Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Bugsy posted:

Standard Shakeup bans:

Binding the Old Gods
Bonecrusher Giant
Brazen Borrower
Claim the Firstborn
Embercleave
Goldspan Dragon
Lovestruck Beast
Luminarch Aspirant
Omen of the Sea
Showdown of the Skalds
Thieves' Guild Enforcer
Tibalt's Trickery
Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
Valki, God of Lies
Yorion, Sky Nomad
Zenith Flare

Not a single one in my RG Trample deck. Yay!

Though maybe that means I'm not playing a very good deck. Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

I'm still catching up on learning the past 18 months' worth of cards, so I'd appreciate advice on any obvious things I'm missing or improvements for this fun Mutate pile I threw together:

Deck
3 Boneyard Lurker (IKO) 178
2 Pouncing Shoreshark (IKO) 64
1 Archipelagore (IKO) 41
2 Dreamtail Heron (IKO) 47
3 Pollywog Symbiote (IKO) 63
2 Chittering Harvester (IKO) 80
3 Insatiable Hemophage (IKO) 93
2 Sea-Dasher Octopus (IKO) 66
1 Dirge Bat (IKO) 84
3 Cultivate (M21) 177
2 Kiora Bests the Sea God (THB) 52
2 Heartless Act (IKO) 91
4 Poison the Cup (KHM) 103
1 King Narfi's Betrayal (KHM) 219
1 Zagoth Crystal (IKO) 242
1 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
4 Saw It Coming (KHM) 76

+ Lands

Thanks!

Get more Dirge Bats, they're really good at cleaning up any inconvenient creatures your opponent managed to get on the board.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

As my first season playing MTGA comes to a close, I'm sitting at Plat 3 after staring at nothing at the beginning of the month. Not bad. I wish I'd heard about untapped.gg earlier, but my stats since I started keeping track of them are 16-9 with my Gruul Trample deck, all in Plat 4 or Plat 3. Not so hot against some of the top decks, though, only 1-2 vs. Dimir Rogues for instance, but it seems to have tuned into something decent. Overall, I'm pleased.

Deck
4 Slaying Fire (ELD) 143
4 Ilysian Caryatid (THB) 174
1 Klothys, God of Destiny (THB) 220
4 Warden of the Chained (THB) 230
1 Temple of Abandon (THB) 244
4 Quartzwood Crasher (IKO) 201
1 Terror of the Peaks (M21) 164
1 Elder Gargaroth (M21) 179
1 Garruk, Unleashed (M21) 183
2 Garruk's Harbinger (M21) 185
4 Life Goes On (M21) 192
4 Rugged Highlands (M21) 249
2 Wildwood Patrol (M21) 339
4 Frost Bite (KHM) 138
2 Toralf, God of Fury (KHM) 154
1 Highland Forest (KHM) 261
9 Snow-Covered Mountain (KHM) 283
9 Snow-Covered Forest (KHM) 285
1 Colossal Majesty (ANB) 92
1 Rampaging Brontodon (ANB) 102

Having seen them in play a few times now, I'm liking Garruk's Harbinger a lot even though they don't trigger the "Trample to Win" off my Crashers. Being Blackproof got me my one win against Dimir Rogues, and even if the Harbinger itself doesn't trample, it makes it easy to bring in other creatures who do. Think it's worth losing the two Wildwood Patrols for two more Harbingers?

Also, as we transition into Strixhaven in a couple of weeks, as I understand it one of the existing Standard sets will be removed from the format, right? Which set is going out, exactly?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

BioThermo posted:

Nothing rotates until the end of September, when ELD, THB, IKO, and M21 will rotate out simultaneously.

Oh! Well that'll be a dark day when my Crashers depart. But until then, I guess I'll have to see what new toys Strixhaven will give me.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Honestly, my only loss to a mill deck recently was against a well played Rogues deck where I was mana starved and stuck on four mana with three 5 or 7 mana cards in hand. :doh:

My Gruul aggro trample deck usually ramps up pretty quick and other than that one game I haven't lost to a mill deck since I caught this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvt1-mBICTg and realized "hey, I can play an 80 card deck to gently caress with the mill guys" and started doing that.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Pararoid posted:

It's totally this. With ~30sec turns it could actually be okayish.

Play everything you can play. It's barely going to matter, since either you'll combo in to a win or they will, it's not like thinking about it matters at all. I dunno what takes so long. :shrug:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Is there uh a way to make them reappear? This is my first time using Arena, at first I assumed it was my fault.

Nothing works so for, including uninstalling and reinstalling. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. :shrug:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Rinkles posted:

But I'm not sure what my daily was. Plus one of the tips I read was to try to reroll to a 750 gold daily.

I just barely finished the color challenge.

Yeah, that does suck. But they'll keep stacking new quests until you have three backlogged, so as long as they fix it in the next three days, you should be able to run all your quests when they fix it. Until then, don't worry about it and just play some Draft or Sealed games or just grind for wins with your main Constructed deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Man I'm really enjoying Sealed Strixhaven. Went 5-3 with Silverquill and 6-3 with Lorehaven on my first two tries. If this keeps up and I keep practicing, maybe I'll have a chance at the big cash event next month! Well, probably not, but a wizard can dream, right? :pray: