Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I know it isn't good but I've won two games now casting Righteousness and then Flinging my defender at the opponent for lethal. This most recent game I was able to cast 2 Righteousness on a Erratic Cyclops and then Fling it for 16 damage. Ha! :P

Bo1 obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hmm fling v field meta?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SageNytell posted:

Mind posting the decklist? I'm looking for something similar for faffing about with but I can't make out all the names and I'm too recently back to the game to recognize the art.

Here, I refined it a tad too. I cut a few of the extraneous x1 cards and kept the mana simple. This is easier to use as a base. This also brings it down to just two rares and two mythic rares. I think it's really effective relative to the crazy low amount of (relevant) wildcards you have to use on it. I'd say the Senate Griffins, Time Wipes, and Azorius Skyguard are swappable within their mana costs if you want to try other big flyers or sorceries. I also might swap the Winged Words back to Wardens, hard to say. But I'd say this is a great start point.

4x Empyrean Eagle
3x Azorius Skyguard
2x Senate Griffin
4x Faerie Miscreant
2x Mu Yanling, Sky Dancer
4x Cloudkin Seer
2x Winged Words
3x Trapped in the Tower
4x Faerie Vandal
4x Elite Guardmage
2x Heraldic Banner
2x Time Wipe
13x Island
11x Plains

I'd say the Senate Griffins, Time Wipes, and Azorius Skyguard are swappable for just about anything within their mana costs. I also might swap the Winged Words back to Wardens, hard to say. But I'd say this is a great start point. In my experience you can get away without mana fixing in this setup 90% of the time. Although of if you have extra WCs that's an area to improve.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Can't believe no one is complaining about Knight of the Ebon Legion, card's broken as absolute gently caress.

Good early and late, buffable to the moon, deathtouch, knight tribe. Feels like it should've been a 1/1 but then someone went ehhhhhh let's turn it into the most obnoxious bullshit.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I can not find it on google is mythic ranking based on win percentage or some esoteric formula?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
you get a secret rank number, it goes up when you win and down when you lose

your ranking in mythic is based on who's number is bigger

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

This list is SWEET and I’m cleaning up gold with a super bad version. I don’t have any Wildborn Preservers so I’m just running more Domri, and I don’t have Hellkites so I’m just running Cavalier of Thorns and an Ilharg and I am absolutely smashing every Field of the Dead deck and pretty much everything else, I’m like 10-2 so far.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

This list is SWEET and I’m cleaning up gold with a super bad version. I don’t have any Wildborn Preservers so I’m just running more Domri, and I don’t have Hellkites so I’m just running Cavalier of Thorns and an Ilharg and I am absolutely smashing every Field of the Dead deck and pretty much everything else, I’m like 10-2 so far.

For what it's worth, that deck loses super hard to my stompy deck, although I'm not entirely sure why. Mostly because great henge is busted , I think. Either way your matchups against durdly fields and fires are just as good, plus the simic flash matchup is better. I also don't have the cards for proper testing, but I assume like stompy you get outclassed by dedicated midrange decks (i.e. UG and bant ramp also there's an abzan midrange deck that I run into very occasionally that eats my face). What makes the gruul and stompy decks so good right now is that they can play both the aggro and midrange game competently, though actual midrange decks can still go over the top of you. At least for now though the meta has pushed dedicated midrange pretty far to the margins, so you mostly don't see your worst matchup.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Kawabata posted:

Can't believe no one is complaining about Knight of the Ebon Legion, card's broken as absolute gently caress.

Good early and late, buffable to the moon, deathtouch, knight tribe. Feels like it should've been a 1/1 but then someone went ehhhhhh let's turn it into the most obnoxious bullshit.

it's extremely good, but it's not game-breaking

probably the best one-drop in standard, but it's a substantial mana sink and you're not going to actually get many counters on it

(my other choice for best one-drop is probably pelt collector, because it's gonna stack up a lot more counters and be a real rear end in a top hat)

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 9, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bust Rodd posted:

That's like VTCLA's thing, he somehow manages to come up with meta-specific crushers that do their job really well and then fade as things start moving on.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
I’ve been a Golos Field stan since M20 but I have to concede Standard is a garbage fire right now. There’s no world where 50 minute matches to climb out of gold 4 is cool and good. And it doesn’t help that my last match I almost won and then got the disconnect and can’t reconnect bug.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Apart from Golos Fields I'm digging the meta. Jeskai Superfriends and Gruul have been my jam for awhile now, and they're both Tier 1.5 so I'm content.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Field would be be a lot less annoying if they didn't have Krasis to stabilise

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hate this standard because between Field and Cavalcade decks, there is absolutely no room for bullshit gimmick decks, and Eldraine is full of potential for said bullshit gimmick decks

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Well I (playing RB aggro) just got thoroughly owned by uh... UG self mill feat. arclight phoenix and creeping chill? Every time I thought I'd figured out what my opponent was doing they did something else that made me go "wait what"

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Kawabata posted:

It doesn't have deathtouch?? It being knight tribe hardly ever comes up??? One extra toughness still has it weak to most removal????

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cheen posted:

It doesn't have deathtouch?? It being knight tribe hardly ever comes up??? One extra toughness still has it weak to most removal????

It gains death touch when you pump it.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Knight of the Ebon Legion was way more terrifying in previous standard in the vampire tribal since the curve of that deck was BRUTAL, now it is just a good 1-drop in a format where aggro doesnt have a full suit of good creatures (especially 2-slot in monoB).

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cheen posted:

It being knight tribe hardly ever comes up???

This is funny, because you're right.

It being a knight is rarely relevant. But it should be relevant because "knights" are one of the core themes and creature types of the new set. But the meta is still so dominated by certain other decks that nobody wants to run knights at all.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

tribal decks are often garbage, maybe you'll get some good knight cards in core 2022?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Right now knights are only good to waste the rare/mythic slot in your packs.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
imo knights are just a worse version of the white/blue flyers thing I was talking about earlier. At least beefy fliers have a decent chance of just soaring over blockers to victory. Same thing with the red/blue Improbable Faeries deck (just by swarm instead of strength).

But knights just get blocked and out valued.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Being a Knight gives it synergy with Fervent Champion in any Rakdos aggro list that runs both, and I think the current lists do.

That's just a happy coincidence of two good cards working together rather than knights being a thing though.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I don't think I've seen anyone drop the legendary "Syr" knights in red, blue or white before. Ever.

Seen the black and green ones a couple times though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/yoman_5/status/1181929861188710400

Friendship ended with GW adventures now BG adventures is my best fried

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I hate this standard because between Field and Cavalcade decks, there is absolutely no room for bullshit gimmick decks, and Eldraine is full of potential for said bullshit gimmick decks

Yeah, gimmick decks are fun. I've been experimenting recently with a deck using Giant Opportunity, and let me just say that it's pretty nice to get a 7/7 out by Turn 3.

Tom Gorman posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone drop the legendary "Syr" knights in red, blue or white before. Ever.

Seen the black and green ones a couple times though.

I've seen the red one a couple of times in Limited - it's actually pretty good in that format.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

At the end of a long horrible Golos mirror, my opponent plays their last Fae of Wishes to get Ashiok to mill me to death. This will win them the game next turn.

Except I then play my last Fae of Wishes to get Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, and win the game instead.

Fae of Wishes is real dumb for how effortlessly it fits in that deck.

e: also one of the things that finally made me quit Hearthstone for good was a card that says "wish for the perfect card", yet here we are

Veib fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 9, 2019

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

all of the non-green Syrs are good in limited, that’s not a question. None are good enough for constructed

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Veib posted:

e: also one of the things that finally made me quit Hearthstone for good was a card that says "wish for the perfect card", yet here we are

Thank you for supporting the people of Hong Kong.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
My experience with Magic is limited to a couple versions of the game on the old xbox live arcade, with about a hundred hours of premade decks.

How screwed am I going in?

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Drakenel posted:

My experience with Magic is limited to a couple versions of the game on the old xbox live arcade, with about a hundred hours of premade decks.

How screwed am I going in?

Probably fine. The precons from the old mtg game at least had a theme you could follow which will be similar to mtg arena with a large power spike. Red Cavalcade is a really cheap budget deck that requires very little thinking to pilot and if you figure out how to attack face you'll be fine.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Adventure decks feel like meme decks, they are just really janky midrange decks whose top end threat is... an 8/8 for 7 with no abilities? I know that said hot take tier list but that’s like surface of the sun.

I’d put it at Bant Golos is S-Tier,

Gruul and Jeskai are probs T1

Dance and Golgari are probably T2

Rakdos Knights is 2.5 and all the adventure decks are dump tier

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Golos was fun when it was a niche deck doing silly stuff, meh now. I think I'm going to make a UB psuedo-mill, psuedo-control deck. Mostly because itll only cost me some uncommon WCs and I can see if anything actually fun shakes out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He said GW Adventures was the best deck before the last SCG tourney and it won so, he may be wrong this time but I ain't talking poo poo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The adventure decks are big pile of two-for-ones with a card drawing engine, your big threats don't need to be super-impressive when you're just playing them consistently and answering your opponent at the same time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Broke: Food is the Energy of this set
Woke: Adventures are the Energy

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

Broke: Food is the Energy of this set
Woke: Adventures are the Energy

Broke: this set

Woke: still using Golos Fields

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Chomp8645 posted:

Broke: this set

Woke: still using Golos Fields

Bespoke: still waiting for someone to crack the case on Manse Dance Golos

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bust Rodd posted:

The Adventure decks feel like meme decks, they are just really janky midrange decks whose top end threat is... an 8/8 for 7 with no abilities? I know that said hot take tier list but that’s like surface of the sun.

I’d put it at Bant Golos is S-Tier,

Gruul and Jeskai are probs T1

Dance and Golgari are probably T2

Rakdos Knights is 2.5 and all the adventure decks are dump tier

The golgari adventures deck doesn't even play a huge creature, you just draw shitloads of cards off of innkeeper and then win with Rankle, Questing Beast and probably an early Lovestruck Beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Can you actually queue Historic yet? I've heard people say they've accidentally played it and there's a CFB video on it today, but I poked around the client for a bit couldn't figure out where it was hiding.