Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT UK Takeover Results:
  • Noam Dar defeated Travis Banks
  • Cesaro defeated Ilja Dragunov
  • Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster defeated Zack Gibson and James Drake (C) and Gallus in a Triple Threat Tag match to become the new NXT UK Tag Team Champions.
  • Joe Coffey defeated Dave Mastiff
  • Kay Lee Ray defeated Toni Storm (C) to become the new NXT UK Women's Champion.
  • WALTER (C) successfully defended his NXT UK Championship in an incredible match against Tyler Bate.

Raw Results:
  • Michael Cole opened Raw to moderate a contract signing between Universal Champion Seth Rollins and BRAUN! Seth claimed he'd defended two titles before and would do so again at Clash of Champions, remaining both Universal Champion and Tag Team Champions.
  • BRAUN! asked Seth how awkward it would be to defend his tag titles with him but then lose the Universal title to BRAUN! in the main event. Seth reminded him he'd slain the Beast and would do the same to "The Monster".
  • The OC came out, with AJ Styles getting big cheers from the crowd. He mocked the fact BRAUN! was getting a title shot simply for staring long enough at the belt, and asked if the challenger for AJ's US Title would be decided the same way before warning Gallows and Anderson not to look at his belt. Cole tried to calm AJ down who warned him to shut up or he'd slap his teeth down his throat, which got a big cheer. He ripped up the Seth/BRAUN! contract which kicked off a brawl.
  • Seth/BRAUN! defeated Gallows and Anderson in a tag match in spite of interference by AJ Styles. Immediately after Seth got the pin on Anderson, AJ attacked him only for Rollins to fight him off. BRAUN! ran through the OC at ringside but accidentally knocked over Seth as well.
  • Ziggler and Roode raced out to attack BRAUN! and The OC joined in, doing a 4 Man Magic Killer before lifting BRAUN! up to eat a Phenomenal Forearm by AJ.
  • Cedric Alexander was being interviewed backstage when he was suddenly attacked by The OC. Commentary pondered why the hell they'd do this.
  • Roode and Ziggler defeated Hawkins and Ryder in a quick tag match.
  • Undertaker was advertised for Smackdown next week.
  • Lacey Evans defeated Nattie Neidhart after distracting her with a thrown handkerchief before hitting the Women's Right.
  • Becky Lynch came out for a promo, pointing out that Sasha had always been pushed at the top woman in NXT and after coming to the main roster while Becky was always treated as an afterthought. Now Becky had proved to the likes of Charlotte Flair why she was The Man and now she'd do it to Sasha too. She pointed out how Sasha was jealous of her main eventing Wrestlemania, and even more jealous that after she went home Bayley had kept coming in to work and was now a Champion herself and doing just fine without Sasha.
  • Sasha came out and agreed that she was upset about no longer being the main event woman with her face on all the posters, but said the only reason Becky was in this position was because Nia Jax had smashed up her face. She wasn't going to fight Becky for free tonight, but she would if the title was on the line at Clash of Champions. Becky replied that all she had to do was ask and she accepted the challenge, and Sasha warned her that now The Man would be The Boss' bitch.
  • The Street Profits were gaping backstage and didn't do their usual hype-work for the show.
  • Baron Corbin defeated Cedric Alexander in a 15 minute long match where the crowd was fully behind Cedric and as much was done as possible to make him good in the loss. The story of the match was that the OC's earlier unexplained attack had damaged his shoulder and he'd had to fight through the pain.
  • A recap of the Roman Reigns/Daniel Bryan storyline on Smackdown played, followed by a tweet from Stone Cold Steve Austin saying that he would gladly host a redone contract signing between Seth and BRAUN! next week (!)
  • Bayley was interviewed about her upcoming match tagging with fellow Champion Becky Lynch against Tag Champions Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross. She noted that she and Sasha were still friends and that was all she had to say about it, and she'd rather talk about her Smackdown Championship. Instead she was asked if Becky Lynch was overshadowing her and she said they'd said who was in who's shadow after tonight.
  • The Viking Raiders murdered a pair of jobbers who cut a cheap heat promo before the match claiming to be from Pittsburgh, which got big boos from the Baltimore crowd. The Raiders loving destroyed these two dudes, the finisher in particular was awesome with the littlest jobber being sent like 12 feet vertical into the air.
  • Sasha Banks had no interest in being interviewed backstage about the Becky/Bayley vs. Alexa/Nikki tag match tonight.
  • Steve Austin is confirmed to moderate the contract signing next week (which is at MSG).
  • Samoa Joe came out and cut a promo about winning the King of the Ring.
  • Samoa Joe vs. Ricochet went to an absolutely bizarre non-ending in their King of the Ring match after Ricochet was getting choked out on the turnbuckle and managed to fall back and send them both crashing into the mat. Their arms were over each other's chests and the ref counted a 3 count, the bell rang.... then the ref got out of the ring, grbabed a headset, talked to somebody in the back, agreed that they'd seen the same thing, promised to take it under advisement... and then just walked off up the ramp to the back. A bewildered Ricochet and Joe chased after him demanding to know who won, and the ref kept repeating,"We'll make a ruling! We'll make a ruling!"
  • Joe attacked Ricochet and they fought back into the ring where Ricochet laid out Joe and his music played to a completely confused and agitated crowd.
  • BRAUN! met with Seth backstage and demanded to know if Stone Cold showing up next week was to set an ambush with Seth against him. Seth asked if he was REALLY concerned about such a stupid idea after they just took a beating from five dudes together earlier in the night. BRAUN! warned that if Steve Austin got in his way next week he would Get. These. Hands.
  • A new Firefly Funhouse aired (yay!) with Bray warmly and genuinely offering a heartfelt apology to Finn Balor for that mean ol' THE FIEND destroying him. Suddenly the Vince puppet appeared screaming at Bray for having challenged Seth or BRAUN! to a Universal Title match depending on the result at Clash of Champions. Before the Vince Puppet could declare,"YOU'RE FAHHHH!", Bray whipped out a stack of cash and fed it to him, and the Vince Puppet, sated, collapsed to the floor. Bray wiped his sweating forehead with the rest of the cash in relief, then grinned and happily declared,"SEE YOU IN HELL! :haw:" to the audience.
  • Corey Graves was going to interview referee John Cone backstage about the Ricochet/Joe match when Baron Corbin showed up happily stating that both were eliminated and thus he should get a Bye in the tournament. Cone informed him that WWE Management had decided neither Joe or Ricochet were eliminated and thus the match against Corbin was now a Triple Threat. Corbin - with quite a bit of justification - was furious at this decision.
  • Rey Mysterio was interviewed and said his large son Dominic's words had reminded him of his duty as a father, and so he wasn't going to retire after all and still had more to offer WWE.
  • The Miz defeated Cesaro in a match that Cesaro (who only got back from the UK like a day ago) completely dominated until Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale and won.
  • Sasha Banks came out early into the main event to stand ringside and watch Becky/Bayley vs. Alexa/Nikki.
  • After playing Face in Peril for most of the match, Bayley finally made a tag to Becky who ran wild and took out Nikki and Alexa. As she was beating on Alexa in the corner, Sasha made the world's most obvious run-in and took out Becky, then went to town on her with a chair.
  • Bayley ran in and pulled the chair away from Sasha... then began beating the poo poo out of Becky with it. The crowd went nuts cheering and chanting,"YES!" for Dark Bayley as the show went off the air.

Smackdown Results:
  • Dark Bayley opened the show to a mixture of cheers and boos, and said that nothing had changed and her attack on Becky last night was just backing up a friend. She wanted to be a rolemodel (and, quite frankly, a hero) to children by showing them the value of loyalty, and would prove her moral worth by defeating the most selfish woman on the roster - Charlotte Flair - at Clash of Champions to retain her title. Charlotte Flair came out and said that with her, what you see is what you get, and she was coming for the belt.
  • Sasha Banks came out as Charlotte started fighting with Dark Bayley. Charlotte cut Sasha's attempt to get in the ring off, but that allowed Dark Bayley to attack her from behind with a chair. The fans chanted,"ONE MORE TIME!"
  • Elias defeated Ali in a King of the Ring Quarterfinal. Similarly to Cedric last night, Ali got to look real good but ultimately lost thanks to Elias exploiting an injury.
  • Samoa Joe was interviewed backstage about facing Ricochet and Baron Corbin in a King of the Ring semi-final triple threat. He claimed to be scouting the competition tonight and promised to be the new King.
  • Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville defeated Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross clean in a non-title match.
  • Samoa Joe bumped into Chad Gable, mocked his height, called him Bilbo and said he was mentally weak. Gable looked upset.
  • Randy Orton came out to talk about his recent attacks on Kofi, but said that this was behind him and now he wasn't going to attack him from behind, he wanted to face him man to man. Kofi came out and got jumped from behind by... The Revival. Orton joined in on the beating, calling Kofi stupid the entire time.
  • Chad Gable defeated Andrade in a really good match, and got a big pop for his win. On commentary they continually mocked how short Gable was, including Zelina Vega who is like 2 foot tall also mocking his height.
  • Aleister Black defeated Shelton Benjamin in a singles match.
  • The Singh Brothers and Curtis Axel went after 24/7 Champion Drake Maverick backstage but he fought them off. But then Bo Dallas rolled him up and became the new 24/7 Champion, because he Bo-Lieved.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura defeated "Andrew Howard", a jobber who never got to be named because Sami Zayn decided this was his name and then insisted that in Shinsuke's eyes he was only the Miz anyway. Shinsuke obliterated the poor bastard.
  • 24/7 Champion Bo Dallas hit the ring being chased by the jobbers. Drake Maverick managed to pin him to regain the title, but as he escaped up the ramp, a lamp next to the King of the Ring throne turned out to be R-Truth who pinned him to win back the title.
  • Daniel Bryan came out and demanded an apology from Roman Reigns, saying that he'd had no idea that Rowan was the one who had been attacking Roman and he never lied to anybody, he always told people the truth. Roman came out to answer the demand, but then Rowan jumped him from behind, attacking him but also Daniel.
  • Rowan got on the mic and said that he was proud of his attacks on Roman, and mockingly challenged Daniel to get into the ring and try slapping him around again. He attacked Roman again after challenging him to a match at Clash of Champions, and Bryan rushed him and demanded to know what he was doing, reminding him that they were friends. He slapped Rowan... who loving PLANTED him through the commentary table before screaming,"THAT WAS JUST A TASTE!" at Roman's corpse.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Twitter understands

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I don't mind Bayley's heel turn, but this makes the Smackdown Women's Title match at Clash of Champions a heel vs heel match. So which babyface gets added to balance it out?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
^^^ none of them they just run a heel vs heel match

I'm here for the Two (Wo)man Power Trip starring Bayley and Sasha. Someone photoshop it please.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Highlight of the recap at the end :laffo:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Evil Best Friends Forever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't mind Bayley's heel turn, but this makes the Smackdown Women's Title match at Clash of Champions a heel vs heel match. So which babyface gets added to balance it out?

If Asuka starts her livestream as the match starts, WWE will immediately announce that she's the surprise third participant and has 10 seconds to get to the ring.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I just hope they don't plan on making Charlotte face again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Evil Best Friends Forever.

:hellyeah:

I'm half-torn on Dark Bayley being the nicest bad person in the world, like screwing up cups or leaving the lid off her bottle of water evil.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

I'm so ready for something new that i'll forgive Bayley's sorry rear end chair shots.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

If Asuka starts her livestream as the match starts, WWE will immediately announce that she's the surprise third participant and has 10 seconds to get to the ring.
Ted DiBiase trips her at :09

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

DarkstarIV posted:

DeepDickPizza posted:

The best part of this is it probably means Sonya is turning face to take the Smackdown Women's Title. haha

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Only the new free agent Kylie Rae can stop heel Bayley

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

DARK BAYLEY WOOOOOOOO

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This might be the best GIF I've seen this year.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think they're going to add a face, I think we're just seeing the final stages of reverting to the original no-faces-no-heels state of the women's division. They spent the last three goddamn months making Alexa into a good friend who's still awful to everyone, Bayley a likable huggy face who's also unsympathetic and lovely to people, Ember a screamingly insecure loser but you should cheer for her anyway, etc. Even the Becky/Sasha feud tonight established that despite being a clear face/heel situation it's predicated on both being kind of passive aggressive and lovely to each other.

Bayley will be a heel but the crowd's going to cheer her for it so that'll be muddled in the first place, and she's going to cheat repeatedly against Charlotte which will be portrayed as a bad thing and thus you should sympathize even while Charlotte will continues to call herself a genetically superior queen who deserves the world, and Kairi Sane will be off crying quietly in catering while Asuka plays Mario Maker.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You can't sum up modern day WWE in a single ima-

gently caress.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So Bray says Braun and Seth took something from him. What's he talkin' about?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Evil Bayley gets a slowed down, minor chord version of her theme.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Becky's episode on Austin's show was just OK, but she stunned him at the end and goddamn it looked incredible

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MJeff posted:

So Bray says Braun and Seth took something from him. What's he talkin' about?

they took his lunch money

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

"drat Wimmin with their pregnancies and menstruation and sexual assault lawsuits" ~Vince McMahon, probably for real.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

surf rock posted:

Becky's episode on Austin's show was just OK, but she stunned him at the end and goddamn it looked incredible

I liked him driving a busted-rear end 2003 Ford focus like he was a college-aged flashy_mcflash

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

CarlCX posted:

I don't think they're going to add a face, I think we're just seeing the final stages of reverting to the original no-faces-no-heels state of the women's division. They spent the last three goddamn months making Alexa into a good friend who's still awful to everyone, Bayley a likable huggy face who's also unsympathetic and lovely to people, Ember a screamingly insecure loser but you should cheer for her anyway, etc. Even the Becky/Sasha feud tonight established that despite being a clear face/heel situation it's predicated on both being kind of passive aggressive and lovely to each other.

Bayley will be a heel but the crowd's going to cheer her for it so that'll be muddled in the first place, and she's going to cheat repeatedly against Charlotte which will be portrayed as a bad thing and thus you should sympathize even while Charlotte will continues to call herself a genetically superior queen who deserves the world, and Kairi Sane will be off crying quietly in catering while Asuka plays Mario Maker.

Where does Liv Morgan's new character come into this?

Don't answer, I know, nowhere

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

surf rock posted:

gently caress, okay I gotta see that.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

surf rock posted:

Yes, that was a v good moment

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Grem posted:

Where does Liv Morgan's new character come into this?

Don't answer, I know, nowhere

She's Roman's real attacker :ssh:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm here for the Two (Wo)man Power Trip starring Bayley and Sasha. Someone photoshop it please.

This would be good. Have Sasha win, then have them both win the Woman's Tag titles. Just give that division an interesting story for once.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress, okay I gotta see that.

Here you go.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Absolutely loving owns :hellyeah:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Then the ref got out of the ring, grbabed a headset, talked to somebody in the back, agreed that they'd seen the same thing, promised to take it under advisement... and then just walked off up the ramp to the back. A bewildered Ricochet and Joe chased after him demanding to know who won, and the ref kept repeating,"We'll make a ruling! We'll make a ruling!" and then hung up. There was no ruling.

This is a common occurrence; the ref has agreed to put on a headset but says that they can't do so before making his point. The ref has been given some verbal cues from the match officials which seem to be interpreted as clear evidence. This usually takes place when there is a stoppage in action, after two men have been involved in some form of contact, but during a match.

The ref will have gone to the trouble of getting permission from the match judges for him to wear the headset, and will go into what was initially intended at least as an attempt to help the people watching.

This is an incredibly frustrating scenario, as it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Why would anyone want to see this in a wrestling show?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That ref segment was semi redeemed by John Cone being incredibly sassy/snarky to Baron Corbin and I stand by the point that Cone vs Corbin is the best feud on the main roster right now.

Also now I'm starting to wonder why they have Asuka act like a mute. ICYMI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwKkRmDzEQc

Asuka's english is pretty okay here. Which just further shows that Vince scripting everyone is actively detrimental to the product.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Why would anyone want to see this in a wrestling show?

As wrestling fans, it is a very sad day. This is what happens when you create something as big as WWE. WWE, in its infinite self-delusion, has taken the best elements of pro-wrestling and created WWE 2K16—an unfinished product that they think their fans want.

WWE also has created WWE 2K16 as a "premium" title on the next generation of consoles as part of a marketing campaign for the product. This is a clear marketing strategy that is taking the best aspects of sports entertainment and creating an entire franchise of games that only exist to sell more WWE 2K16's for less money.

WWE 2K16 is nothing more than a watered down version of the real thing with new WWE Superstars, matches, characters, and the WWE Universe as the only experience we get to feel.

We have to stop the madness and tell WWE they can't keep doing this. They can no longer claim that they are changing video games and making them better. If they want to keep saying this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Asuka's english is pretty okay here. Which just further shows that Vince scripting everyone is actively detrimental to the product.

That video was a lot of fun and yeah, holy poo poo I had no idea her English was that good.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

me last week: The OC should murder Ziggler and Roode

this week: "Ziggler and Roode... and The OC joined in, doing a 4 Man Magic Killer before lifting BRAUN! up to eat a Phenomenal Forearm by AJ."

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DarkstarIV posted:

That ref segment was semi redeemed by John Cone being incredibly sassy/snarky to Baron Corbin and I stand by the point that Cone vs Corbin is the best feud on the main roster right now.

Also now I'm starting to wonder why they have Asuka act like a mute. ICYMI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwKkRmDzEQc

I enjoyed that video. I like that Asuka pronounces bruh "brew."

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Who gives a gently caress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

can they just hire the entire attitude era as group commissioners or something already