Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1168992065994334208

for reference, the non-showcase border vs this showcase border from a few weeks back

That is a really busy card. I wonder how it works because I'm kinda confused on how I'm supposed to read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying the eldraine decks so far

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's the cards in the event decks it looks like

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm going to play Historic Knights, I don't care if it's good or not

Wizards agreed and made an Eldraine Knight Tribal deck already

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Relin posted:

the faerie one dude. obviously. the other decks cant even interact with it hardly.

I’ve just had the faerie deck give me most of my wins by opponents surrendering to the bant deck

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
SFM was unbanned to be reprinted in TOE

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PJOmega posted:

The decision to have each season dump you down two full divisions is nutters.

It barely takes any time to get back to where you were.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I play a bunch of the Simic Flash deck so I really can’t call any other deck a dick move

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Folks, you're gonna want to bolt this bird at 350 degrees for one hour per pound

https://twitter.com/AutumnLilyMTG/status/1170094825548537868

This deck feels pretty strong

Just played against this deck and holy poo poo I hate it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
whew.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Witches vengeance kills the elemental and field decks nicely

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've been siding in Flame Sweep against Field of the Dead decks in case I haven't got big chandra on the board yet in my elementals deck. Tends to do well, although it burns Risen Reefs and Embercats if they haven't been pumped by Omnath yet

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just played against the weirdest Agent of Treachery control deck. Either cheating the AoT into play by discarding and blood for bones, and then using various bounce effects to just keep stealing all my lands. It was pretty hilarious to watch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am level 90 today, do I need to play in the catchup event if I want to hit 100 if I plan to play daily until eldraine?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Food golem goes right into cavalcade

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand why you'd do "Historic Ranked, for a limited time." Like, MTGO supports a fuckton of formats and it may not be instant queues but it isn't terrible from my understanding. Why is it so hard for them with Arena to add one more

e; everything else seems good

e2; nevermind they still are adding new cards to Historic before the format even has a chance to get going on its own so???

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 13, 2019

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
WAR was probably the highest power level we are gonna see for a while.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Adventures are great and food is bad, that's my opinion of the set so far

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Three times I've risked Momir's at 6, and gotten the self-mill every time. Never again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how Naya Feather would be. I'd be worried about losing consistency a bit but replace the reckless rage with Domri's Ambush, and putting in Seasons of Growth. It seems like the support for a tri-color deck will be weaker come Eldraine, but maybe?? Gargos and Feather in the same deck seems like it would own even if it would never, ever work out

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It’s really funny and that’s all that matters

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will not miss Nexus of Fate but I will miss those perfect games where I play mythic Chandra, then spark double on Chandra and stack enough emblems that their extra turns kill them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looks like my simic flash deck is mostly intact after rotation. Essence Capture is more color intensive than essence scatter so I may look at counters to put in, and then replace the Merfolk Trickster with Brazen Borrower. Not quite a 1:1 exchange but borrower seems good to flash in and beat down with

e; and wildborn preserver holy moly

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 26, 2019

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
4 lands, Faeburrow Elder, and Once Upon a Time for my rares :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mmm that sweet sweet 0-3 sealed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pumping Wildborn Preserver even 1 or 2 off of the wolves that come from Nightpack Ambusher feels so mean but so good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

brazen borrower is really good

Yeah I’ve been running a four of in simic flash and even without casting the creature part as much as I expected, I have never been sad about drawing a borrower

I am loving this dumb deck now that it is even dumber than before

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I have both the 1/1 with 3U: Draw 1 and the land with 2UU, tap: Scry 2, which is usually the better option, assuming I haven't scried at all yet?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I know it’s the end of the season right at the start of a new meta, but I just went on a tear from gold 4 to diamond 4 and that feels pretty awesome regardless

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oko is one of those cards I've only seen once so far and never want to see again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Are you guys just not running black or...

I guess I should change that to "resolved once"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

I tried a bunch of the decks in the any deck queue.

Flash - insanely strong, BB changes the deck in a very unfair way. Imo the weakest card in the deck is probably spectral sailor especially with the castle as a mana dump, I'm srsly tempted to try out geese instead.

Yeah I haven't done much with Spectral Sailor lately. I've ended up slotting in 3 of Wildborn Preserver as a great tool. Reach so it can still deal with flyers, and the counters on it can get wild as the game goes on. Nightpack Ambusher making a wolf token makes it easy to spend 1-2 mana on permanent pumps while leaving enough mana up to counter/bounce as needed on their turn, and them having to waste removal on a mana sink instead of ambusher or something else owns.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I drafted the jankiest folio + 4x merfolk secret keeper and Eye Collectors along with removal and counters and it's 3-0 so far, I love it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

i am TERRIFIED of fires of invention decks

Every Fires of Invention deck I've run into has just fires and then immediately ran itself into the earth.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Turn 1 Secretkeeper sorcery into turn 2 Folio is silly and I will draft this deck every time I am given the chance.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The best advice I heard was to try to make them cast counters when they could be playing actual threats. So like don't bother to stick a spell on turn 3 when they're just going to cast some lovely dude, go for it when they could be playing Ambusher instead.

This is really it. When I have no board presence but double ambusher in hand and I have to spend my mana countering things like 3feri it can put me in a really bad spot

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
P1P1 Question. Between Witches Vengeance (1BB Creatures of Chosen type get -3/-3) or Bake Into a Pie (2BB Kill creature, get food) which is the better option? I went Vengeance in case I run into humans/knights and can get a big dunk

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Marketed Gum posted:

You made the wrong choice, thanks for asking.

Yep! It definitely lead to a couple blowouts with the vengeance, but I found myself wishing I had taken the instant speed kill a dude way more than not.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
e;fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Massacre Girl Golos Field deck when