Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I tried Jumpstart. Reanimating Pirates was so-so. Seismic Goblins, however, cannot seem to lose. All of this removal is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Magic Underwear posted:

Holy cow Goblins Devilish rocks fools in jumpstart. Monocolor, overlapping synergies, good creatures and no dead cards. Also muxus. And two treason effects to cover its sole weakness to beef. Stealing a baneslayer angel and sac'ing it to pump my guy is the most crushing play I've had for a while

Sup fellow monocolor goblins goon! I'm still rocking Seismic Goblins...but I got the version with Krenko which is even better than the one with Muxus IMO.

Not being able to replace the two CIPT lands with mountains is sometimes annoying tho

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
As a new user I think Arena is so much better than MTGO. Just lightyears beyond. I hope they move completely over to the platform ASAP.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like the Arena interface is massively better. I have yet to run out of time or lose because I clicked something wrong. That was a constant experience when I was new to MTGO.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sealed is excellent for competitive events. It's hella fun and it's also amusing when some people lose and then pretend that there's less skill involved than in draft.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

little munchkin posted:

Someone came in here proud of their genuinely difficult accomplishment and you, with zero provocation, responded "actually you're bad, and I am intellectually superior for choosing to not even attempt the thing you were successful at."

lol that you think you have any sort of high ground whatsoever to call other people jerks

:jerkbag:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

flatluigi posted:

there isn't zero skill in sealed but there's absolutely more skill in drafting

Nah they're just different kinds of skill

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
All the bans but the cat were good.

Cat was banned in large part because it enabled good decks that didn't take any mythics and hardly any rares to play. Typical Wizard$ move.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eej posted:

They banned the card that can recursively chump block any attacker every turn while also gaining health and pinging face in the format with the least ways of exiling or trampling over it

Fuckin Wizard$$$$$!!

It's okay, my child. One day you too will discover that creatures with non-trample evasion exist!

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've never had a problem with the cat when playing against the various flavors of Sacdos. The mayhem devils, firstborn, and oven are all way scarier.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jabor posted:

Cool that you enjoy playing the subset of decks that it doesn't completely ruin, but other people like playing different decks to you.

drat the discourse in this thread is falling to reddit-level!

It's clear that the cat was annoying in arena because of UI issues and that it can be unfun to play against the cat-oven combo. That doesn't make it banworthy.

Reclamation and Teferi had the tournament results to back up their bans. The cat tho? Lol

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
As you can see in this very thread from time to time, anything that lets you repeatedly block and then sacrifice the blocker is going to be very unpopular with a lot of players.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
They're basically all just profit generators for twitch/google and whatever game company they're patronizing

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah Dominaria is both more fun and more skill-intensive to draft than M21. Gonna get a few more drafts in myself before it presumably is replaced by Amonkhet.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is anyone still under the delusion that WotC are not utterly poo poo in just about every aspect? I only got back into Magic because Arena allows me to do it for free. A few dudes made a good game in the early 90s, sure, but the world would still be a massively better place if WotC disappeared tomorrow.

They value money above all else and continue to succeed due to the ignorance of millions of dupes.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The issue with getting dupe rarelands in a new set that was mentioned earlier is a good example of WotC being shitters.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fadam posted:

Just found out WotC likes to make money...drat that poo poo sucks man

:jerkbag:

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jabor posted:

Blood Moon in a fetchless format is a dumb idea, sorry.

Nah it's awesome. You must have lost to it too many times in your life. Condolences.

It really sucks going from awesome draft formats like Eldraine and Dominaria to utterly poo poo ones like M21 and Amonkhet. Glad I made mythic before the good ones rotated out.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just built Sultai Fields with all the loot from my weeks of drafting. After jamming several games it seems to me that Field is a real problem. Field provides defense and offense as a free bonus while I ramp quickly to either Ugin or Ulamog. Extinction Event is very powerful and the main reason I went Sultai.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's no need to reasonably balance between ramp spells and ramp payoffs because the ramp spells are the payoff and the real payoffs are just gravy. When the ramp spells are as good as they are right now that's a problem.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of the first decks I ever made at around age 7 was a Stasis deck. It makes me a bit sad when I think about how carebear sets are these days when it comes to aggressive disruption.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Time posted:

They literally just printed one of the best disruption cards of all time into historic, lmao

Discard is the only disruption they haven't wussed out on in recent years.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Stasis was good decades ago but it's not competitive anymore.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad I managed to ride Sultai Field to mythic just before it got banned. Wizards makes mistakes and then is too lovely to fix them in an effective or timely manner.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not really. They hosed up badly when they originally suspended it instead of banning it. They hosed up even worse when they un-suspended it.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should have just banned it late last week instead of having a lame-duck format where I can exploit broken cards to climb the ladder far more quickly than my skills would otherwise allow me to.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The criticism is extremely warranted given the unprecedented number of bans they've had to do over the past couple years. It makes the game far less respectable as a competitive endeavor.

If I were still naive enough to play paper Magic I'd actually be pissed off instead of amused and incredulous. Arena does make it easier to deal with the fallout from WotC's poor choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fadam posted:

Looking at your post history you’re a gloomy Gus who only seems to post in this thread to bitch about WotC and the game (and stealth brag about hitting mythic apparently lol). You should try looking into spending your time doing things that don’t aggravate you so much. If you’re a Blazers fan don’t turn on the tv.

I spend very little time posting after all the lowtax poo poo went down. This thread isn't really worth constructive engagement anyway as, much like MTG itself, it's dominated by clueless sperglords like you.

I enjoy playing Magic but the players and the company generally just bring down the experience. That's why Arena is a great innovation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)