Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The best worst part of this game is counting all your lands for an X spell without mousing over your lands so your opponent doesn't get to know that you're counting all your lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm back playing boros star of extinction decks in the casual queue, it's good.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Someone let Tajic into the knight deck. Look at him in that goofy golden armour. No horse. Not even a real knight.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Chalune is the first plausible use of biomancer's familiar I've seen in standard, besides growth chamber guardian. The deck churns through cards when you get the two of them out together.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Jabor posted:

Random question, how are you supposed to stop in your declare attackers step to do something before your opponent blocks? Full control didn't seem to do it.

hitting control worked for me vs sparky

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I haven't fussed around with potential brawl decks but I feel like singleton formats tend to use a lot of rares

So in the arena world where rares are just rares it may not be a big cost difference

They don't use 4 of a rare, so you don't have to go in as hard on crafting a card that the meta might evolve out of. Though I guess the the chance of opening four of one specific card is probably the same as opening one copy of four specific cards.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

ah, finally got to watch an opponent time out during their scapeshift and not get any lands back on the battlefield

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You know, with the way things are now, the real rarity will be having the level 1 cat to display.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

imweasel09 posted:

This should have been a wish effect instead of a tutor. It's a monkey's paw damnit.

That would probably make Bo1 players groan in that it makes every deck want a sideboard.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Magic Underwear posted:

That is loving nuts. Four mana 4/4 haste that nullifies fog and lets you sneak past those pesky zombie tokens and the 0/3s and 1/1s too. Oh and smacks walkers for free while we're at it.

beats god's willing, too, on offense, at least

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I did not bad with a random mono black dread presence deck. Jammed in 8 new cards total, too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

They really need to make some changes to faster timeout people who queue and then terminally afk. Either an 'accept game' button like in dota or just cut the mulligan turn timer down by 30-40%.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

we're just a couple of weeks away,
the question is whether to build a deck that's popular early, or wait even longer to see how the meta settles

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

people thought field of the dead would be terrible

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

does nothing with finale of promise, but works well to get to x=10 for the other colors, maybe

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's an 8 drop that bounces two creatures. I'm guessing the chance of hitting that is better than hitting a 7 drop removal.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

it's both

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

There's a bishop of wings deck that crams most of the good angels in. It can certainly take some wins.

Although a lot of it is that 3 mana angel that makes more angels when you gain a bunch of life, and I guess that's rotating out.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I haven't lost any gold on playing arena momir because the people playing it apparently don't do any combat math or are really bad at it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

PSA if you want to untap colossus of sardia in momir you need to set an upkeep stop for it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's only one copy as a prize, not 4.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

11 wins is one of each eldraine card, 12 wins is one of each in new standard.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Just how good is paradise druid in a standard with no llanowar elves and no goblin chainwhirlers?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Looks like the renewal ICRs aren't actually triggering right now, either. The visual is the green egg cracking and then nothing happening but a 'more' button.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The real appeal of brazen borrower is making your opponent see the obnoxious animation.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Think people will start puttin in lavinia?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The other half works, though.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

When you try to queue up with a historic deck you're in historic.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

How do you work around not being able to root snare and counter when you have rule of law out?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So if you're trying to cast mesmeric gaze (hypnotic sprite) with a lucky clover out, in a normal situation, there's no way it doesn't end up in the graveyard, right?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

one-headed, two-headed, or head-and-a-half

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It does. Your 1-2 loses also give you one win. If I'm remembering it correctly.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you're already committed to spending money, and you want to do both a bit of drafting and buying packs, you're better off buying packs with gold and drafting with gems.

Ranked draft entry is 5000 gold, which is 5 booster packs worth of gold, or 750 gems, which is 3.75 booster packs worth of gems.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

( ) elemental blast also takes out resolved permanents, dunno if you guys are making the right comparison

I'm just spitballing but maybe you side in more permanents if veil is giving you a problem? It still cycles there, of course.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

MRLOLAST posted:

Man that is a poo poo way of deciding who wins a match that went on forever.

It's meant to keep games from going on forever.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can also play creatures that make chumps out of 3/3 man lands, rather than being 3/3 elks and only trading.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Is there any decent replacement for stopping Thought Erasure and the like without Veil? That was the main reason I ran it.

handful of nullhide ferox and nothing else

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I seriously don't understand how people have this issue. I drained my WCs in m20 not opening packs til ELD and since then I'm always worried about running out of mythics while rares I just have a safe number of. Arguably a pile. They come in pretty fast.

Comes down to how long you've been playing I think. You need a ton of rares when you're starting out, but cracking enough packs with the dupe protection will soon fill out your rare collection while leaving gaps in your mythic pile.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I cast it as an 11/11 off of six lands with an irencrag feat and an ugin in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

i poop fire posted:

I played paper magic from revised through weatherlight and just started playing arena recently because of the convenience. I bought a yanling starter deck at the local comic store because that was the only one they had left and I've just been using that. I looked around the mtgoldfish link in the OP and all of the budget decks still want way more rare wildcards than I've gotten from leveling up so far. Which packs should I be buying with gold, or is there a rotation soon? Should I just keep plugging away with the starters?

Also, plainswalkers are weird and food decks can go straight to hell.

Eldraine packs are fairly high power and will be in standard for another 22 months or whatever. It's the start of the newest rotation.

There are shock lands in guilds and allegiance, and scry lands in M20.

And the starter deck codes are all pretty bad, I think?