Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

641E2-DB239-BD6D6-BCFB7-930B9
641F4-2E050-E92AA-47178-C2C7D
641FF-8CED6-CD2A2-6105B-973F7
6420A-4EAE2-5FC94-43136-63AD5
64211-98521-C5C32-77AED-A5393
6421B-D5F67-89322-12529-7EB88

648D5-49107-95A3B-8A18E-D5ED5
648E9-1B1CC-6BFDD-70191-D32F8 - gone, thanks
648EF-45743-48CB6-54031-CE000
648F4-B4788-A53CC-A7430-700FD
648FE-3093B-F000B-052B2-B204A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Stupid chrome remote desktop wont let me click on the store tab and no way to put in codes on the app version of mtga.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Somberbrero posted:

i haven't done this in a while but i noticed we have a bunch of the free fnm codes left over and they keep expiring. please be cool and say when you take one. go support your lgs if you can, they should also be getting these codes. please don't ask for time spiral when you go because we do not have any :(

I took "6420A-4EAE2-5FC94-43136-63AD5". Most appreciated, Sombrerbrero.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Somberbrero posted:

i haven't done this in a while but i noticed we have a bunch of the free fnm codes left over and they keep expiring. please be cool and say when you take one. go support your lgs if you can, they should also be getting these codes. please don't ask for time spiral when you go because we do not have any :(

I just tried all of these and only the one second from the top hadn't been snagged:

quote:

641F4-2E050-E92AA-47178-C2C7D < yoink
641FF-8CED6-CD2A2-6105B-973F7 X
6420A-4EAE2-5FC94-43136-63AD5 X
64211-98521-C5C32-77AED-A5393
6421B-D5F67-89322-12529-7EB88 X

648D5-49107-95A3B-8A18E-D5ED5 X
648E9-1B1CC-6BFDD-70191-D32F8
648EF-45743-48CB6-54031-CE000
648F4-B4788-A53CC-A7430-700FD X
648FE-3093B-F000B-052B2-B204A
Thanks a bunch!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I just grabbed the top code, thanks!
I worked my way up from the bottom, and I think all the others were gone already.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bugsy posted:

Stupid chrome remote desktop wont let me click on the store tab and no way to put in codes on the app version of mtga.

you can use your mobile browser to log in to the wizards account page with your android login and enter the codes there and the redeemed packs will appear in your store page in the mtga app

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Man the people playing omniscience right now are giving their moves much more thinking time then the format deserves.

I suppose we now know which format divine gambit was printed for.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Is anyone else having issues in Arena with the Store section? Whenever I click on the Store tab it just goes to a black screen.

Sure seems like the client has gotten significantly buggier after the last update.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kecske posted:

you can use your mobile browser to log in to the wizards account page with your android login and enter the codes there and the redeemed packs will appear in your store page in the mtga app

Nice, thanks

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

took last little while off grinding ranked and now in bronze I am getting BTFO by players who have garbage cards instead of on-meta stuff.
Who runs Battle Display? Bronze players!
Who ran a Stonecoil Serpent into it while playing around Bonecrusher Giant? This guy!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I've been having trouble winning games lately because all I'm seeing in low gold is monowhite life gain and the monoblue deck I keep playing can't deal damage fast enough to keep up

I should just do a red burn deck until I get out of the rut, I guess that would be a counter to impassioned oras and leonin warleaders?

playing on my phone because my pc is still borked is not helping

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Just throw together another kind of deck and see what happens! Unless there's a specific reason you stick to just one deck?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I just haven't been playing much because playing on my phone sucks compared to pc and this deck got me through gold super easy last month

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
I actually love Momir but that Omniscience Constructed FNM event is masochism

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Revins posted:

I've been having trouble winning games lately because all I'm seeing in low gold is monowhite life gain and the monoblue deck I keep playing can't deal damage fast enough to keep up

I should just do a red burn deck until I get out of the rut, I guess that would be a counter to impassioned oras and leonin warleaders?

playing on my phone because my pc is still borked is not helping
Mono-white aggro/lifegain is very weak to dimir control and mono-black aura-aggro.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Funkdreamer posted:

Its fundamentally awful game design. There are so many cards in there that are just complete nonbos with omniscience. The stinky cherry on top is that there is literally no incentive for the opponent to even stick around if you start going off so you never even get to do cool poo poo.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Funkdreamer posted:

IMO, the morally correct thing to do is get your 2 wins, then immediately turn around and concede 5 more matches.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Huxley posted:

IMO, the morally correct thing to do is get your 2 wins, then immediately turn around and concede 5 more matches.

Conceding It Forward

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why the heck is thought distortion in here lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Just trophied on cube with wucontrol.dec, had 4 wraths + Approach of the Second Sun

Settle the Wreckage is an absolute house, multiple times I cast it and could feel my opponents soul leave their body through the screen

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the LRR PPR is starting, for those who want to see people play strixhaven for the first time publicly

https://twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I've done my eight concedes, it would be awesome to get the second win. My opponents have hit absolutely nut draws and despite aggressively mulliganing I've had poo poo luck. I hit Tegrid's Lantern (which would have been a T1 kill) but of course they happened to have that crush contraband in their opening hand. gently caress. :negative:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I've done my eight concedes, it would be awesome to get the second win. My opponents have hit absolutely nut draws and despite aggressively mulliganing I've had poo poo luck. I hit Tegrid's Lantern (which would have been a T1 kill) but of course they happened to have that crush contraband in their opening hand. gently caress. :negative:

if it helps, the lantern isn't a t1 kill, you only get WUBRG every turn for activated abilities

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Oh that's good to know! That takes the sting out of that bit at least.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Revins posted:

I just haven't been playing much because playing on my phone sucks compared to pc and this deck got me through gold super easy last month

The meta shifts constantly, and selection/confirmation bias is real; I hit mythic last month with bant CoCo angels and this month I can't get out of plat with it. Like elbkaida said just throw something else together and give it a whirl.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm probably just basic, but I got my 15 wins today in Omniscience. Other than the one rear end in a top hat who tried to rope me into conceding, it was good fun.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Funkdreamer posted:

There is probably nothing I have ever hated more in magic than this FNM poo poo

My store sent me the code in advance and said "just skip it lol"

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

it's super dumb. i just had such a nuts opener. psychic symbiont to make them discard, into domri to give it haste. opponent plays angel of dire hour to try and exile my symbiont, i play leave into dust to bounce it and draw. replay symbiont to discard their last card, play demanding dragon to pop them for five, ichthyomorphosis their angel, then plop down klothys for good measure

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Mulligan into Nicol Bolas seems fun.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Syrinxx posted:

There is probably nothing I have ever hated more in magic than this FNM poo poo

My store sent me the code in advance and said "just skip it lol"

hosed up that Wizards came up with an uncomplicated way of keeping customers interacting with their LGS tbh

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress kaldheim

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

VictualSquid posted:

Man the people playing omniscience right now are giving their moves much more thinking time then the format deserves.

It's totally this. With ~30sec turns it could actually be okayish.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Pararoid posted:

It's totally this. With ~30sec turns it could actually be okayish.

Play everything you can play. It's barely going to matter, since either you'll combo in to a win or they will, it's not like thinking about it matters at all. I dunno what takes so long. :shrug:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

If I collect 4 playsets of all rares for a set, can I then gold farm that set for wildcards indefinitely?

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Mat Cauthon posted:

This early in the season I find myself playing against a lot of people who have no idea how to properly pilot their decks in Diamond or Plat, which makes the field a lot softer at those higher levels.

I'm still on Azorious Auras, which doesn't feel quite as outmatched as it did even a couple of weeks ago. Not quite sure why, but the climb has been pretty smooth so far. Haven't tweaked the deck recently but I think the build that runs all 1 CMC auras is the way to go aside from All That Glitters, slowing down to cast Staggering Insight is rarely worth it.

Have you tried the UB lists? I haven't played UW at all; I enjoy UB.

A common line is to tap out for a sram or spiritdancer, let it die, then claim it back and double suit it up the next turn. Feels good.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

Baron Porkface posted:

If I collect 4 playsets of all rares for a set, can I then gold farm that set for wildcards indefinitely?

no, you'll start getting 20 gems instead of a rare. and slowly make vault progress https://magicarena.fandom.com/wiki/Vault

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
if all you care about is turning gold into gems it's certainly a way to do it, but it's more worth it to learn to draft instead

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Even if you go 0 wins in draft you get more gems than by turning 5 packs into 100 gems.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Have you tried the UB lists? I haven't played UW at all; I enjoy UB.

A common line is to tap out for a sram or spiritdancer, let it die, then claim it back and double suit it up the next turn. Feels good.

Yeah I've dabbled with the Orzhov builds here and there. I might switch over, that version just has so much more resiliency than the Azorius version in the current meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'm a returning newb, haven't played since 5/6 editions. Played my first FNM on Arena with Omniscience, and got the two wins. The second seemed pretty funny. They played a Ashlok, Sculptor of Fears, that at -11 they would take control of all my creatures. I was holding them off, but they already had a slight advantage in creatures, and it was just a matter of time. No sense playing good creatures until they bit. Then my luck turned around:

* I pulled Chromatic Orrery, which let me build up my hand. On one use I managed to draw four or five cards.

* I played my first ever plainswalker... and it was Nicol Bolas. Not bad. More drawing.

* Drawing all these cards got me Prison Realm.

I exiled Ashlok, and my opponent immediately conceded. Life score was 23 to 21, but they had no hand, while I had eight cards, filled to the brim with monsters.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Its fundamentally awful game design. There are so many cards in there that are just complete nonbos with omniscience. The stinky cherry on top is that there is literally no incentive for the opponent to even stick around if you start going off so you never even get to do cool poo poo.

I don't mind it, if it is a short event like this. It's just silly fun. This wasn't designed to have good design, it's just a goof.