Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sometimes I get paranoid about mousing over the opponent's library or my graveyard and I'm like, what if they would have missed my plan except for that tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy poo poo what is all this new stuff going on in Arena

I missed one day and suddenly it's like I'm in a foreign country

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well I lost the first couple of Brawls but then I did some ridiculous stuff with mask of immolation and orzhov enforcer and completely popped off

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Snapped off six wins in a row, is Brawl my new Omni Draft

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I want to put Oracle of Midnight in a deck because it is basically a Flying Chocobo Rider from FF14

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Kashuno posted:

It barely takes any time to get back to where you were.

After I hit mythic and fell all the way back down to Silver I have not gotten above Gold

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gonna say that if someone said I looked like a mass murderer I would also take offense regardless of the context

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How did Danny Trejo get into promoting MTG anyway, I remembeer those ads with him and Day[9]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I miss looking up a card on gatherer and seeing what people from 15 years ago thought about cards. Also in-jokes like with Scornful Egotist and Storm Crow

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lost another 14 games in a row and thinking extremely dark thoughts about my opponents

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I apologize, but it is now superstition that when I complain in this thread I win the next game and it happened again.

So the new event will include the cards we won as prizes in Brawl? I guess it makes sense to wean people off the rotating cards slowly but I don't know if I will devote too much energy to brewing at this point

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rare Trilands, the Boltlands :getin:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They don't give you an option to filter for Eldraine cards yet in the deckbuilder, and I'm too lazy to look up what I got from the previous event.

Overall I'm gonna try to finally make a Selesnya Tolsimir Wolves deck but I'm hoping for another few pieces in Eldraine

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cavalcade, cast for 2 onto Spitfire :getin:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What are the 2020 replacements for:

Cast Down
Moment of Craving
Vraska's Contempt

i.e. I want B spot removal options, including the possibility of gaining life and/or hitting walkers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh the scryland cycle isn't complete? Well that puts a cramp on Dimir

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK I encountered my first opponent doing the whole "rapidly mouse over your hand to make it flash" thing and what the gently caress

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Retooled the Ashiok "gently caress you Scapeshift " deck and my first opponent was a retooled Scapeshift deck, good times and satisfying first win. Just one more

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

IMJack posted:

Go to the Set Mastery page, click on level 100 and it will tell you how many XP it will take to get you there.

With 16 days left you'll get 8000 XP from dailies and 7500 XP from two more weeks of 15 wins.

Hmm I have 6 wins already this week and one quest on the docket with 16000 XP to full mastery lol

I was thinking "this event will help me" but it's only 200 XP, I guess it's repeatable so they want us to grind it?

With my luck I will get approximately 40+ 1-1 events

Edit: :woop: opponent 2 mulled to five then scooped, I'll take what I can get gimme that XP

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 10, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That's ten 1-1 events so far and I am building with rage, 0-1s would be better because I wouldn't feel like I'm wasting my time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bugsy posted:

Probably this one. https://www.reddit.com/r/spikes/comments/d01xan/standard_elemental_swamp/

2 Cavalier of Night (M20) 94
2 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
3 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
1 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
4 Dread Presence (M20) 96
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
3 Yarok, the Desecrated (M20) 220
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
1 Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN) 213
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
2 Forest (ANA) 60
7 Swamp (ANA) 58
2 Legion's End (M20) 106
1 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
3 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
2 Cloudkin Seer (M20) 54
1 Spark Double (WAR) 68
2 Neoform (WAR) 206

3 Veil of Summer (M20) 198
2 Shifting Ceratops (M20) 194
2 Negate (M20) 69
2 Noxious Grasp (M20) 110
1 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
2 Legion's End (M20) 106
1 Vraska, Golgari Queen (GRN) 213
2 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212

I was looking at this deck and the Elves need to go for Standard 2020, what should take its place

Edit: settled with +2 Grazers, +1 Krasis, +1 Cavalier of Thorns, let's see how this goes

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 10, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK I won a game with that Yarok Dread Presence deck and it kind of owned

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Another 1-1, I'm also trying to jam into the event so quickly I end up accidentally going into the ranked queues, wish I didn't have to restart the event and pick a deck every time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

How do you pick one of these 'at random'?

Dice roll?

There's already random effects like Haphazard Bombardment

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I must correct myself: After losing five ten more events, going 0-1 a bunch does not feel better than going 1-1 a bunch

I can't believe I lost half a day grinding this garbage event for zero result, this is starting to make me realize that the game is just causing me more stress and frustration than anything else

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 10, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

My conclusion from playing that insufferable 2020 event more than I should is that it's designed to give you hope you'll catch up then crush said hopes so that you'll spend gems to buy the levels you told yourself you were going to get from the event.

If I have a 28% winrate in this event I must be getting other people to have a 70% win rate though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Based on the stats someone posted earlier it sounded like I needed to get an extra 1000 or so XP to fill out the mastery level based on rotation day?

Like it says I'm at 12000 XP remaining to fill out the bar (I'm at 88), I've done my daily for today and my weekly XP is also checked off, do I really have enough time to hit 100

Anyway after 26 games I managed to finally string two wins together, if I can wash my hands of this I would be glad to

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have placed literally zero of those orbs in the tree

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there a good anti-Cavalcade deck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe I should unearth the Gates deck, the Krasis / Angel lifegain seems promising

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just used Gates to stomp so hard on Cavalcade they burned alive in the Earth's core, felt great

A Moose posted:

If they have a cavalcade in play, the entire rest of their deck is hasty dudes, burn, chandras, and more cavalcades. You can clear a few creatures, but gates ablaze doesn't deal with enchantments or Planeswalkers. You're usually dead before archway angel comes down. You got very very lucky, don't expect it to happen again.

I am glad I ran four negates then and countered that poo poo

Edit: Another cavalcade completely blown apart, hit Chandra with a ram then blazed the board and they scooped. Undefeated vs. Cavalcade

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 11, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So far my record with Good Old Gates (Ram/Colossus/Krasis) has been 6-1, starting to slowly grind that XP out of the event

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Late night competition is softer maybe? Up to 6 successful events so far.

I tuned that Dread Presence deck and had an amazing end-game where the turn before lethal (they had 18 Krenko tokens and three planeswalkers but no cavalcade) I machine-gunned two high-loyalty Chandras and a Sarkhan with continuous Dread Presence procs and went from 5 health to 35. Almost decked myself but I got the job done

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Realtalk it was only after seeing the trailer for WAR that I realized "Oh the Gatewatch is basically the Avengers/Justice league"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ral is even voiced by Superman!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What did I do? :confused:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have been having fun with Sultai Yarok but has Legion's End actually worked out for people? If it's supposed to stop Cavalcade it's not very good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ah, maybe I should take it out of the Standard 2020 deck because I never see Fields in the event

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gonna try using Finale of Eternity, kill 3 for 1BB seems fun

Lagomorphic posted:

If you're just seeing Cavalcade decks replace it with Cast Down so you can kill their birds.

I wish! I was asking earlier what I'm gonna need to use after rotation instead of my trusty Cast Down/Moment of Craving/Vraska's Contempt spot removal package. I have a pair of Ob Nix's Cruelty for the bigger ones. I killed a bird with it so I should have gotten bonus points for being on flavor point

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

zoux posted:

I know it's just mtg but flooding out 5/6 games with a 21 land deck makes me want to commit violent crimes

Don't worry as a fellow saltyposter I got your back