Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
I use Lullmage’s Domination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao just play Baral and farm instant concessions 10x faster if you’re gonna go ahead and play Mono-U

Oh I guess regular brawl exists… yeah

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Are playing those commanders actually fun? Sure you can get wins but is it worth the cost.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Storm the festival can put grafted identity onto the battlefield with no targeting and no chance to react.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Had a couple really good drafts today. Went 5-3 with the UB zombies and 6-3 with the WR!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Saw a cool looking mono black deck in cgb's latest video. Took a while but actually found a decklist for it and after some google translate and fixing that poo poo up I'm going to paste it here too.

4 Eyetwitch (STX) 70
2 Shambling ghast (AFR) 119
4 Jadar Ghoul Caller of Nephalia (MID) 108
3 Sedgemoor Witch (STX) 86
2 Morbid Opportunists (MID) 113
4 Deadly Dispute (AFR) 94
4 Village Rites (KHM) 117
4 Warlock Class (AFR) 125
4 Meat Hook Massacre (MID) 112
4 Rotten Reunion (MID) 119
4 Eaten Alive (MID) 99
14 Swamp (MID) 382
2 Agadeem’s Awakening (ZNR) 90
2 Hostile Hostel (MID) 264
2 Hive of the Eye Tyrant (AFR) 258
1 Field of Ruin (XLN) 254

Sideboard
1 Necrotic Fumes (STX) 78
1 Confront the Past (STX) 67
2 Pest Summoning (STX) 211
1 Environmental Science (STX) 1
1 Mascot Exhibition (STX) 5
1 Introduction to Prophecy (STX) 4

e - fix formatting, now it will paste.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 24, 2021

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Got my first trophy recorded on 17L! With the deck full of bombs I got around to playing. I could have won game 8 which hurt, made 3 big obvious punts, but my last game was against a naya deck (???) that kinda fell over and didn't ever scare me. Esper colors are real, at least at my low level. I'm gonna take my winnings and get that Gisa emote pack in her honor for winning me at least 1/2 of my games.
https://www.17lands.com/details/8d1b4dc89fb14501aed66ec7b2612fc4

Dracula Factory fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 24, 2021

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Just had a hilarious combo played on me. Myriad Construct, First Day of Class, and some number of 1 mana instants to target the Myriad Construct. If you full control, each 1 mana instant causes the 1/1s to spawn. Then First Day of class gives them all +1/+1 counters and haste.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Meathook Massacre is quite a card, huh. Added a couple to my otherwise-unchanged 2022 Rakdos snow deck and it feels real good again.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Meathook Massacre is 'Doomskar but way better' and is a warcrime and a half.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

With three Kessig Naturalists do I just play ALL the wolves? Or is the one drop (snarling wolf) not good enough?

https://www.17lands.com/pool/8583a820eb464ac1a329c32aa8f96c74

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Just played 5 games, 4 were against the Wrenn and Seven WUB deck, which streamer is playing that today?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wouldn't that be a WUBG deck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Eej posted:

Wouldn't that be a WUBG deck

The new MTG themed battle royale

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

The trophy winning decks from the metagame challenge are starting to hit the sites that do that kind of thing. That Rakdos midrange deck I posted on the last page is one of em. It's real spicy, and of all the current good standard decks it's my favorite to play. Updated Bant party is probably #2 at the moment.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Cuts? I'm thinking

cathar commando
unruly mob
startle
galedrifter maybe
??

How good is the sifters mending all graveyard approach anyway? Should I cut the non disturb things instead and go all in?

Already cut third trapper, and some 5 drops in soul guide gryff and stormrider spirit.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cuts? I'm thinking

cathar commando
unruly mob
startle
galedrifter maybe
??

How good is the sifters mending all graveyard approach anyway? Should I cut the non disturb things instead and go all in?

Already cut third trapper, and some 5 drops in soul guide gryff and stormrider spirit.

You're on the right track. If you can get sifters going reliably they're insane

PS that is a fuckin NICE pile bud

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sludge Monster kicks mega rear end

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cuts? I'm thinking

cathar commando
unruly mob
startle
galedrifter maybe
??

I have some bad news for you

Faithful Mending sucks

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cuts? I'm thinking

cathar commando
unruly mob
startle
galedrifter maybe
??

Cut (5 cuts right?)
Mob
Flare of Faith
Geistwave
Faithful mending x2

You might be able to make an argument that galedrifter isn't as good as stormrider spirit, but i think that's pretty marginal, all things considered.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

mending is alright if you have the big stack of sifters

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
Would also like some help with cuts here (need 4)

The pile seems pretty aggro leaning so probably need to remove some of the more defensive/do nothing cards. looking at removing:
snarling wolf
celestus sanctifier
beloved beggar (doesn't seem to fit with the deck)
brood weaver maybe??

reluctant to remove candlelit cav since its my only big boy :(

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report:

1-3 with the UW above, after cutting the mendings and some other stuff. Pretty poor draws I think contributed, but it felt very underpowered and even after looting I never had time to deploy my creatures. Jumped right back in and went 7-1 with pretty good UB, again. :downs: Of all the times I've drafted it I've only been cut once so hard that it didn't overperform.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
ANTS ANTS ANTS update: got me my first 7 - 0 in ages!

I only got to play and use Growth in my very final game to beat a pretty silly GW deck that got both the GW 1/1 that lets your dudes tap for mana AND Adeline on the board early. Both of us ended up stuck on 2 mana for a turn but I was able to play two cards while he was on 2xforest and had to pass, so I was able to snowball my advantage til he stabilized on 3 life and just play grindy from there as he was forced to make suboptimal blocks or play into tricks to stay alive for the rest of the game. Ants into Growth with Startle held up won the game.

E: The worst part of being on an uncharacteristic winstreak is barely breaking into Diamond from this run because I started MID in Gold, and already playing only mythic players...I'm never gonna reach mythic at this rate lol I have no illusion that I can keep up this streak for long enough against most mythic-caliber players.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 25, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
What's up with the game no longer telling you if the opponent chose top or bottom when they scry? Gotta be a bug, right? I know I've seen it sometimes since MID but it definitely doesn't show you all the time anymore. I feel like it might still show you for scry amounts greater than 1? But otherwise you get no animation and no little bubble popping up saying top or bottom.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Drafted a pretty baller W/B sac deck. Still need two cuts. (Yes, there are two Mask of Grizzlebees in there :v: )

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

Drafted a pretty baller W/B sac deck. Still need two cuts. (Yes, there are two Mask of Grizzlebees in there :v: )

Cut a mask and a celestus sanctifier imo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It's me, the guy who lost a match because he forgot about candletrap's coven ability lmao

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Having fun in GW atm with Adeline and Unnatural Growth

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Having fun in GW atm with Adeline and Unnatural Growth

Adeline ftw

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

AlternateNu posted:

I'm not one to bitch about bad limited runs, but holy crap. Ended up going 2 - 3. First lost was getting stuck at 2 mana for three turns against another B/W deck that drew all the removal and still got them to 1 with four creatures on board...then they decide to topdeck Meathook. :argh: Second and third losses, I drew absolutely zero removal against decks that manage to turn one a Delver and immediately flip it. gently caress that noise.

Through all five games, I never drew a single Mask. Such a lost experience. :(

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 25, 2021

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, I'm not usually too bothered about my draft performance, as long as I can get at least 3 wins I'm pretty happy but it really sucks when you get to draft a sweet card and never get the opportunity to play with it :(

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Just had an epic draft game with my Izzet spells draft deck vs. an azorius deck. 20 minutes long, and the guy ended up decking himself after getting me to 1 life.

Been really enjoying this set for limited, a lot more than AFR. 75-50 so far in BO1 draft w/ 3 trophies which I'm pretty proud of since it's my best performance in draft.

Adun fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 25, 2021

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
Any idea why this Cyclone Summoner didn't clear the board? Just lost a game because the ability did nothing.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

only guess is you cast it from exile off of the binder

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wolfman101 posted:

Any idea why this Cyclone Summoner didn't clear the board? Just lost a game because the ability did nothing.

I'm assuming because you cast it from exile via the spellbinder, not from hand

efb

wolfman101
Feb 8, 2004

PCXL Fanboy
That would be it. Thanks.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I had the most amazing RG you could possibly make in trad draft. Tolvarr, werewolf planeswalker, primal adversary, 3 kessig naturalists... basically everything you could ask for besides the wolf titan

Still got crushed by an normal UB deck. It didnt even feel remotely fair

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I dont like the wren and seven deck that everyone is playing, whats good against it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Simone Poodoin posted:

I dont like the wren and seven deck that everyone is playing, whats good against it?

CGB's recent mono white aggro list has lots of exiling removal that hits their tokens, pumps your team and the sungold sentinal can sneak past to finish them off.

Deck
17 Snow-Covered Plains
1 Legion Angel
4 Luminarch Aspirant
4 Skyclave Apparition
2 Reidane, God of the Worthy
4 Usher of the Fallen
4 Faceless Haven
4 Elite Spellbinder
4 Stonebinder's Familiar
2 Portable Hole
2 Cave of the Frost Dragon