Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
In BO1 you generally won't take sideboard cards anyway so showing it doesn't really add much to the discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I went 2-3 in a draft and all 5 opponents were mill. Like, just no.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

https://twitter.com/MSigrist83/status/1185359462137155584

https://twitter.com/dwpoker/status/1185377615802060801

https://twitter.com/bertuuuu/status/1185286590186192897

https://twitter.com/bertuuuu/status/1185300164119949312

Quality software

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

LST wearing a mask on stream, the balls on this lad

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Everyone very pointedly not mentioning it

Look he's just cold ok.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

These MCV games have been good to watch but Jesus do I loving hate NummythwNumot/Kenji Igarashi. He seems so smarmy and like the most punchable guy

What on earth is this opinion.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Ever since his episode of the Game Knights I just hate his play style, his attitude, his waggly eyebrows, literally everything about him. I’d rather Nassif takes the whole thing but if Ken N. and his Mardu Regi-Sword deck win I’d be happy about that. That’s the thing about being an online personality... some people just hate your personality.

You're welcome to your opinion but I just don't get it. He's one of my favorite Magic players precisely because he's always seemed like a super nice guy. Dry sense of humour, but never gets disrespectful or too salty.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

What's worse, Esper mirror hell or Food mirror hell

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Kanfy posted:

Behold, the best deck I've ever gone 0-3 with in a draft. In fact the first 0-3 draft I've had in all of Eldraine.

So what did you lose to

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

kater posted:

Why do people think wcs will be refunded? Have they ever talked about this?

They were refunded for Nexus.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Mengucci - "Top Arena Rank: Platinum"
Depraz - "Top Arena Rank: blank"

lol

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

MisterZimbu posted:

Just went against a deck in draft that had 2 Royal Scions. Was actually alot closer than it had any right to be.

Fix your loving bots.

What does this have to do with bots, it’s rather unlikely the Scions were passed.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Once I got crushed in a game against BG cat oven when they finished with a rampage of the clans, could barely be mad.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Hoogland’s meltdown wasn’t over the MPL, it was not being invited to the Mythic Invitational. An event he had already declared to be not interested in on account of it being BO1.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Huxley posted:

Hoogland seems less like a hateful misogynist and more like a guy whose brain occasionally goes white hot and he forgets his words mean things.

It’s hard to reconcile misogyny with how he arrogantly proclaims his wokeness on stream whenever possible. I guess he could be faking it but I don’t get the impression that he’s capable of faking anything very well.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wait is this official, people are saying this but I haven't seen an official link

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/october-21-2019-banned-and-restricted-announcement

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

starkebn posted:

I think it might have to do with flaky network connections, the client seems to be really bad once you desync somehow and barely ever recovers gracefully.

being in Australia doesn't help

They did mention in the last State of the Whatever blog post that they had identified some issues that were causing the disconnects and crashes, and were supposed to be on the way to fixing them in Thursday's update. I would't get your hopes up though. They will probably introduce new issues instead.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Bugsy posted:

syr allen

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Tibalt posted:

I didn't see any mentions of draft bots in the patch notes

Look harder?

quote:

RANKED DRAFT
- Various improvements to draft bot picks

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Kanfy posted:

If they really did adjust the bots, I sure hope this guy was playing a pre-patch deck.

(They played 5 in total. I didn't win.)

"Bots fixed"

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Arena would be dead if it launched with this standard.

Technically Arena launched with this standard

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

zoux posted:

Speaking of Pioneer, I'm seeing a lot of people online, popular MTG content creators too not just randos on r/whineaboutarena, advocate for adding Pioneer to Arena. How do they think that would work exactly

I don't think anyone expects them to be able to implement it right away but if this isn't their long term plan then they are dumb as poo poo.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

So far no game has gone longer than 3 turns. The best aspect of this event is that it's over fast

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

AFAICT no, they were probably just annoyed they were losing and tabbed out to browse the internet or something rather than conceding.

You misread his post, they were winning.

The answer is, they noticed they were playing doltos and decided to rope because you can't not rope when you play doltos.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

MRLOLAST posted:

I am starting to come around to Oathsworn knight being a good card in the meta. For 3 Mana I get the ultimate blocker who kills questing beast and doesn't die and who if Oko player is dumb enough to turn in to an elk becomes a 7/7.

Doesn't QB's text mean that this guy still dies?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's not out yet. The B&R team has to go get lunch at Chipotle for three hours before we get our list.

It's only Pioneer bans that need to be made on a full stomach.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Got the 5 wins in historic event with Temur Friends in 20 minutes, people are scooping insanely early.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

I admire this fellow's chutzpah of taking "Secretkeeper can easily be pumped" and insisting on running with it, all the way off the edge of the cliff.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Has anyone else's mtgarena pro not synced since the new version came out 10 days ago? I cant the loving thing to read logs at all.

That thing is increasingly finicky these days, I think Untapped is the much more reliable tracker at the moment.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Having an economy system that at least appears reasonable for F2P players has been a huge priority for the devs, I can't believe this even needs to be argued.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Play Historic if you want to revisit older archetypes

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

flatluigi posted:

I want to get to 4/15 wins a day at the very least for f2p reasons and unless I'm mistaken that's the one thing historic queue doesn't let you do still?

You get credit for wins/quests like usual in historic.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

flatluigi posted:

that's incorrect, I got no credit.

Not playing ranked?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Misplays encountered today:

My plat opponent redcap melee'd my 5/5, then later played glass casket with no valid targets.

Then my diamond opponent didn't realize they could get rid of trapped in the tower with faerie guidemother and lost a match they would have won easily. How do you get to diamond without knowing this interaction?

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Reading comprehension isn’t my strong point.

Don't worry, many people have been tricked by that text.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Osmosisch posted:

Eldraine white is way better than War white, and War white wasn't as bad as people made out. Beatdown could be pretty successful in my experience.

The mono white they're talking about were in M20, not ELD.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Drewjitsu posted:

Simic flash is not a good deck against rakdos knights unless simic sees multiple brazen borrowers to regain the board and outrace rakdos knights.

The problem is that rakdos knights gets crushed against cat oven decks if they don't draw embercleave.

Are you the player who Jim Davis played against in this video? (starts at 31:54)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0LCR4Eki80&t=1914s

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

You can probably play Oko in direct challenge, if you hate your friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Anyone use direct challenge? I’m trying to get it to work to play with my kids but they never see the invite or vise versa.

I don’t think you “see” any invite, both of you need to challenge each other at the same time.