Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

fridge corn posted:

Drafting is loving miserable. I love putting together a deck I think is actually alright and then going 0-3

If you have the time and inclination Id watch some draft videos. They can be very helpful in understanding a format without spending money on it.

Maybe also post your decks here, if you want some advice. With the 17lands plugin you can even share your entire draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

https://www.cbr.com/magic-the-gathering-arena-previews-historic-anthology-v-cards/

Dragonstorm, Grisly Salvage, Jin-Gitaxias and Relic of Progenitus confirmed for Historic. Relic is a huge upgrade to Soul-Guide Lantern (especially against Rogues) so I expect it to see a lot of play. Jin-Gitaxias is a strong target to cheat into play, and Grisly Salvage is a classic reanimator target. Dragonstorm could be funny with Irencreg Feat but it's obviously a tough ask at 9 mana. On the plus side you can deal infinite damage at 2 stormcount with Terror of the Peaks + 2 Bladewing the Risens!

If you're feeling dead ill be your reanimator I've got a way to bring you to life

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kurash posted:

If you're interested in playing the god awful theme event for the Japanese card-styles, I can recommend this abomination:

Things like creatures, planeswalkers and things that aren't interaction just Do Not Matter in this clownshoes format.

thank you for this stupid deck

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I hope they ban pact cause I've already pulled 4 of them and have no interest in boring combo decks.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fridge corn posted:

Drafting is loving miserable. I love putting together a deck I think is actually alright and then going 0-3

Show us the deck

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

PRETTY SURE THAT ONE'S SARCASM, BOSS

I put together something bad for the event and gotta say, seems like a surprising number of decks can't beat a bunch of Dragon's Approaches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 12, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Oh loving hell no, not Dragonstorm again. gently caress that deck forever.