Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sampatrick posted:

one of the best decks in the format is gruul aggro

It's amazing what good lands and a 0-cost 2/2 can do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

As with literally every other format in magic, the best thing you can be doing in historic is going to be either Lurrus or Yorion.

Definitely not.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
Jeskai bullshit is cleaning house in historic right now from what I'm seeing on Twitch and in game, but at least I got two people to concede today by throwing down an Ulamog so I'm happy with that.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sampatrick posted:

one of the best decks in the format is gruul aggro

Was

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

so far, its still good. it has a floor on how far it can fall with the ability to kill on turn 4 through interaction

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i hate myself for saying this but i actually hope they put magus of the moon in arena

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sampatrick posted:

i hate myself for saying this but i actually hope they put magus of the moon in arena

I agree and don't hate myself

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ulamog has no animation.

gently caress this game.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Was just listening to the original song in GTAV Online so this is perfect timing for a parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nwtHai3fMc

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Jeskai Lurrus deck is pretty good though

Featherless Feather deck

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Time posted:

Kayas ghostform doesn’t swing for 2, I’m ending this game on turn 4 with Benalish Marshall instead of playing a value pile in the field format.

Lurrus and bodyguard put decks relying on a sweeper, or trading off early, into bad positions. When you are in a matchup where you just need to race them before they go off, bodyguard is way better

Where's the list?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mat Cauthon posted:

Where's the list?

im making a new deck and playing it for 5 games befor getting a shiny new idea to distract me and do it all over again, as we all should be

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Jeez I'm seeing some real fuckin' cute players today in the top 1000.

One person used Oven+Firstborn+Ghostform to permanently steal my Priest of Forgotten Gods on their Turn 2.

Another person beat me with Mono Red Yorion. You read that correctly, they had Yorion as companion just to style on me that they could win with 80 red cards. Oh and with 80 cards he still had two Fervent Champs on turn 2.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

this deck is hilariously rude, everyone should build it immediately

edit: yes, foolish person, brazen borrower is a great idea when i have open mana and two alesids on board

edit: alesids + lurrus is just loving brutal

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 21, 2020

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Zero VGS posted:

One person used Oven+Firstborn+Ghostform to permanently steal my Priest of Forgotten Gods on their Turn 2.

Another person beat me with Mono Red Yorion. You read that correctly, they had Yorion as companion just to style on me that they could win with 80 red cards. Oh and with 80 cards he still had two Fervent Champs on turn 2.

It’s to trick people into keeping bad hands, although I guess they could also play an uncastable companion to style on people.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sedisp posted:

Ulamog has no animation.

gently caress this game.

This is incredibly hosed up

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Mono green almost pioneer devotion is by no means good, but it has some really funny highrolls including the turn 3 ulamog that made my opponent spam emotes a me

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
"here is my whole hand, do you win or lose now"

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Simone Poodoin posted:

They added a "view battlefield" button to the victory/defeat screen, cool.

Neat. Now they just need to add that button to the Keep Opening Hand screen, because I have not memorized what every single companion does and sometimes I'd like to be able to look at them when deciding whether or not to mulligan.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The nervous sweat drop as Hammer Bro tries to remember if Zirda, Zaheera, Roblox or Jegantha are his mortal nemesis or not as the timer ticks down

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Deck
4 Castle Garenbrig (ELD) 240
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
18 Forest (UND) 96
4 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
4 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
2 Finale of Devastation (WAR) 160
4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger (BFZ) 15
4 Leyline of Abundance (M20) 179
4 Voracious Hydra (M20) 200
4 Questing Beast (ELD) 171
4 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178

I cannot stop laughing at the games this quick pile is producing

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Yeah, I'm running into a lot of folks trying to reanimate Ulamog buuut it's so easy to just straight up cast him before T5 with Nissa.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Did anyone else have to download nearly 2GB? Is this for card art (I see on Twitch there are no animations)?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you want an extra angle of attack you can sneak in a few copies of Steel-Leaf in there.

Actually, Elfbol should be pretty good now with all the extra HA3 elves right?

e: nevermind all the elves were in HA2

Eej fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 21, 2020

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Did the godzilla card rewards end? I just started a premier draft and I don't think I got one.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Eej posted:

If you want an extra angle of attack you can sneak in a few copies of Steel-Leaf in there.

Actually, Elfbol should be pretty good now with all the extra HA3 elves right?

e: nevermind all the elves were in HA2

cut steel leaf because it was just a non factor. the hydras replaced them and have felt great

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Wolfsbane posted:

Did the godzilla card rewards end? I just started a premier draft and I don't think I got one.

They sure did, with that latest downtime I think.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did Nexus get any cool stuff in HA3 or Ikoria? I can’t really think of anything.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

endlessmonotony posted:

They sure did, with that latest downtime I think.

Well poo poo. Still, I have 15 of them I think. That'll have to do.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Wolfsbane posted:

Well poo poo. Still, I have 15 of them I think. That'll have to do.

I guarantee that they'll be for sale at some point.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yeah, but it's no fun if I buy them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Zero VGS posted:

I laughed at this a lot, thanks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I finally started playing mono black Lurrus seriously because all my daily goals were to play black cards and holy gently caress is Kaya's Ghostform on Lurrus just b-roke.

It's not that I didn't believe any of you it's just that seeing it happen and watching people either not know how to deal with it or just concede to it is pretty amazing.

One person tried to Banishing Light Lurrus and I laughed pretty hard when they realized it didn't work and then conceded :laugh:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

fadam posted:

Did Nexus get any cool stuff in HA3 or Ikoria? I can’t really think of anything.

Sharknado

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

pointsofdata posted:

Narset is a much better design than teferi imo, despite also being very strong (I still don't love it)

It's also a mono-white card, except way better than if it was a white card because white's rule-setting until Drannith Magistrate (or Smothering Tithe, if you count that?) was always symmetrical while blue also gets to set rules and only their opponents have to follow them.

give white counterspells you cowards

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Elephant Ambush posted:

I finally started playing mono black Lurrus seriously because all my daily goals were to play black cards and holy gently caress is Kaya's Ghostform on Lurrus just b-roke.

If an opponent plays (or is forced to discard) all of their cards, try putting Kaya's Ghostform on Burglar Rat (or Fenlurker) and saccing it during their upkeep.

Then they can't play lands anymore :science:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Tip for Mono-B players: Sometimes you can just use Fiend Artisan to sac a dude and make X=0

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Hammer Bro. posted:

Neat. Now they just need to add that button to the Keep Opening Hand screen, because I have not memorized what every single companion does and sometimes I'd like to be able to look at them when deciding whether or not to mulligan.

It's there too

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I also want a way to be able to look at individual cards on the stack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Time posted:

Deck
4 Castle Garenbrig (ELD) 240
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
18 Forest (UND) 96