Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am not sure what to do with this Sealed pool. Oko probably means I should go UG but do I add R? Royal Scions and that dragon seem good, maybe splash that and the burn spells? Green seems lacking otherwise so is Oko even worth it

uncommons, rares, mythic rares

commons

fatherboxx posted:

MTG Arena, the Other Goose Game

I put +1/+1 counters on a goose and killed a planeswalker with it. Game is good

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The store seems to be busted because I tried to redeem my avatar and sleeve and it gave me an error message and then says the code has been redeemed but I don't have my poo poo. Seems like a lot of people are having issues with buying boosters and not receiving them too, so support's going to have a lot of fun. Not sure if I should go ahead and contact them or wait for an official response that they already know and can fix things on their end.

Update: They're definitely aware, and you shouldn't buy or redeem anything until they fix it imo.

SEP 26 - Store Errors
Investigating - We are currently investigating reports of degraded performance when players attempt to make purchases and/or redeem codes. Players may see a "Store Error: An Unknown Error" message at this time.

Please wait a few minutes before attempting to try again. If you receive a "Code Redeem Success" message before experiencing the error, you should eventually receive your items.

Update2: Went back to the store and got the card sleeve and avatar, so the issue may not be that significant.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 26, 2019

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

fatherboxx posted:

MTG Arena, the Other Goose Game

Titled Goose Game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did they make the cat sleep permanently after rotation? :(

Edit: Also lol I have 30 orbs to place in the M20 mastery tree and the animation takes so long

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 26, 2019

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
have played several games with oko and beginning to think this card is busted lol

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did they make the cat sleep permanently after rotation? :(

Edit: Also lol I have 30 orbs to place in the M20 mastery tree and the animation takes so long

Cat survived.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mandatory lesbian posted:

have played several games with oko and beginning to think this card is busted lol

what are you using as payoff for oko? I found voracious hydra to be pretty funny and it kind of makes me want to go full hydra but I am a very amateur deck builder

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The fox is also sleeping. Is this part of the prerelease lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Opened 174

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The UI for Fires of Invention is pretty terrible, there has to be a better way of showing that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm bad at Magic, why is Oko so good? I could see alternating between the +2 to create a food and then +1 to turn it into a 3/3 creature, but that takes 2 turns

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

zoux posted:

Opened 174

i'm guessing the commons and uncommons are pwalker deck cards?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

SalTheBard posted:

I'm bad at Magic, why is Oko so good? I could see alternating between the +2 to create a food and then +1 to turn it into a 3/3 creature, but that takes 2 turns

He's a huge nuisance that comes in at 3 mana and just sticks around making resources and loving with things unless you can remove him, which is hard

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
if you have two okos you're guaranteed a swap too. really stupid.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Rakdos aggro deck feels strong as heck which means I'm gonna craft it and then it will promptly fall out of meta in a week.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The pets now go to sleep when you mute your opponent.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well I burned through all 12 of my Play Any Deck games, whoever designed this event knew the best way to get me to want to crack a bunch of packs.

Went 6-6 with Henge, but I think I could definitely play better once I have a better idea of the other decks being played. This was the version I ended with

If I have four mana turn 3 it's pretty likely I start steamrolling and if I get a T5 Henge it's pretty explosive. Garenbrig is also very good at marginal gains, that one extra mana came into play in more than a few games.

Unless there's something that cracks this deck wide-open I think it might be a daily driver for me, Ceratops being extremely resilient to Simic Flash already has me enjoying things a lot more

GimmickMan posted:

The pets now go to sleep when you mute your opponent.

lol why

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well I burned through all 12 of my Play Any Deck games, whoever designed this event knew the best way to get me to want to crack a bunch of packs.

Went 6-6 with Henge, but I think I could definitely play better once I have a better idea of the other decks being played. This was the version I ended with

If I have four mana turn 3 it's pretty likely I start steamrolling and if I get a T5 Henge it's pretty explosive. Garenbrig is also very good at marginal gains, that one extra mana came into play in more than a few games.

Unless there's something that cracks this deck wide-open I think it might be a daily driver for me, Ceratops being extremely resilient to Simic Flash already has me enjoying things a lot more

have you thought about putting oko in here

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flatluigi posted:

what are you using as payoff for oko? I found voracious hydra to be pretty funny and it kind of makes me want to go full hydra but I am a very amateur deck builder

im still tuning the deck, im not really bothering with food synergy beyond gilded goose so oko is just a hard to kill dude who steals creatures and makes food, and makes food into creatures

if i was playing a hydra i'd absolutely go with hydroid krasis, drawing cards rules

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Wave posted:

i'm guessing the commons and uncommons are pwalker deck cards?

Nah, missing some set ones as well.

Love that every single flash player is actually the Danish prince Hamlet, launching into a soliloquy whether to counter or not to counter for every card I play

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mandatory lesbian posted:

im still tuning the deck, im not really bothering with food synergy beyond gilded goose so oko is just a hard to kill dude who steals creatures and makes food, and makes food into creatures

if i was playing a hydra i'd absolutely go with hydroid krasis, drawing cards rules

oh krasis is 100% in the deck i'm brewing, I bring up voracious hydra because with oko out you can end up with a t4 7/7 or a 5/5 that killed a thing when it came in

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

flatluigi posted:

oh krasis is 100% in the deck i'm brewing, I bring up voracious hydra because with oko out you can end up with a t4 7/7 or a 5/5 that killed a thing when it came in

ah yeah that all sounds good, ive been trying to be more midrangish with nissa and questing beast at the top, if i wanted to be more rampy i'd prob be more along the lines you appear to be going

honestly i'll prob go that route eventually, not playing krasis has to be a mistake now that i'm thinking about it

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
If you activate wishclaw talisman while your Teferi's bounce ability is on the stack, the bounce still resolves because it doesn't leave play when it changes control, right? Seems pretty good for esper control, or is it too slow?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Think I'm the rear end in a top hat who opened the nuts sealed pool:

Also have a Giant Opportunity but don't think I have enough food to justify it, basically, only could add a Gingerbrute there. Have a better food package in black, but Grumgully is just bonkers.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

Also have a Giant Opportunity but don't think I have enough food to justify it, basically, only could add a Gingerbrute there. Have a better food package in black, but Grumgully is just bonkers.

you got ole rimrock obama there

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Not much is beating Charlie's "It is nearly impossible for me to not play 2+ bombs" pool I don't think

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

If you activate wishclaw talisman while your Teferi's bounce ability is on the stack, the bounce still resolves because it doesn't leave play when it changes control, right? Seems pretty good for esper control, or is it too slow?

You can just bounce it after you've wished it's not like control matters for targetting.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Kalli posted:

Nothing better than skullknocker ogre? Giving cards to the opponent seems bad to me.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Eej posted:

You can just bounce it after you've wished it's not like control matters for targetting.

Whoops, yeah I was getting a little too clever there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Not much is beating Charlie's "It is nearly impossible for me to not play 2+ bombs" pool I don't think

If you're talking about the pool I posted above I went 1-3 with it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bugsy posted:

Nothing better than skullknocker ogre? Giving cards to the opponent seems bad to me.

Just a Fireborn Knight (not on 8 red sources), Wildwood Tracker and a bunch of the common artifact guys, Gingerbrute / Jousting Dummy / Henge Walker / Signpost Scarecrow. I figured with Sealed, might as well just be huge since the ground gets so gunked up. I might be wrong, but I am a Timmy at heart.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

And in my current sealed pool I am facing an opponent who played TWO revenge of ravens, is this the new Ill-Gotten Inheritance

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

sealed.jpg

Edit: Oh they drew a Great Henge so I guess I lose

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

why am i like this

its happened like a dozen times

s: What is that

OH BOY ILL GET GOOD AT CARDS AND ENJOY THAT

5 hours later
gently caress CARDS
it feels like every single person i play on the ranked ladder is like infinity better than me
and that its utterly hopeless

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

And in my current sealed pool I am facing an opponent who played TWO revenge of ravens, is this the new Ill-Gotten Inheritance

no, unlike IGI, it's actually good

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I have absolute analysis paralysis with this play any deck thing. There's so many cool decks and I have no idea what to play :ohdear:

I either wanna gently caress around with the Pyromancer deck people posted in here, do crazy goose/Oko poo poo or do knight tribal. :ohdear:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm tempted to try simic flash in the event just to see what it's like to be on the other side of the matchup I hate the most, but I'll probably go with something I actually think would be fun instead.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Zyla posted:

why am i like this

5 hours later
gently caress CARDS
it feels like every single person i play on the ranked ladder is like infinity better than me

it's a video game

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zyla posted:

why am i like this

5 hours later
gently caress CARDS

If you haven't decided to just quit playing the game since you're finding it frustrating, which would be a reasonable response, it might be a good idea to track your winrate for a bit and see if your perception matches up with reality. I'm not trying to say you're making poo poo up, but sometimes it can feel like you're losing a lot more than you're winning even if your winrate is close to 50% just because you focus too much on the negative to enjoy the positive. Obviously if you can't overcome that you shouldn't keep playing, since getting substantially over 50% in this game over the long term is very difficult given the matchmaking, but if your winrate is better than you think it is, maybe seeing that will help you feel better about your play.

Alternately, stick to the play queue if ranked is too stressful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I second keeping track of your W/L rate, it really helps to get perspective on things