Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

This is clearly the fault of whoever wanted to run the Horse Tribal deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

I wonder if it's something like a sorcery that you can tap the critter and pay the mana cost to cast. The 'adventure' keyword seems like it could justify tying the card up for a turn.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

sephiRoth IRA posted:

This seems really powerful, am I under thinking this?

It's a 6 mana planeswalker. They already let 3 mana ones ruin the game, so why not?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

So the next core set is for people who like Teferi? If so, they should take advantage of this database to mail out all the promotional material for it.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Other people playing that Azorious Fliers deck from a page or two ago in the Standard 2020 event:

Are you getting your money's worth from those pteramanders? I've never been able to Adapt one in the games I've played. There's not enough instant/sorc spells to make it much cheaper and a game that has let me drop 8 mana on the field is a game that I've lost. My typical win is playing a surprise Rally of Wings to swing for an unexpected 8 or 10 damage or my opponent snap conceding when they don't have removal for Sephara.

I don't know what I'd replace them with though. Maybe Faerie Miscreants? It loses the adapt threat, but I might get another couple of card draws out of it?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Also holy gently caress how bad is adamant going to be?

I hope to god you just get a popup like when you're casting a thing with Spectacle that just has you choose between the normal cost and the mana cost you'd need for the adamant effect.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

I didn't get mine until an hour or two after people started talking about it, so I guess it's staggered.

quote:

Total Matches Played: 804
Total Booster Packs Opened: 522
Gold Earned from Quests: 52,500
Gold Earned from Daily Wins: 34,000

It looks like they're giving away a Fblthp card sleeve / avatar to people too.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

New weekly wins / quests tomorrow with the Eldraine rollout. So you wasted effort, but didn't lose out on any new progress.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

I have no idea how long it will last, but Oko is loving ridiculous, especially if you get him out on T2 and doubly especially if you're on the play. Anything 3cc or less is in danger of being swapped, anything 4cc or more is in danger of just turning into a goddamn elk. Questing Beast? If it doesn't connect, then it turns into an Elk. Great Henge? Turned into an Elk. Literally any creature or artifact that is worse than a vanilla 3/3 just becomes a vanilla 3/3. And if there's no creature, then you can make a bunch of Food to say gently caress you to burn, or slowly roll out vanilla 3/3s of your own. Like you absolutely need Murderous Rider, Bedevil, or uh, Spark Harvest? to deal with Oko. Holy poo poo what a card.

And yeah adding lil Tef and Hero just feels mean.

This is what I've been playing. Doesn't feel optimized yet. I think I need to replace the Guardmages with something and even the Maraleafs are occasionally a pain in the rear end to cast, although both do create an alternative win condition of just hitting them in the air. I'm sorta tempted to see how a Superfriends-esque deck would work, using Dovin as another token generator instead of the Guardmages or using Tamiyo to recur anything/dig, but Tamiyo runs the problem of being a bit too slow and realistically I'm just thinking of Turbofog. Nissa is also only just okay, primarily used to power out Krasis.

4 Hero of Precinct One (RNA) 11
1 Plains (ANA) 61
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
4 Forest (ANA) 65
3 Deputy of Detention (RNA) 165
3 Elite Guardmage (WAR) 195
4 Growth Spiral (RNA) 178
4 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
3 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
4 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
1 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244
4 Oko, Thief of Crowns (ELD) 197
4 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
4 Maraleaf Pixie (ELD) 196
1 Island (ANA) 62

I tried this and kept getting rolled from mana problems. I think Paradise Druids instead of either the maraleafs or the growth spiral might be the way to go.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

How / does Kefnet's copy ability work with adventures? Are they creature cards first, so they don't count?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

So who else is running maindeck artifact and enchantment hate?

I'm a crazy person running 4 spyglasses in most of my Bo1 decks. There's a good chance I'll want to turn something off in almost any deck I face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

That feed cats into the oven deck is so loving fun. Abusing blockers getting sacked to avoid lifelinkers gaining anything is the most wonderful galaxy brain poo poo.

I ran into my first self-mill deck. I was going very cautiously because I had no idea what the hell was going to happen, but I ended up just punching him in the face till he died while he hosed around on his own weird gameplan that didn't really involve me in any way.