Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009

GyverMac posted:

It is still broken. Nothing is really changed. Same boring level grind, same gamebreaking bugs and glitches. I would not recommend playing this. I'd rather recommend getting Wildlands instead if you have not played that.

Oh I've got a stupid number of hours in Wildlands and I don't have anything left to do except grind convoy missions or I guess restart the campaign but, eh. A New Game+ would've been great, I really enjoyed clearing out the cartel but I have 0 interest in hunting down weapons & accessories again. I don't have a problem with the boring level grind of Breakpoint, it was just the literal gamebreaking bugs that turned me off it. Sure would be neat if it would get fixed at some point because I am one of the weirdos that loved a lot of things about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I haven’t run into any game breaking bugs on two different computer setups. :shrug:

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
I suppose "gamebreaking" is up for interpretation, but in particular I ran into the "can't interact with anything" glitch at least once per session around launch, where I'd be unable to shoot, switch weapons, or do anything but move. It got me killed several times and, combined with the general lack of polish, was a big factor in my "wait until it's fixed" decision. I had a couple hard freezes as well but they were relatively uncommon.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I suppose "gamebreaking" is up for interpretation, but in particular I ran into the "can't interact with anything" glitch at least once per session around launch, where I'd be unable to shoot, switch weapons, or do anything but move. It got me killed several times and, combined with the general lack of polish, was a big factor in my "wait until it's fixed" decision. I had a couple hard freezes as well but they were relatively uncommon.

I would definitely categorize that as gamebreaking. Never run into it, so I can’t say for sure if they’ve fixed it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I haven’t run into any game breaking bugs on two different computer setups. :shrug:

I haven’t run into any with the PC or the PS4 version.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I suppose "gamebreaking" is up for interpretation, but in particular I ran into the "can't interact with anything" glitch at least once per session around launch, where I'd be unable to shoot, switch weapons, or do anything but move. It got me killed several times and, combined with the general lack of polish, was a big factor in my "wait until it's fixed" decision.
I think I saw something about that in at least one set of patch notes, probably worth going and looking through them.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I've definitely quit playing a mission due to falling through terrain multiple times (xbone edition)

In more pleasant news I reinstalled Wildlands last weekend and had a blast with a few friends in multiplayer

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
A lot of the bugs have been fixed since launch. I remember I used to constantly get the bug where my gun just wouldn't spawn in when I booted up the game until like 2 minutes later but it's fixed now.

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
Well, I bought it and played for a couple hours. Lmao at how bad the menus are on Xbone, I thought we stopped using mouse cursors on consoles over a decade ago, not to mention the skills menu inexplicably slowing to a crawl because apparently that's the most intensive part of the game. None of the models would load in the customization screens either so I had to keep popping back out of and into the menus to see how my GI Joe dress up simulator was going.

Aside from that and one instance of getting stuck in the "picking up loot" animation when some ammo fell inside a small tent, it's been smooth sailing and I kind of still love the game (possibly because I have bad taste?)

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009
So, shortly after a Polygon article today about salty Breakpoint fans and the lack of communication on the immersive mode update scheduled for February, Ubi announced a delay on the GR subreddit. It's going over exactly as well as you'd expect literally anything to go over on the GR subreddit.

Still no details on what "immersive mode" even means but I maintain that this is a couple solid patches from being a legitimately great game so I'm cautiously optimistic. I've been trying to play with no fast travel and minimal helicopter use and while I get why people were frustrated with traversal during the beta, I've been really enjoying the exploring the map, taking down random patrols, scanning the sky for bivouacs and whatnot. I know it's been said before but this would really benefit from reintroducing some of the survival elements that have been toned down into pointlessness (and I typically despise tacked-on survival mechanics).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
This is definitely a game where I feel like survival mechanics would be a giant benefit. The framework is there, just add the actual stuff.

I really enjoy this game, and I’ve had a way better time with it than I did stuff like RDR2. I’ll trade some jank for approachability any day.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Yeah so far I've seen zero reason to actually use the camp mechanics and buff myself up. Just tag chumps with the drone and take it slow and steady as you shoot 'em in the dome. Right now my biggest gripe is stumbling onto missions that assume I know what the gently caress is going on and who people are. The last one I found was all Nomad you gotta avenge this outcast person that Sentinel executed and everyone in the cutscene is bummed out that it happened in the first place, meanwhile I'm just who the gently caress are any of y'all :confused:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

The last one I found was all Nomad you gotta avenge this outcast person that Sentinel executed and everyone in the cutscene is bummed out that it happened in the first place, meanwhile I'm just who the gently caress are any of y'all :confused:

I assume Nomad got a head injury in the chopper crash and is frequently confused in the exact same way but just goes along with it.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I picked this up at some point when it was < $20 for coop adventures with my shootmans sidekick. She seems to hate it, but I've been enjoying it for as little as I've actually played. I had no idea what the bivouac mechanic was supposed to do, so I've stopped at one or two without realizing you can buff your character there. My gameplay is mostly just get high, then wander a section of map looking for things to do. Then I break out the drone, mark a few bad guys and creep around taking them out sporadically.

She's a much more "run and gun" type of player, so our duo can get a bit out of whack when we encounter hostiles. Which basically means I move to an overwatch position where I can start clicking on heads while she runs in and kills everyone.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I'm a stupid for buying the gold edition of this or whatever, and if you look you can find posts of me saying "well ubisoft hasn't abandoned a game so it'll be fine if the game is kind of wonky"

welp

They should just give everyone with the season pass the Division 2 expansion and just cut their losses here. Instead they'll just figure out what the minimal viable product for the season pass is and totally job everyone. Guess next time I'm going to just buy a month of ubi+. Lesson learned.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
When Division 1 was in a sorta bad state, they had some other Ubi studios like Red Storm come in and basically save the game. The same needs to happen here.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Finally at 100% story completion - just in time for Div 2's New York return, so adieu for now, sweet, sweet Nomad. The fun of being a murder hobo only goes so far.

My dream Breakpoint, after all this time, would be where Sentinel soldiers would act like soldiers should; paste a few baldies in Fen Bog - Sentinel beefs up patrols in Fen Bog with more Wolves and whatnot at the cost of personnel in other areas. And cut the random two to three man Sentinel teams in the middle of nowhere as if the situation was as serious as it seemed, they'd roll out of the gate with a minimum of a Platoon sized element complete with backup from air units and artillery.

Having to deal with Air Cav/Air Assault units would be sweet too, now that I think about it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

arm the predator drones so when they spot you they launch a hellfire missile

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

So, shortly after a Polygon article today about salty Breakpoint fans and the lack of communication on the immersive mode update scheduled for February, Ubi announced a delay on the GR subreddit. It's going over exactly as well as you'd expect literally anything to go over on the GR subreddit.

Still no details on what "immersive mode" even means but I maintain that this is a couple solid patches from being a legitimately great game so I'm cautiously optimistic. I've been trying to play with no fast travel and minimal helicopter use and while I get why people were frustrated with traversal during the beta, I've been really enjoying the exploring the map, taking down random patrols, scanning the sky for bivouacs and whatnot. I know it's been said before but this would really benefit from reintroducing some of the survival elements that have been toned down into pointlessness (and I typically despise tacked-on survival mechanics).

I would love more of this if the map was a bit smaller and the actual driving didn't feel so terrible.

I really do love the environment in this. Shooting up a high tech island is fun and it reminds me of Trials Fusion in a weird way.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"Ghost Experience" trailer about the "immersive" changes

I don't have the game because I didn't like the beta but I'm interested to see what they're doing to fix it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB_JQWf83p8

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Wish they would have just done this "immersive mode" as the initial release. Looks pretty decent.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Cutedge posted:

Wish they would have just done this "immersive mode" as the initial release. Looks pretty decent.

yeah this looks super fun. Can't wait.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Not gonna lie, this looks like they've knocked it out of the park we'll have to wait until the 24th to see what showstopping bugs it contains :v:

Edit: I am actually pretty hyped though

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
hmmm, this is definitely a step in the right direction. still waiting on ai teammates though...

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Yeah definitely going to give it a try

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Yesss no gear score :toot:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
That production value is just :allears:

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

I wonder how immersive mode will work will the Behemoths and gated missions?

SchwarzeKrieg
Apr 15, 2009

The Saviour posted:

I wonder how immersive mode will work will the Behemoths and gated missions?

:same:

Gear level is the only thing that really discourages you from just beating the main story mission immediately. Which I actually still haven't done yet, but I'm curious about how much the changes will affect the core structure of the game.

Pretty optimistic about it, too. Add AI squad back in and almost all my complaints will be alleviated (uhh assuming there aren't dozens of new and exciting gamebreaking bugs)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
As someone who doesn't normally play the sniper...glad to get this out of the way:

https://i.imgur.com/iVdaIVq.mp4

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm glad they're still keeping Sam around in some way even if he never get his own game again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOAeQnLlpE

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Got a discount on the uplay store so I picked this up for about 17$ and I figure that's a fine price to play the new overhaul when it drops. I should go back and install Wildlands and finish that first, but gently caress it, new game.

I am gonna miss my AI buddies, those were a genuine joy in Wildlands that made up for how I don't like to play these games co-op.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

cocaine altidude sickness big dam grow potatos

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Eastbound Spider posted:

cocaine altidude sickness big dam grow potatos

round these parts we call those "shitballs"

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

So the immersive mode for this gets released tomorrow. I may mess around with it. But I beat the game already and I don't know how much it will hold me over.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

I'm actually interested in this update but poo poo it comes out a day after a new loving Half Life and 4 days after Doom Eternal. poo poo timing.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Cutedge posted:

I'm actually interested in this update but poo poo it comes out a day after a new loving Half Life and 4 days after Doom Eternal. poo poo timing.

Yeah that's extremely poor timing. Can't wait for some Ubisoft executive to shitcan the whole Ghost Recon series because they handled this actually pretty decent game so poorly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Any idea on when the update drops today?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

Any idea on when the update drops today?

I think it's out now on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

I think it's out now on PS4.

Aha. On PC and uplay is grabbing the update now. I hope it's good!

e: oh jesus 15GB

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 24, 2020