Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

resistentialism posted:

The best worst part of this game is counting all your lands for an X spell without mousing over your lands so your opponent doesn't get to know that you're counting all your lands.

You can just like, use your eyeballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

Are there going to be non-creature legendary spells after rotation?

Oath of Kaya, Bolas Citadel.

Every Planeswalker.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lmao Im literally dying. Spoilers for Coreset 2021 if you care

The featured Planeswalker is Teferi

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

I wonder how many of the people that hate Teferi can't handle being outclassed by an educated black man, and how many are merely just scrubs that suck at magic the gathering.

Love 2 be pounded in the butt by teferi because I am extremely woke

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Why was Rampaging Ferocidon banned anyway?

Rampaging Ferocidon was banned because of Hazoret being too good

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

fadam posted:

Christ almighty when are we getting more spoilers? This thread desperately needs new cards or another non-sex, non-criminal controversy to talk about.

We can talk about how bad your posts are

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

You think any of these brawl commanders will be usable in the new standard? I'd love to try to make a mrdu knights deck with some sir gwyns and a couple of colossus hammers and other equipment.

They all will.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Huxley posted:

If the equip Knight is good, it probably won't be because of Hammer.

What was the last standard-prominent equipment?

caw caw

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

axeil posted:

Has there ever been a set without rare dual lands? That's a bold thing to do.

Maybe they're just trying to get us hyped up for the OG duals getting removed from the reserved list and printed at ultra mythic legendary rare status.

Literally 5 months ago, yes

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

Nissa as a brawl commander will be pretty spicy I feel

5 mana and mono colored. Barf.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ya'll want to freak the gently caress out?

Gwen and Gwyn are the same name

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Going out on a limb to suggest that youíve never hosed

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

no, the kink/nap of your hair is genetic, not every black person's hair is the same level of nappiness

She also looks NOTHING like Teferi, whereas I do see some facial similarities between her and the queen

You hate to see it happen, folks

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I use Karn because Im not a goddamn philistine

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Take it with a grain of salt, because this was posted in a discord but it looks official enough? I don't speak French but it seems pretty clear to me that if this is true that 2:1 is dead, as is their plan to add 20 random cards every now and then.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Eej posted:

Historic not getting new cards and not counting towards weekly wins is just gonna kill the format more than 2:1 WCs will.

It gets new cards literally 4 times a year

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The fact that you can regularly lose instantly for no reason is the entire point of momir.

Yíall are entering a contest where two people stand until one of them is kicked square in the dick and are complaining about how you got kicked in the dick

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

No the Brawl decks were shortlisted absolutely everywhere to promote artificial scarcity, every LGS was like ďwe ordered 10 of each and got 2 of eachĒ

and everyone is massively pissed off about it too

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

But itís so loving stupid because we have Mind Stone, all 10 signets and 10 talismans. Like itís a solid include in 4-5 color decks but it really isnít that amazing in anything else and itís definitely not worth $30.

Seriously the Brawl decks are just gross Iím so very disappointed in WoTC

magic players are all broke brain morons

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

I just had someone play Tendershoot Dryad and get 4 copies with a Mirror March and I still won? I'm so confused, I don't know what happened but...OK?

its almost as if Mirror march sucks and is a poo poo card

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A Moose posted:

If he isn't, the eldraine promo definitely is

As it should be. Its such a good design for a buy a box promo. Its a card for commander, a good one at that that will have value and people will want, but also people will only want one copy of.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

That is maybe the most genuine look of joy I have ever seen a streamer produce

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

I've been playing the 2020 ranked standard despite being bo1

I see the issue here

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

I shall simply never play historic.

Same, with the caveat that I might play it in like a year when its not just the current standard with 1 or 2 extra sets

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So, uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLMIxniL_II

You can open up the absolutely horrible Planeswalker Signgature spell rares from the Planeswalker decks in the SUPER PREMIUM COLLECTORS EDITION!

I cannot believe how horrible these are.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dpulex posted:

Oko seems way too oppressive. Great another meta with overpowered planeswalkers. loving hell wizards

if only there was a card that killed planeswalkers

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

folio of fancies is a great card in limited

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hammer Bro. posted:

2/3, 2/3, 2/3, and 0/3 in sealed. I am now officially out of gems.

It's a real long time 'til coin-based Eldraine drafting, isn't it?

depends on if you think "less than two weeks" is a long time

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

If you're going HAM on food, consider the Feasting Troll king

Feasting Hogaak King

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Can someone explain to me why so many people are Once Upon A Timeing before their first upkeep?
Its mind Boggling

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IMJack posted:

Why not? If you want to make sure you don't mindlessly play a land and a 1-drop and lose out on your free instant, might as well play the freebie as early as possible.

You want as much information as possible for both what you have and your opponent has. The correct time to cast it is literally right before you cast your first spell, unless you desperately need a goose or something

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

I feel like that Golos net deck should drop 1 Boris gate for one gurl gate. Being off green after mull is how I lost both games to aggro.

You lose way more often because you don't have your white sources for wipes and teferi than you do for missing green. You want these gates to be searchable via Circuitous Route, which requires a green source anyway.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Azorious fliers also would be an awful deck to craft.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

why does the deck have to be white, is this a freemagic thing?

No women too, aka the Jeff Hoogland special

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Huxley posted:

I kind of want to mess around with adding new cards to mono red, but if it's this hidden and there's no really point to it, most likely the only people playing will be folks who maybe don't even realize they're queueing into it. So not the best testing.

Its almost as if they don't want people playing historic or something

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Drafting with bots has always been not great, and not a real representation of how drafting actually works but until Eldraine its at least been a functional facsimile.

They are completely horrid in Eldraine, and I'd argue drafting this set on Arena is actively bad. Blue/Black is open like 90% of the time and its ludicrously easy to force. I got a p3p8 Revenge of Ravens this morning. it was the 3rd one I was passed. This is not a fun experience. Playing the mill deck 3-4 times in a draft run is not fun. Blacks always open so every deck is ludicrously grindy and filled with removal. Aggro is bad in paper too, but there is basically no way on the client to put any reasonable aggro deck together.

I might stop, or at least close to stop, drafting this set on arena unless they do something about it. its a shame, being able to draft whenever you want and take your time is such a good thing to have but the system is just broken.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

Limited bad standard bad so what

modern... good?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

No Wave posted:

I imagine the event will mostly be 4x goose, oko, ouat, wolf, reef, cavalier, a few agents, then some other chaff.

I think you are a little confused about what this event is, friend.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

No Wave posted:

Someone here said it was Eldraine block constructed which includes M20 and Eldraine. is either of those things wrong?

block constructed is not a thing anymore because blocks are not a thing and why on earth would m20 be tried to throne of eldraine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Sean posted:

No Wave (if I'm remembering correctly) is either a new player or a newly returning player (I am the latter). His assumption that m20 was part of the block made sense since m20 is basically designed to be paired with the Eldraine block , even if it weren't correct. smh at the bolded part, though: 1) they were responding to someone who said block constructed so it's not their fault 2) block constructed isn't a thing anymore? 3) blocks are not a thing? I want to be clear that I'm asking completely rhetorically because that's all knowledge about stuff that you wouldn't probably know if you are new or whatever. I literally don't care about the answers to those questions.

wut