Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You can't sac tokens to doom foretold. Unless it can stick teferi it has a miserable time versus simic flash, I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Big Red question: I turned 4 mana chandra into a creature with sarkhan, swung in, did damage. Then I tried targeting a sundering stroke at my opponent and at chandra, hoping to take the loyalty counters off and deal lethal damage, but the game didn't register it that way. Is that right?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I don't do it often, but I had to 'Oops' the guy who wished for casualties to deal with my stonecoil serpent.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Cards don't get banned just for winning. Oko and FotD got to the point where people were putting in a variety of narrow maindeck hatecards for them because they expected to see them in so many of their matches, and still lost to them despite that.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Do you have to cast the (up to 3) spells for that ult as part of the resolution of the ability being used? Does t3feri hose that ult the same way he does with finale of promise?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I seem to keep doing turn one leonine warlord.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

But someone playing an early tax on you isn't fun, you see, whereas someone drawing infinite counterspells is very normal.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you have a shock or a rimrock knight or something in hand, attack before playing anything when they have 4 mana up. They then have to play mystic snake without countering anything just to trade, or they play out a nightpack to eat something and you 1for2 yourself but maintain the empty board on their side. Or they eat the turn 4 damage.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

explosion for x=life total

or explosion for x=some and finding another explosion

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Hey, if you always alt-tab back out again after dropping your first land, stop loving doing that. Your opponent's first or second turn is going to take all of 3 seconds.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It's because there's a whole vast ocean of people playing janky garbage at low-tier general matchmaking rating (which gets used even when you're not laddering), and constructed event is one of the few places where it loosens the strings on who you're matched with. I think.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you already have the levels it's down to whether you want to fill out more cards from the set.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I'm imagining top decking it into casting skewer the critics 2 or 3 extra times

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Equipping can be done in unusual ways. Also, stuff falls off if the creature gets protection later.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

He can +1 to blow up food, too.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If it didn't have the ability to enchant enchantments it would fall off when its effect starts working on a normal creature.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The Sean posted:

Awesome. New set isn't active yet but mastery for eldraine is disabled.

Play queue seemed to be down, anyways.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

just fyi, if you want to browse for enchantment creatures in game, using quotes works, ie: "enchantment creature"

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Nightmare shepherd, ayara and rat burgler or fen lurker is fun for making the opponent discard on draw step

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

questing beast on the field?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

resistentialism posted:

questing beast on the field?

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Fell Fire posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with this janky devotion and life-gain mess. Needs some work, higher power cards and a little more card draw. One issue I've found is that I expected more enchantment cards based on the new set coming in, but a lot of people are still playing their old decks.

Had a match where my opponent didn't read Heliod and tried to both destroy him and used Claim the Firstborne on him, which just dumped it back to being an enchantment. That was rough for them.

I'm trying a couple things making a gideon and heliod indestructible bros deck. Haven't really found exactly the right brew of it yet between boros and mono white versions.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Found a use for destiny spinner's 2nd ability: use it when you have no other enchantments to turn on lovestruck beast's ability to attack.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

any thoughts? feel like it doesn't have enough power without the archon, and I've got some fixing and plenty of enchantments
ok removal

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

resistentialism posted:

any thoughts? feel like it doesn't have enough power without the archon, and I've got some fixing and plenty of enchantments
ok removal

went with this, then:

I have near-to-zero sideboarding to do, I guess, but maybe I'm a little pre-sideboarded for the format, maybe. Maybe if I run into an all-fliers deck I'll put the archon back in.

2-0 so far versus bant and naya.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

dead hydra fella seems like a good limited card

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

resistentialism posted:

went with this, then:

I have near-to-zero sideboarding to do, I guess, but maybe I'm a little pre-sideboarded for the format, maybe. Maybe if I run into an all-fliers deck I'll put the archon back in.

2-0 so far versus bant and naya.

Went 5-1 with thread suggestions. Beat bant, naya, dimir, golgari, lost to a wide rakdos, beat another golgari.

Pharika's libations were bad versus the rakdos and I had nothing else to put in, but were good everywhere else.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Card says attached to creatures you control and makes sure they only recur once, so I'm wondering how that works.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Went 5-0 with a mediocre bant pile with good auras. I guess people don't always pick the removal.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you have gems and want to draft, draft with gems. The gem cost to enter ranked draft is something like three and three quarters packs worth, and the gold cost is five packs worth.

So that a really backwards way to do it.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I think only if you want to start 16 new accounts

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Raged posted:

Ok, here are the cards I picked up in sealed. Any tips or recommendations would be appreciated. I am in wayyyy over my head.

Black/White, I'd say. You've got a good spread of good removal and some white bombs.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

If you play every three days to do the minimum to keep the daily missions from going to waste and get the 15 weekly wins you'll get close to maxing it out. There's been some kind of extra xp events at the end of the season each time.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You get a fraction of a percent towards the vault for each 5th+ common or uncommon. When that hits 100% you get 3 uncommon, 2 rare, and 1 mythic wildcard.

For 5th+ rares and mythics, you get 20 gems and 40 gems. Opening packs has dupe protection for rares and mythics. IIRC, ICRs do not.

resistentialism fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 25, 2020

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

So there's 8 hours the day after tomorrow where you can do theros ranked draft and have it count towards this season before the season ends

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Had a 7-2 run where I picked off upwards of a dozen moss vipers with one of two blood aspirants. Everyone had moss vipers.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Current draft thought: if you have 3 stern dismissals, you can play 4 pharika's libations

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Mike N Eich posted:

How do you order the triggers for this? I want to try this but not blow myself out

I think it's just: activate apathy, flicker the aura with the activation on the stack.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

typhon is a pretty key common there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Adventures played as sorceries are in the exile zone but "on adventure" and playable from there.

If your opponent ults the Theros BD Ashiok, they can opt to play your cards that are on adventure.

Ya, and their card type is always creature except when the sorcery/instant part is actively on the stack.