Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm playing Esper Control. Opponent plays turn 3 Unmoored Ego and chooses Teferi...

... Timebender and concedes immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I ran into a Petitioners deck a while back and played Legion's End on like t4

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yeah this seems good to me at least for now, I just hit Mythic with this list. Doom Foretold seems like a real motherfucker to deal with, I wouldn't know because literally nobody is playing this.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Magic Underwear posted:

There is nothing better than playing a ceratops against simic flash and watching them suffer. gently caress that deck.

On one hand Simic Flash is an rear end in a top hat deck for garbage people, on the other it does feel real good to have them instantly concede when I finally land a Teferi

But then again Teferi is the biggest rear end in a top hat of them all so everybody loses here

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rhaegar posted:

No matter how many times I get bit by Narset's and Ashiok's static ability I will never remember.

Casting Thought Erasure on Tamiyo makes me feel so loving dumb but I'm sure I will never stop doing it

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

At the end of a long horrible Golos mirror, my opponent plays their last Fae of Wishes to get Ashiok to mill me to death. This will win them the game next turn.

Except I then play my last Fae of Wishes to get Jace, Wielder of Mysteries, and win the game instead.

Fae of Wishes is real dumb for how effortlessly it fits in that deck.

e: also one of the things that finally made me quit Hearthstone for good was a card that says "wish for the perfect card", yet here we are

Veib fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 9, 2019

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oh sweet I hit mythic early enough in the season that I got a numbered rank and not just a percentage for the first time. #510 with... Golos Field, of course.

Veib fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 10, 2019

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zyla posted:

i have never seen nor played a successful self-mill jace win

My opponent wished for Ashiok that would have killed me in two turns but then I wished for Jace and won instead

Just Golos mirror things

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hey so when you attack with your Planeswalkers with Sarkhan's +1 they get tapped. When does this actually matter, ie. are there things you can do to a tapped Planeswalker that you couldn't do to them normally?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nyxbloom Ancient + Nyx Lotus is the funniest loving thing I have seen in this game. Why yes, I would like to Finale of Devastation for 40, thank you.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I recommend simply picking the correct person to win, like I did

When a dude's bio literally says he's "arguably the best Magic player of all time" why wouldn't you pick him

(I know basically nothing about professional Magic, had never heard of most of the players, and legitimately used this exact reasoning)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Just had my opponent cast Emergency Powers while I had Narset on board. I think that is my favorite thing I have ever seen in my 12 years of playing magic.

Yeah I've had this happen with Heartwarming Redemption, it's great.