Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Chamale posted:

I think Necromentia will be maindeck worthy for the Rogues deck. You'll get a nice look at your opponent's cards by milling them, and make an informed decision about what to exile.

I dont think you really need to mill your opponents cards to know what to exile. 95% of the time you can name what you need to name based on 1 or 2 land drops. Also that card probably shouldnt get played very often, especially not in a deck trying to connect with attackers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Bland posted:

What decks are people looking forward to trying tomorrow? I brewed up this monstrosity centred around Kaza, Roil Chaser of all cards. It's the perfect day 1 deck in the sense that it folds to the slightest amount of interaction, but nobody ever runs interaction when a new set comes out. I definitely want to try a Verazol deck too, though that might end up being more of a card for brawl than standard.

Orzhov Clerics is the obvious choice, but I think there's some Boros Aggro build that might shake out with all the new Warriors, Equipment, etc plus Winota.

thespaceinvader posted:

Yes however will mill rogues deal with enemy uros using the new card Shadow's Verdict which exiles enemy uros from everywhere except hand?

I still think they'll be everywhere, and I thnk they'll be annoying, but I very much doubt they'll be reliably winning everything in much the same way as mill decks haven't the whole time I've been playing despite having plenty of tech.

Cling to Dust is a cheap answer with some flexibility.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah, I don't think any deck with cheap creatures wants to spend 3 mana to not affect the board, except maybe by giving the opponent zombies. Like if you name Uro, you've slowed yourself down enough for them to still be able to Ugin, and if you name Ugin, you get Uro'd to death anyway.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I came back after a long while away because Covid is strangling my game options. Since I'm on the eve of rotation, Play mode is full of people with newer stuff in sets with way higher power spikes than when I left while I'm stuck playing old BUG midrange with Explore. Needless to say I'm getting stomped and might as well play bronze standard with my [checks notes] zero cards. Are any of the current precons worth a drat such that I could climb to silver before rotation?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I came back after a long while away because Covid is strangling my game options. Since I'm on the eve of rotation, Play mode is full of people with newer stuff in sets with way higher power spikes than when I left while I'm stuck playing old BUG midrange with Explore. Needless to say I'm getting stomped and might as well play bronze standard with my [checks notes] zero cards. Are any of the current precons worth a drat such that I could climb to silver before rotation?

The G, WR, and WB stock decks are pretty solid, although the latter two take a long time to unlock which isn't helpful if you don't have them yet. You can probably get to Silver with the mono-Green deck, though, especially if you can improve it with stuff like Ram Through over the lovely basic Rabid Bites.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

There's a throne of eldraine pack for 600 gold in the store at the moment.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

I'm wondering if Orzhov or Mardu Humans/Knights can be a deck. I want to jam my dude General Kudro, and there are both BW and RW pathway lands if I remember correctly.

Edit: the scrylands and triomes feel real bad to play in tribal decks though, so it will probably just end up losing to Uro piles. :argh:

Yoked fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 16, 2020

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In the past, the weekly reward cycle has reset along with the other reward bubbles right? Or is it just the daily quests that get refreshed

The Klowner fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 16, 2020

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I learned something new about a card that is in some of my brawl decks and is rotating out. Namely that plaguecrafter does make you discard a card if it is played on an empty board.

After that I played someone who didn't read their questing beast and attacked my planeswalkers directly with it.

Also a reminder: the standard event is ending. So if you still have a teferi deck queued up from before rotation, you need to play it today.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

The Klowner posted:

In the past, the weekly reward cycle has reset along with the other reward bubbles right? Or is it just the daily quests that get refreshed

both afaik

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

The Klowner posted:

Both do, since it's a new track that the XP is counting towards

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Klowner posted:

both get refreshed so finish off dailies and your 15 wins tonight

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Time posted:

I dont think you really need to mill your opponents cards to know what to exile. 95% of the time you can name what you need to name based on 1 or 2 land drops. Also that card probably shouldnt get played very often, especially not in a deck trying to connect with attackers

Not terribly related but: I've been absolutely farming Solemnity combo in Mythic Historic. These decks are extremely bad and their plan is honestly very stupid, but there are absolutely decks that cannot beat this lock G1 so I see why it's being played.

Well, last night I cam across an Esper version that Ixalan Binding my Karn, then Necrologia for my Ulamog (blind, just guessing at my MD 1 of I guess), then right as I was thinking "ok this is gonna be a long game but I got it" they untap and cast Unmoored Ego and took all my Arkbow Rangers! I was so impressed at this pile of 40 bad cards and some WoGs that I had to hand it to em. Deck is still trash, they just drew the perfect balance of exactly what they needed in a Bo1 but still, very funny.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Uhg, one of those days where I made this feel like work by being so close to mythic. I'm in diamond 1 right now and would like to get in before the meta changes.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Uhg, one of those days where I made this feel like work by being so close to mythic. I'm in diamond 1 right now and would like to get in before the meta changes.

another platinum-3 finish for me i think lol

i've still never made mythic

i'm not very good at magic, i've only made diamond by just grinding Best.Dek.

I'm grinding Jund right now but so is everyone else except for the decks metagamed to beat Jund

That said, I have 18,000 gold and 14,000 gems and a mastery pass queued up for tomorrow -- I guess I should go read LSV's draft analysis. Maybe this is the month i get out of bronze in limited, a format I tell myself I hate to make up for my inability to read pods.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The ranked season doesn't end for two weeks.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

I guess this may be where I start for my General Kudro deck:

https://twitter.com/yoman_5/status/1304440177864122368?s=20

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The interface no longer stacks basics with different art, maximum tilt possible now

perc2
May 16, 2020

If any of you MTGA fans fancy checking out a new online CCG, Mythgard is releasing its first expansion on Friday. It has an elegant solution to flood/screw and a very generous F2P economy, I made a thread if you want a breakdown.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Yoked posted:

I guess this may be where I start for my General Kudro deck:

https://twitter.com/yoman_5/status/1304440177864122368?s=20

Hes got 50 decks made up.

if you dont feel like scrolling through twitter.
https://infinite.tcgplayer.com/article/50-Decks-for-Zendikar-Rising/caaa1ed6-f895-4171-86dd-e752157624e5

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

An omnath in standard with this landbase seems wild.

But I love the card so gently caress it lets do it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Triomes make playing Omnath very easy IMO

https://twitter.com/bnelsonmtg/status/1306261944991703042?s=21

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I really hate this Historic meta now tbqh

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Yeah, I'm expecting something pretty gnarly with the new Omnath, Uro, Ugin and other land accelerators like Lotus Cobra, Dryad of the Elysian Grove, Azusa, etc. Hardest part is keeping your card draw high enough but I'm sure there's probably a Landfall card I haven't seen with that effect.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Yeah, I'm expecting something pretty gnarly with the new Omnath, Uro, Ugin and other land accelerators like Lotus Cobra, Dryad of the Elysian Grove, Azusa, etc. Hardest part is keeping your card draw high enough but I'm sure there's probably a Landfall card I haven't seen with that effect.

At some point I begin to wonder how much ramp is too much ramp, but there's also Cultivate, Escape to the Wilds and Radha to help with the land draw. I feel like the white and blue would just be splashes from duals/triomes.

If only there were a land that would create a 2/2 every time you put another land down.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

After jamming a few games with it just to try to clear out my xp bonuses at the last minute, gotta say I expect Uroventures is gonna be a better adventure shell than RUG

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

I would have killed him on turn 3 without him doing double-Thoughtseize but those certainly didn't help

edit: decklist, I'm too cheap to craft more Dreadhorde. As-is it's 2 uncommon and 1 rare. Could make it all common.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 16, 2020

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

That's alot of tapped lands in the early days of a format where aggro is usually very prevalent. But I don't care I'm crafting four omnath s

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This feels like a Hemingway prompt, six magic cards telling the story of a drunk ex showing up at a wedding

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
LSV and Day9 are streaming some of the new standard and they’re testing out the new rogue deck and so far it looks p good. Played a kroxa deck and an uro deck. The thieves guild enforcer was on board which is ideal obv, so it had no trouble refilling GY to maintain pressure w/ counters to hold off the titans long enough to clean up.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Bawl of the Day: I'm pretty sure the renewal egg used to clink when you clicked it last year, and now it doesn't

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Funkdreamer posted:

Bawl of the Day: I'm pretty sure the renewal egg used to clink when you clicked it last year, and now it doesn't

They remove this but the preorders show you as forever having unopened packs until release day

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

It says 2021 Standard ends in 15 hours; does that mean my packs will unlock at that time or do they unlock at 12:01 EST?

Wanna know if I should just go to bed or stay up and do an unboxing video?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shrecknet posted:

This feels like a Hemingway prompt, six magic cards telling the story of a drunk ex showing up at a wedding

Lmao

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

I’m pretty sure the set goes live at 8AM PST tomorrow so no need to stay up tonight.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Kinda wanna buy a preorder pack but also this set seems pretty unexciting despite MDFCs being insanely powerful

waloo
Mar 15, 2002
Your Oedipus complex will prove your undoing.

Zero VGS posted:

I would have killed him on turn 3 without him doing double-Thoughtseize but those certainly didn't help

edit: decklist, I'm too cheap to craft more Dreadhorde. As-is it's 2 uncommon and 1 rare. Could make it all common.

What would you replace the Dreadhorde with if you were going to make it all common/uncommon? I guess by extension, what would you replace the Thud with if you wanted to go all Common?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I assume this is the last day to decide if I wanna open the wallet for some Amonkhet full art lands

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast

waloo posted:

What would you replace the Dreadhorde with if you were going to make it all common/uncommon? I guess by extension, what would you replace the Thud with if you wanted to go all Common?
Any cheap creatures that get fueled by instants and sorceries, like Ghitu Lavarunner, Thermo-Alchemist, Electrostatic Field, Young Pyromancer, etc. Guttersnipe is pretty funny too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Thermo-Alch fuckin owns and is probably my favorite individual card on Arena. A true pimp and an absolute king of a guy