Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

Back in the day I used to catch wind of all the interesting interesting poo poo that went down here. It seemed like half of everything on the internet had goons involved somehow. I'd hear about something going on and I'd pop in to check it out. So I've been surfing here a decent amount for the past month (now that I'm financially invested) and haven't really seen anything big. Mostly just shitposts and megathreads talking about reddit. I can say that the quality of the shitposts here is top notch though. You people really know what shitposting is all about, that's pretty rare these days.

When I bought this account and actually started reading threads I thought I would be completely out of the loop. I really wanted there to be a bunch of legendary threads that I missed out on. I'm bored and instead of doing something productive I'd like to read some internet drama.

Has here been any recent happenings on the forums?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I replied to your thread.

Isn't that exciting?!

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
The other day someone posted impressions of the popeyes sandwich and we all just lost it. It was crazy.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

uhhhh did you not see the threads about giant pig balls?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Mmmmmaybe.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

a dude was beating his kids and a mod got defrocked and perma'd for not doing anything about it

don't beat your kids people

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

a dude was beating his kids and a mod got defrocked and perma'd for not doing anything about it

Well, that's horrible. OP, you like?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

OG Algier posted:

Back in the day I used to catch wind of all the interesting interesting poo poo that went down here.

are you talking stupid innocent fun like in the p-p-powerbook days or when things started getting dark with the whole caro thing etc

given the realities of 2019 i think its definitely for the best if nothing interesting happens here

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

No

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
this is like a posting retirement home. we don't like change or anything remotely interesting.

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

Earwicker posted:

are you talking stupid innocent fun like in the p-p-powerbook days or when things started getting dark with the whole caro thing etc

Both are equally hilarious

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
I really enjoyed the thread where someone captured a bee

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kuato posted:

this is like a posting retirement home. we don't like change or anything remotely interesting.

:hai:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kuato you should come west of the mountains and hang out, I'll buy you a beer just PM me

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

How the gently caress did that go down? Was the dude just posting videos of him slapping his kids around?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lowtax broke him spine, that was p big news

there was some e/n drama last week and a mod got perma'd

Basically just look in the Leper's Colony, that's where all the best drama is.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Did you miss the giant E/N clusterfuck? The best admin even stepped down over it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

that ZDR guy scammed goons out of a bunch of money and disappeared

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

Kuato posted:

If websites had a scent I bet these forums would smell like a musty old basement

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

OG Algier posted:

If websites had a scent I bet these forums would smell like a musty old basement

turn on your smellovision

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Did you not see the thread Lowtax posted where some fat old guy yells about kettlebells

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

Resting Lich Face posted:

Did you miss the giant E/N clusterfuck? The best admin even stepped down over it.

That sounds like a good read. I haven't spent too much time browsing E/N. I only read threads there when I wanna feel better about my life.

Boards with mental health sections in their rules always have some poo poo going down

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

OG Algier posted:

That sounds like a good read. I haven't spent too much time browsing E/N. I only read threads there when I wanna feel better about my life.

Boards with mental health sections in their rules always have some poo poo going down

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897141

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
drat bro im sorry i forgot to curate a wiki about sa for you the last couple decades. my bad

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

500 good dogs posted:

lol what? Links please.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

500 good dogs posted:

kuato you should come west of the mountains and hang out, I'll buy you a beer just PM me

maybe in oct. going to Vegas and NYC in next 3-4 weeks.

And the forums scent is dust and mildew, and we're rather smug about our unique aroma.

Talking to a co-worker IRL: Pfft, your sub-redddit may have more users than this entire forum, but did you know we created the chuck norris meme AND slenderman?! :smuggo:

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

:chanpop:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Go to FYAD. Now that's an experience

OG Algier
Aug 5, 2019

gary oldmans diary posted:

drat bro im sorry i forgot to curate a wiki about sa for you the last couple decades. my bad

Please spend less time working/sleeping and spend more time posting content for my consumption. thanks

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
check this out op

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Putty posted:

check this out op

Kool

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

:krad:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jose Oquendo posted:

lol what? Links please.

I don't know how to find it from my phone but he hit up GBS for donations after losing his job as a computer janitor or something then disappeared? Idk maybe I got some parts wrong but that's how I remember it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kuato posted:

maybe in oct. going to Vegas and NYC in next 3-4 weeks.

And the forums scent is dust and mildew, and we're rather smug about our unique aroma.

Talking to a co-worker IRL: Pfft, your sub-redddit may have more users than this entire forum, but did you know we created the chuck norris meme AND slenderman?! :smuggo:

nice! you should head down to Miami now while the weather is good

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

500 good dogs posted:

I don't know how to find it from my phone but he hit up GBS for donations after losing his job as a computer janitor or something then disappeared? Idk maybe I got some parts wrong but that's how I remember it

You're probably right. Scamming goons for money is a pretty lucrative thing to get into. It still happens to this day.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Resting Lich Face posted:

I don't think he stepped down over it directly. It was more like the straw that pushed the camel into another pasture.

500 good dogs posted:

There's a ton more nuance here too. He did disappear abruptly, possibly with little to no communication, but I wouldn't say there was a scam. He did stick around a bit after the donation drive before disappearing, and he had done tons of work on the forums prior. But I don't know enough to say if he was compensated for that work or not, and I don't remember how much money he received. I do remember he had massive problems going on in his personal life, and if he found another job it's likely he wouldn't have had the time or mental energy to work on the forums.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 3, 2019

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Khorne posted:

I don't think he stepped down over it directly. It was more like the straw that pushed the camel into another pasture.

Yeah of course. It's a real shame though. It seems like maybe some good is coming of the whole debacle though what with the new admin and moderator staff. Hopefully everyone's workload decreases. I've done the whole moderating thing elsewhere and it sure does drain you over time.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
A few days ago I looked up seller reviews I posted for SA Mart transactions I made several years back and it turns out I bought a DVD from Aatrek. So that grossed me the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CPL593H posted:

A few days ago I looked up seller reviews I posted for SA Mart transactions I made several years back and it turns out I bought a DVD from Aatrek. So that grossed me the gently caress out.
There are some times, when telling a story, that it's important to provide a lot of detail. Even details that seem trivial can be important. For instance, if you bought a DVD from a sex offender, you'd probably want to at least say what the DVD is.