Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The Dregs posted:

I don't know why we Americans have such an aversion to eating horses. I've always wanted to try it. They're less charismatic than cows or pigs, and I eat them all the time.

It's because of broke brained horse people and politicians that think that horses are a symbol of the American West.

gently caress that poo poo, I just want cheap hamburgers. I don't care if you made it from horse, alligator or dolphin meat.

snype

Rad-daddio fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

kangaroos are just ????

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Dregs posted:

I don't know why we Americans have such an aversion to eating horses. I've always wanted to try it. They're less charismatic than cows or pigs, and I eat them all the time.

Rad-daddio posted:

It's because of broke brained horse people and politicians that think that horses are a symbol of the American West.

loving yes.

I get most race horses having more drugs in them than an entire NFL team and aren't fit for consumption by anything but cockroaches, but if a wild mustang trips and breaks it's neck on a road reflector because it heard a pinecone fart I should be to able to hack a chunk off it to grill later without society judging me.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

numberoneposter posted:

kangaroos are just ????

What happens when an aussie shags a dingo.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

at first glance I thought this horse had a short, but extremely girthy penis

I've seen one of those huge mofos get horned up once. It looked like it was just going about its business while this giant dong just slowly inflates out of nowhere in its crotch. Then it tried fuckin the other horses. So it's probably in there somewhere. Penis is stored in the balls.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The inventor of the piston probably had an eureka moment watching hydraulic telescoping horse dicks, why else would they call it a steam horse

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

*watches a horse get a boner* look at that horsepower

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

*watches dolphin get a boner* Ok, now that's just sick

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
horses and dolphins are totally different actually.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mooey Cow posted:

What about work horses? They've got big beefy legs. How easily do they spontaneously combust?

IIRC work horses are actually pretty chill and are probably safer than most horses less than half their size. Mostly from that video of a tiny 9 year old girl riding around a gigantic Clydesdale like ten times her size.

kiraeh
Dec 7, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC work horses are actually pretty chill and are probably safer than most horses less than half their size. Mostly from that video of a tiny 9 year old girl riding around a gigantic Clydesdale like ten times her size.
Work horses are extremely chill and good, horses are like dogs in that in general the bigger they are, the nicer and gentler they are, the smaller they are the meaner and more easily scared they are. This is true until you get into pony breeds, at which point they stay mean, get smart and tough and just get more of all of those things as they get smaller.

The comparison with pugs upthread is a good one. There's a number of breeds of horses that have been intensively bred for generations for stuff that has nothing to to with survival or easy handling and it shows pretty badly. Including outright designer breeds that are intended to look or move a certain way and everything else gets sacrificed for that. And like dogs, plenty of horses suffer as much from poor upbringing/living conditions/training as poor genetics.

Horses have very good memories and are surprisingly good at reading human emotion, but fundamentally relate to the world in a way that's pretty alien to us bc of prey drive. I used to ride a horse who would spook at the sound of her poop hitting the ground.

Source: 20 years working at a horse rescue. No dumb horse death stories tho, idk what dummies are having heart attacks all the time, probably thoroughbreds, even the crosses I've met have all been wackadoodle. The common racehorse in my area is standardbreds and maybe because they have to be chill enough to wear harness they're actually great.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

numberoneposter posted:

It's right in the name, sea lion. But they don't seem very cat like nor horse like. Perhaps sea cow would be more fitting?

sea cows are manatees

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

numberoneposter posted:

prove me wrong :colbert:

A horse didn't rape Mike pence, Mike pence raped a horse.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Horse meat is fine but nothing special, like beef but I guess a little 'smokier'

AlphariusOmegon
May 11, 2020

Finding endless comedy at all the people in the thread that unironically believe in the ocean.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mooey Cow posted:

Look at this big wrestling horse

He could probably survive many things imo.

Why did they give this horse roller derby girl bangs?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You can get horse meat pretty easily in the US now but its not particularly competitive flavor wise with more readily available and popular meats.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can't think of a better haircut for a horse

Maybe a mohawk

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I'll stick to chicken tbh

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Both horse and dolphin are delicious.

I think OP may be on to something here...

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Literally A Person posted:

I think OP may be on to something here...

stop eating horse and dolphins, dude. They can smell that and they'll think all of us are freaks.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hell astro course posted:

stop eating horse and dolphins, dude. They can smell that and they'll think all of us are freaks.

Listen, if you expect me to pay astronomical prices for "not horrible" meat you got another thing coming, goon.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Fish are just sea people

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

that explains why i want to fry them

and then gently caress them

hey wheres that goon that just discovered "mayonnaise with relish in it" because boy do i have some ideas

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

kiraeh posted:

Work horses are extremely chill and good, horses are like dogs in that in general the bigger they are, the nicer and gentler they are, the smaller they are the meaner and more easily scared they are. This is true until you get into pony breeds, at which point they stay mean, get smart and tough and just get more of all of those things as they get smaller.

The comparison with pugs upthread is a good one. There's a number of breeds of horses that have been intensively bred for generations for stuff that has nothing to to with survival or easy handling and it shows pretty badly. Including outright designer breeds that are intended to look or move a certain way and everything else gets sacrificed for that. And like dogs, plenty of horses suffer as much from poor upbringing/living conditions/training as poor genetics.

Horses have very good memories and are surprisingly good at reading human emotion, but fundamentally relate to the world in a way that's pretty alien to us bc of prey drive. I used to ride a horse who would spook at the sound of her poop hitting the ground.

Source: 20 years working at a horse rescue. No dumb horse death stories tho, idk what dummies are having heart attacks all the time, probably thoroughbreds, even the crosses I've met have all been wackadoodle. The common racehorse in my area is standardbreds and maybe because they have to be chill enough to wear harness they're actually great.

Reminds me a bit of PI threads about rabbits; weirdly they have a thing or two in common with horses in being domesticated prey animals, so their whole social instincts are completely different from dogs and cats that we're used to. (and birds are their own extremely silly thing)

I can see the appeal for the more functional ones in that they're basically dogs you can ride like motorcycles

Also, I once did research with the national coroner's office, and horses are the animal that kill the most people in Australia by a significant margin. Runners-up iirc are dogs and kangaroos. Sharks are on par with bees.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol ah man death by kangaroo

naem
May 29, 2011

Sjs00 posted:

Fish are just sea people

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

naem posted:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

ah gently caress i hate it when this happens

mods?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Statutory Ape posted:

lol ah man death by kangaroo

To ruin the joke it's the same way deer kill people in the USA, by jumping in front of cars

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To ruin the joke it's the same way deer kill people in the USA, by jumping in front of cars

lol if you think that makes it less funny

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Poor Dolphin. Thought of a net and died.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So what this thread is saying is that war horses should make a comeback

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Statutory Ape posted:

lol if you think that makes it less funny

Fair, and I'm not kidding about the jumping in front of cars part. An old friend of mine barely survived his car catching fire after hitting one. Also there's even odds the roo will hop away.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Rad-daddio posted:

gently caress that poo poo, I just want cheap hamburgers. I don't care if you made it from horse, alligator or dolphin meat.

snype

Nah I no joke heard that the aversion to eating horses is some deep-rooted Anglo thing, it goes back hundreds and hundreds of years. Something about paganism, like, horses were sacred to the pagans so it was forbidden to eat them. Or maybe it was that pagans thought it was sacred to eat horses so Christianity banned eating them. Something like that.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Barudak posted:

You can get horse meat pretty easily in the US now but its not particularly competitive flavor wise with more readily available and popular meats.

Where in the US?

Literally A Person posted:

What does dolphin taste like?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

basically dogs you can ride like motorcycles

Lol

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
i think whales were originally deers

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I wish horses and also maybe some dogs sounded like tauntauns

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

tbh I mainly wish I could make other people's dogs sound like tauntauns

Lmao walkin their labradoodle and he just starts garbling on like a tauntaun to their bewilderment

Man, where's that useless superpower thread ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

YeahTubaMike posted:

Where in the US?

What does dolphin taste like?

Tastes like a smart fish. So like a carp but it's wearing poindexter glasses.