Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«490 »
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Billy Gnosis posted:

That is the only thing that makes me want to preorder but 100 is steep

You can spend 20k gold instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Minus1Minus1 posted:

Being unable to hang out much in person these days, my brother and I have been playing a ton of arena. Was kind of thinking about gifting him the beginnerís bundle for his birthday, but 1) I donít even know if gifting in arena is possible, and 2) maybe the mastery pass is a better value.

I know the mastery passes have been kind of variable in terms of value. Whatís the situation now?

The new pass looks to be decent value.

There's no way to gift things through arena afaik.

Just send him the cash.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I'm dumb

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 5, 2020

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

College Slice

thespaceinvader posted:

The new pass looks to be decent value.

There's no way to gift things through arena afaik.

Just send him the cash.

Why do that when you can just install a keylogger on his computer and hack into his account to buy it for him?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We shoulde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?

Nap Ghost

lmao I just went 2-0 in FNM with an unmodified Standard mono black Lurrus deck

Maybe the companion nerf isn't so bad

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

The teferi bundle actually seems like a decent value if you plan on playing a lot of limited and donít buy gems at a $100 bundle value. Basically 9.9k gems for $50 along with a card sleeve and a teferi mythic.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Elephant Ambush posted:

lmao I just went 2-0 in FNM with an unmodified Standard mono black Lurrus deck

Maybe the companion nerf isn't so bad

It's not terrible, it just blows Turn 3 though.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I knwo I shouldn't have left the FNM so late, all the fun decks are done for the day. I can't tell if my decks are awful or just all drawing terribly. at this point im 1-10 and just looking for a pity concede. I managed to lose 3 games with gruul, though I think Bo1 gruul is a different deck that I'm not playing

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

house of the dad posted:

The teferi bundle actually seems like a decent value if you plan on playing a lot of limited and donít buy gems at a $100 bundle value. Basically 9.9k gems for $50 along with a card sleeve and a teferi mythic.

It's nice to see a preorder that acknowledges the existence of limited but a shame that it does not offer clear value over the cheapest gem rate. Would it really hurt to give an extra draft token?

I guess if you dig into the weeds of the mastery pass there might be value there since there is a draft token at some point along the path, but if there was an obvious discount it would be an easy purchase for me. As it is I will hem and haw until release and probably just get the big pack of gems.

I guess they get my money either way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

SalTheBard posted:

Nah you just put him in your hand whenever you have the mana and not much else to do

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

despite spaceinvader's effort post, I think I'm confused - are they not doing a pre-order where I just pay a slight discount for a bunch of packs ahead of time? Is the mastery pass the only thing that's pre-order-able this time around?

Wacky Delly
Apr 2, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

It's having much less of an impact on all the Lurrus variants I've made than I expected it to.

EDIT:

sephiRoth IRA posted:

despite spaceinvader's effort post, I think I'm confused - are they not doing a pre-order where I just pay a slight discount for a bunch of packs ahead of time? Is the mastery pass the only thing that's pre-order-able this time around?

There's a 50 packs for $49.99 along with a Liliana. It's not a "deal" in that you're getting more packs for less than if you paid with gems. I believe it works out to the same per pack as buying the $100 worth of gems.

Wacky Delly fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 6, 2020

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

sephiRoth IRA posted:

The Liliana pre-order is discounted by a bit

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

I'm a dummy, that's all. Didn't see the huge stack of packs behind Liliana. Got too distracted by that hot Teferi sleeve.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

holy poo poo, just lost a brawl game to Purphoros, he had him in play, and in 1 turn, cast Anax, Neheb, and a bunch of other poo poo in 1 turn, hitting for like 24 at once. That can't happen more than once a decade, right?

brawl is apparently too cutthroat for me. Lost to loving Purphoros of all things, lost to a nicol bolas that I killed 5 times, lost to temur guy because I forgot chandra emblems, auto-conceded to niv mizzet, and then an ashiok deck got a thief of sanity on turn 3 after he went first and ate my entire deck.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 6, 2020

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

OMG I hate variance lol. I hit plat 3 then lost a string of games that almost made me lose plat 4 until I finally blew up a mutate deck. This is exhausting sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Shakeups are really fun, I grinded from silver to diamond tonight after not playing ranked the last month. Like two losses? One I mana screwed against a Yorion deck that removed Yorion but not the twenty loving extra cards, the other I lost hard to dimur playing I unno nine hundred removal/counters and also this card I've never seen before that brings back 2 sorc/inst from gy.

Turns out when you aren't up against loving fires deck that can nightmare tempo and board wipe on turn 4 Gruul can do work. New Dino rules hard.

I think the tracker only picked up plat and then the two historic fnm.

kater fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 6, 2020

«490 »