Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Time posted:

WOLVES

Tell me more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I want to make a sultai food deck that uses Oko, goose, witches oven, cat. What other obnoxious bullshit should I throw in? I was thinking mostly golgari with just a splash for Oko, but maybe krasis as well?
I just like making food out of cats forever and witches oven by itself never seems to be enough in my mono black cat deck

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Revenge of ravens has won me multiple games without me ever attacking.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

Ugh Golos Field is gross from both sides of the table.

It would be nice if there was a way to interact with that deck

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

E. Revenant posted:

I net decked this like a frustrated dumbass who is tired of losing to copy pasted meta bullshit and went 00-2

gently caress yeah! Great Game!

Good. Since you ran the most obnoxious copy pasted meta bullshit deck

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

ChiTownEddie posted:

Well... Sometimes I'm this troll lol. Back in the day I made a Tef only woncon play it out and they conceded instead lol.
But, yes, in general that happens a lot haha

Same. gently caress that deck

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just had a 23-minute game against Fires of Invention with BR Aristocrats that went down to the wire, had to kill literally a dozen planeswalkers to get to that point and I was close to scooping when opp had Nicol Bolas + Liliana while I was getting burned down by Chandra emblems.

Love securing the win with Mayhem Devil weaponizing Fabled Passage and food tokens

Send me that deck list yo

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

After frustrations in bo1 with mono black cat pie, bo3 has taken me to plat. My only loss was due to misplays while drunk.
That deck has decent matchups against most of the format

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but how did you get away with 5 merfolk in your deck?

You can have as many cards as you want in limited.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

TipTow posted:

Jesus Christ why is everyone in this thread so loving thin-skinned and/or hostile

Why else would they play this game?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

What are the FNM codes? Is it just sleeves?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I don't know what to do here. Should I just stay simic?

How much removal is too much removal?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

So... Is this a playable deck?
Or should I splash?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

RC Cola posted:

So... Is this a playable deck?
Or should I splash?

I went 6-3. Two of my losses I somehow drew 12 out of 14 lands before I hit 20 cards. Deck is legit

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

feeling #blessed with this sealed pull, but is it worth it to cut down and go into black?

ps here's five codes from the last fnm promo

APR17-HmC-mEMH-YbB
APR17-HWf-uvwX-bTR
APR17-swi-trGq-WLM
APR17-CFy-4WNv-Tak
APR17-QnJ-88vM-Qm3
APR17-4av-GjcW-CT5

All were taken :(

Ps here was my next draft. I just took rares and don't know what direction to take this.
Is 4 color viable?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I drunk drafted last night and need some help with a direction.
Is 4 color viable?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Is it cost effective to buy the historic anthologies with gold, or should I just buy packs and use wild cards on them?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I am going to build a standard deck to kill UB decks. Besides 4 scavenging oozes, what else is good against stupid uro

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

It especially cool to get when you have 4 of them from another set

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I sure do love simic decks getting more ramp and ugin as a top end.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Sedisp posted:

Standard has been poison since War of the Spark. Join the historic continuum friend.

Recommend me a golgari deck that uses scavenging ooze please friend

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Eej posted:

The Rock is too slow to deal with Nexus unfortunately. You basically need to draw your enchantment removal before they play Wilderness Reclamation but also with no Teferi on the board.

Why is simic the absolute worst. Anything with green blue is just stupid.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Let me have a goblins pack you cowards!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Is there a historic gently caress fields deck? I'm tired of this stupid poo poo.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Corbeau posted:

What the actual gently caress. That U/G pile I posted trying to make Amonkhet Nissa work? After a few tweaks, it's winning. Repeatedly. Against meta archetypes like UW control, Rakdos sacrifice, Rakdox/Grixis xerox, multiple Collected Company archetypes... I don't know what's going on. I dropped multiple tiers with the first couple builds, but have gained them all back in a day of near-constant winning. Most opponents just... run out of gas trying to deal with the constant stream of stupid fat asses this deck drops on the table. Pact has to be the all-star though, given that it lets you tap out to apply pressure while still monkey-wrenching the other guy's key component using your mana advantage.

Like by any objective measure this thing cannot be good. There's a better build of this out there somewhere. But just a few card tweaks to add some broken endgame (Henge has been nuts every time I drew it) and Pact to catch stuff like Teferi after I tap out and it's just suddenly rocking people. Gotta be variance, what with all the 1x-2x cards, but that means there's a distilled version out there in the ether that'll do this consistently.

You're playing simic ramp, how do you not expect to do well? You literally ramp and play good cards and win

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

“This deck full of chase mythics from the last two years is... good?”

I don't get it, I must just be so good at magic with my unique deck

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Someone give me your golgari citadel coco list. I'm running a list without citadel and eagerly await annoying priority clicks

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mox Hombre posted:

I used to be pretty skeptical of Historic, but it's actually a really fun and cool format once you kind of internalize what decks and cards are in it. I've been having really good success with this deck I made:

It's sort of a hybrid between simic ramp and simic flash. It's cool and really fun though. I've played some simic ramp, but noticed I was often just dead if I failed to do my thing fast, and even then an Ugin sometimes isn't enough. This has more interaction while also being able to play a really long game. I used to have 3 Jol'rael, and while she can run away with the game, she's kind of clunky, and drawing a second one sucks, so I went for a 2 ooze/1 jolrael split.

Any suggestions for cards you'd put in or take out?

Wow you had lots of success with an Uro deck. Crazy

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I just played a game against a guy with a Jace avatar running RDW. The game lasted almost an hour. gently caress you Jace players. Play the loving card. You don't have to think so loving much with a god drat mountain in your hand. You aren't psyching me out, you're just a fuckwad

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Man crazy that a deck with U/G won. Who would have thought it. What an underdog.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

fadam posted:

Why post about something you don’t know anything about lol?

I'm sorry that your favorite decks are all UG

fadam posted:

UG Nexus is my favourite deck in the format and in a lot of ways is the most beautiful deck ever created, but I really like the Field shell that also runs Kenrith and Fires.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The Omnath deck seems incredibly dumb thus far

Do you have a list?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I have a sealed pool that I'm not sure what to do with. I know green for sure, I am feeling Jund but I don't think I have the mana fixing for it.
How well do the flip lands work? Can I cut my deck lands?

https://twitter.com/RoyaleCrownCola/status/1308072098418442240/photo/1
https://twitter.com/RoyaleCrownCola/status/1308072098418442240/photo/2
https://twitter.com/RoyaleCrownCola/status/1308072098418442240/photo/3
https://twitter.com/RoyaleCrownCola/status/1308072098418442240/photo/4

Edit: I don't know how to embed images apparently

Edit 2: How good is Ravager's mace with 2 fireblade chargers?

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 21, 2020

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Just made it to numbered Mythic for the first time with this! If you have a twitter handle I'll credit you there, althought I might experiment with something more like this, I just don't seem to get much out of the Caryatids.

https://twitter.com/ButtersMtg/status/1307317583759147010?s=20

I just copied your deck, I haven't lost a game yet lol. How loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mox Hombre posted:

what do you all think are the best color pairs in ZNR limited? so far from my experience, UG kicker is the best if you manage to get the good cards, followed by UR wizards. but that's probably just what i've managed to win with so far

Gruul, Golgari, Selesnya, Simic. Basically anything with green