Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I guess there's food in a lot of fairy tales? But the ones I can think of all seem pretty specific in their uses to justify making it a mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Wait why is Cinderella's shoe re - oh. Ooooh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

If your opponent kills Alela and aggros early a lot of the time you just end up flailing with a lot of useless artifacts in hand I've found.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh Gods it didn't occur to me my opponents can see that.
I don't do it often but I do it sometimes as a nervous/impatient tick.
like flicking your cards in paper.
Should do my best to chill on that then.

I dunno why they show you what your opponent is looking at anyway, doesn't seem to add much either way.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Waffleopolis posted:

This is fantastic for EDH, Brawl, limited, etc.

This set has some crazy value happening

How do you pick one of these 'at random'?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Have they said whether Brawl will have a ranked mode of its own?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

There's too many two for ones in the Storybook cards for RDW to still be that big an issue I think, unless there's an equally value-filled red card.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Where's my avatar of the entire Obzedat Council?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Hairbuns and afros aren't really the same thing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I use Jaya for the same reason.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

IMJack posted:

The Cauldron of Eternity looks really neat. It's a huge geode on a pedestal. It's the same on the "Cauldron Familiar" card from last week.

Also, this enterprising dude was previewed last week and has a page on Mythic Spoiler but wasn't actually added to the spoiler feed:

Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler

He actually gives you something, can't be Dibbler

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Arglebargle III posted:

Imagine a vampire losing a fight with a bird. This game is insane.

Imagine an elite, trained vampire knight bouncing off two human children, unable to kill them without outside aid.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Disappointed it's not just tiny people and bits of buildings raining everywhere.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

People still like Jaya right?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Jabor posted:

It's cool as hell that the game is in full release but you still get an infinite waiting screen if you need to reconnect to a game.

Same, but needing to close the game and reopen it if it decides your connection broke in one specific way.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Just scrolled through the Eldraine pass, and at the top after level 110 is just an infinity symbol. Is that for prestige or something? It would be neat to have a payoff for overcapping it I guess.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Is anyone else having horrible disconnects today? I dropped from a Draft game second round and it wouldn't let me past the splash screen even though I could hear audio from the game.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 30, 2019

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I dropped that card on a guy running two Improbable Alliance. I'm sure he wasn't happy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Revenge of Ravens just seems like this format's Ill-Gotten Inheritance, with the added benefit of shutting down some decks even at one copy.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Foulmire Knight seems reasonable.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Draw Second Izzet is fun when it works but if your opponent has much interaction at all, or if you just draw the wrong half of your deck you just seem to die.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 2, 2019

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I wish getting to Gold were just a little bit harder because it seems impossible to climb after that, but it's dead easy until then. No surprise some people prefer Bo1 since at least you can feel like you're making better progress even if you really aren't.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Could certainly cut the artifact knights, and you probably don't need three Outflanks. Giant's Skewer seems unnecessary with no payoff for food.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

A hand of the copy Adventure artifact and three of the Unicorn is absolutely absurd in draft. Nothing he could do about it that you could consistently have.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

0-2, I don't know why I even bothered.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blue seems way, way too open in Eldraine draft for how much it can nullify your plays.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kanfy posted:

We walk similar paths but I believe in even more thorough elimination of Fun, personally.

Pick rates of So Tinies and Secretkeepers definitely need to be tightened up a bit.

This was my 7-2 Draft in a nutshell.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Are they gonna go "oh actually Rat can planeswalk despite not being a Planeswalker", or just make her one outright? Neither would really surprise me.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

As a Shakespeare-style Fae Folk, Oko pretty much has to gently caress I'd think.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Palpatine is popular though. Are there any big Domri fans?

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 22, 2019

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Was Field of the Dead not banned in Arena, or just not yet?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I think they printed Veil of Summer because they also printed poo poo like Thought Erasure and Mass Manipulation (among many others) and knew people would want a way of getting around those.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I guess you could say the banlist is so pleased to meet him.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

What message would banning Veil even say, that cards like Thought Erasure shouldn't have cards that respond to them? Yeah the fact it guards Oko is pretty lovely, but it's more a symptom of recent card design in general than a problem.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I appreciate that this Oko event was surely planned out way in advance but now it just looks like they're taking the piss.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ran into a guy playing Oko maindecking Aether Gust. The things this card does to people.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Thought Erasure is going to be all over the place now, great.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Is there any decent replacement for stopping Thought Erasure and the like without Veil? That was the main reason I ran it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Lone Goat posted:

LSVs limited reviews aren't that great because they're day 0 opinions. He's just guessing at what's good, but he can be way off, for example:

Top 5 Red Commons
5. Bloodhaze Wolverine.
4. Thrill of Possibility
3. Raging Redcap
2. Merchant of the Vale
1. Scorching Dragonfire

He really thought a 2/1 that's only for a pretty specific deck (and could probably be cut in it even) was in top five picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I don't understand WAR draft other than "this blows, stop picking me".