that?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

-Zydeco- posted:

“I will attempt to hold you civilly or however responsible that I can, and that’s my word.”

oooo what a threat. sure it got that judge shaking in their robe

Play
Apr 25, 2006

When it zooms in it almost looks like he literally bent that rail with his assbone lmao

Not as easy as it looks in the videos is it? lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I know it isn't the case but it looks like a cat when it jumps in the air and a dog when it runs out of the pool :P

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Platystemon posted:

It’s in the cloud now.

loving :lmao:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

lol they clearly have absolutely no conception of how plungers actually work. thus pressing it into the drain as hard as they could expecting something to happen other than what did

Play
Apr 25, 2006

good job not discussing the poll guys. now we need a poll about intra-thread schad

Play
Apr 25, 2006

seal takes his defeat gracefully, at least

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

Half the videos in this thread fall under the "what did they think was gonna happen" category.

He did try to put his feet down. Poorly but he tried

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I think Jedit was referring to the spike/drop part of the excuse as "fine" not the racism part

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

Usually they use up all the electricity the first time but that one must have had a few drops left

Just shake it out then like a normal person? I swear no one understands how to take care of their house anymore

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dillbag posted:

Behavioural changes after Traumatic Brain Injuries are definitely a thing, see David Zucker, who used to be a left wing hippie, then made a hard right turn after a bump to the head.

question is why have we never heard of it happening the other way, where an rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo instantly becomes a kind, generous, awesome person

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I suppose it MIGHT be possible to get a very specific part of your brain damaged and lose some of the anger you had before. Generally though, it just gets more broken and broken results in more animalistic, hostile and indulgent behavior.

Definitely don't need anyone to make a connection between brain damage and right wing politics, that's clear enough, but it would just be cool if a knock to the head could make you better and not worse.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

blight rhino posted:

I'm dumb, are these operator errors? or misprogrammed machines?

either way..

lol

It can be both and probably is. It's operator error by way of misprogramming, at least the one that cut through the top of the bolt and the one where the base piece was still moving sideways when the drill or whatever was going in. Most of them look like a slight mistake in the instructions the machine was given, causing certain parts to be subjected to forces they shouldn't and breaking.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I slept on my stomach on an air mattress with both my arms tucked under myself. The mattress deflated overnight and both my arms ended up numb/pins and needles for a couple days because they were squished underneath my body.

You can legit lose function in your limbs if you end up that way for too long. You're lucky it actually went away!

Oooooo why'd she put so much of her NECK into it? Ouch, goddamn I would never use my neck straight like that. What you should do at least is pull your head back like a woodpecker and bring it forward so that your neck is directly underneath your head, not behind it. So that your head has somewhere to recoil without breaking your neck

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's all in the timing, son

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Play
Apr 25, 2006

That chair knows how to make an entrance. I salutes its comedic timing

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This looks super weird because at first I thought that thing that caught on fire was a lot bigger and was actually sitting on the lawn rather than hanging from the eave lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

Context: VW pretended to change their name to Voltswagen to highlight their electric vehicles.

https://twitter.com/tacticaldipshit/status/1377301687279312903?s=21

Not very classy to put out an April fool's joke two days before April fools. Also kinda weird to go "we care about the environment and emissions so much" but then "lol nope"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

really gives me the warm and fuzzies, nicely done