Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have been pretty good at getting 2 or 3 event clears a day but since I'm gonna cap out on XP anyway might as well switch to S20 ranked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Trip report on Finale of Eternity: It is really good when you have two Nissas on the field and have like 20 mana turn 6

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh when people were talking about playing Standard 2020 ranked I thought you all were talking about a queue, not another event

Why was Ranked not the default mode for this event lol I could have been working towards those styles

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If you have any kind of damage threat Narset is basically draw 1 for 1UU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

There are now so many ways in Standard to get cards easily without drawing and thus bypassing Narset, including Narset

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Literally any time I see a deck that is not rotation-proof at this point I'm like "Eh reading this seems useless to me now"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah but if I didn't have those cards now I wouldn't think about crafting them (I don't plan to play Historic), so I'm just gonna continue what I'm doing and grind with suboptimal decks from 6 months ago while I use the incomplete spoilers to theorycraft Tier 3 jank

Edit: A Wolf Deck will work, I just know it, that's my goal for the new set

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 16, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If they actually make Momir the MTGO style of "Yeah we put in every creature card ever" I would play it nonstop

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Momir needs more instant win/lose cards tbh, Phage the Untouchable owns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy crap Finale of Eternity is the most GO OFF KINGS card in the Yarok deck and I highly recommend jamming it in

(There were 100+ triggers on the stack on the first swamp flip, this is the second one when I realized I should take a snapshot)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I got to cast another Finale of Eternity for 10, I should probably just end this season on that high

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Time posted:

The only advantage mtgo has is being able to play cube draft. Make it happen wotc

Agreed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

WHOO

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's still an event it's just that the wins count towards your rank

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is it still tier one minus scapeshift? Golos seems pretty unwieldy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

You joke but freemagic is insanely mad that the queen is a 3/3 because "A loving grizzly bear is 2/2." Note that she is a woman of color and they've never ever been bothered by P/T in comparison to a Grizzly Bear before this moment

lol are you serious, that's blatant even for them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh being in the Standard 2020 event for so long made me forget how much Feather is a poo poo-rear end garbagefucker of a deck, glad it will disappear into nothingness come rotation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

Can feather work in a different Boros deck? even without the effect, a 3/4 flyer for 3 mana is good.

It will probably have some life but Reckless Rage doing double duty as pump/removal is what's currently propping that deck up in most matchups

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

feather is a deck that promotes my opponents itching their balls for 2 minutes every single turn while they decide "should I remove my opponent's creature with a spell I get back for free with no downside and swing in against his now-empty board"

This

I would be more willing to accept it if people played it as fast as RDW but it's silly how slow those games get

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hope the Sultai Yarok shell will work in some form in standard. Rising Reef really helps smooth things out even without checklands

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mono-G Henge Stompy? Jam in Kiora there too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Isn't the MTGO menu now just "MTGA but if it were in Windows 95"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just had a win where opp tried playing Chandra, Awakened Inferno and using the -3. Too bad I was playing Sultai Yarok :getin:

After they hit the -3 they moused over my elemental land, then over their own Chandra, then over my Nissa, and then scooped

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's been a long time but I think interrupts were supposed to be like second-order instants? Like once someone played an interrupt the only response possible was another interrupt

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Have they really not tried to design a fixed banding that works in the current environment? "Lots of small creatures team up to fight big ones" seems like a flavorful space

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jabor posted:

It's called Lumbering Battlement

Shooting Blanks posted:

WAR brought us Band Together, which is a Domri's Ambush-like that lets you combine 2 creatures' power to deal damage to a single creature. The biggest problem with banding that I remember was when you tried to combine it with other effects - trample, flying, etc. I don't even remember what the ruling was for those situations, but I can only imagine what a pain in the rear end it would be to manage it (both from a playing standpoint and a judging standpoint) today given the multitude of additional effects available. Of all the retired effects, that's the one I least expect to reappear.

Oh yeah these seem like banding-likes for sure. Battlement was a neat design, especially with it being resilient to getting blown out by removal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CUBE DRAFT

holy poo poo that would be amazing

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

New Mastery pet is far superior to dumb fire cat.

Realtalk it's these pets that have convinced me to get these passes on launch instead of calculating whether or not to wait

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Can't believe someone got lucky enough with Legion's End to hit both the Krasis I had on the field and the three I had in my hand.

At least I was able to swing in for lethal the next turn because that would have been backbreaking otherwise

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I want to build a Golos Happily Ever After deck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The idea that I was ever at Mythic rank seems like such a distant and foreign memory at this point.

Two seasons ago I played 280 matches, starting and ending at Platinum 4 the entire time before getting knocked down

Last season I played 150 matches and went up from Gold 2 to Gold 1 before getting knocked down

This season I have played 160 matches and have gone from Silver 2 to Gold 3 and will probably get knocked down again.

I know it shouldn't really matter but eh. Maybe I should play with a Tier 1 deck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Arivia posted:

The untapped.gg tracker is so much better than the MTGAPro Tracker, it's not even funny. It actually updates and keeps track of things!

Oh wow yeah this is definitely a lot more polished than Pro Tracker. Also lol it gives you a draft overlay with LSV's card ratings, that will save me some time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So is anyone else playing the Ranked 2020 event and not getting ranking points anymore? The season is still going right?

I am maxed out on the Mastery XP so maybe that's somehow involved?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I went back to the normal ranking queue and please tell me what deck wrecks simic flash

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also is there a way to sort the decks on your deck page? Normally whenever you change a deck it's supposed to bump it to the top of the list right?

But one of my decks seems to be stuck at the bottom of the list no matter what and the NPE decks are always pinned to the top

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/spikes/comments/d01xan/standard_elemental_swamp/

CharlieFoxtrot and I have been tuning this bad boi for a week or two now and it's very strong and resilient with lots of cool decisions to make and enough lifegain to survive cavalcade and the value engines in the deck are top tier.

:yeah:

Dread Presence is great card advantage, lifegain, and removal all-in-one. The landbase would seem kind of iffy but Risen Reef does enough to smooth things out.

Finale has definitely been doing work, early-game it can clean out weenies for 3 mana and top-decking it late gives you another out with all your mana besides just making a big Krasis

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This is the version of the list I'm playing with, removed the elves for 2020 purposes and put in Cavaliers/Grazers. Murderous Rider is probably gonna take the place of Ob Nixilis's Cruelty. This deck also has taught me to be more aggressive will mulligans

2 Cavalier of Night (M20) 94
3 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
3 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
4 Dread Presence (M20) 96
1 Cavalier of Thorns (M20) 167
3 Yarok, the Desecrated (M20) 220
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
2 Arboreal Grazer (WAR) 149
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
2 Forest (ANA) 60
7 Swamp (ANA) 58
2 Ob Nixilis's Cruelty (WAR) 101
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
2 Cloudkin Seer (M20) 54
1 Spark Double (WAR) 68
2 Neoform (WAR) 206
2 Finale of Eternity (WAR) 91

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm, would Goose be better than Grazer?

It seems like everyone is thinking Goose is the next-best-thing in a post-Llanowar world

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Today I kept accidentally stumbling into the current ranked queue and it reminded me every time how much I look forward to Big Teferi rotating out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh wow I didn't notice the Goose had flying. That's value