Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It feels like a lot of the strategies they set out for limited there are pretty reliant on synergies, so drawing payoffs without the enablers really blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think the game is now force-hibernating my computer if I turn it off after a network error? That doesn't make any sense but it's happened twice now.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That card seems like it won't be too hard to make the downside not matter in the right deck.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Needing three creatures seems like a big enough downside without needing the words 'at random'.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is Historical Draft just going to clog up the slot for other Standard drafts now? That's kinda poo poo.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

AngryBooch posted:

Not sure what you're referring to. Ranked draft is currently Bo1 Eldraine and Dominaria. There's also unranked Bo3 Eldraine. The Dominaria slot rotates every 2 weeks, last week it was War of the Spark. What draft are you looking for? Dominaria is famously one of the best limited environments of all time, real fun!

edit: In two weeks, Theros is coming out and the formats will probably be Theros Sealed and Bo3 draft unranked and Bo1 Eldraine Ranked. They take 2 weeks to set up the ranked bots for the new sets usually.

Either Ravnica set.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYlL3DBT_98

Some early footage of that game announced at the TGAs. Diablo but with all your moves being Magic spells and creatures sounds like it could be fun to mess around with.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone been getting an 'unknown error, request timeout' error message when opening Arena? Been happening for me since yesterday, and a couple other people apparently.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sampatrick posted:

archon of sun's grace is extremely powerful

My paper sealed pool had that, Idyllic Tutor, and Treacherous Blessing. Was nuts.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If I could turn in my friends list to have performance back where it was before that update I really would.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Got an Esper player down to 1 life and then found out he was the one guy playing Angel of Grace.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Any chance they'll update the bots to make mill less viable for this draft format too? I've seen that deck two times too many.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Ran into a Brawl player who apparently just jammed every single counterspell possible into his deck, no matter how bad. His commander was that giant from Theros that makes your big spells uncounterable.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

thespaceinvader posted:

This is a CovertGoBlue deck, and it's horrendous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSeQH-UARJE

Oh, I thought it was just some guy who made it for a dumb joke, that's a lot less funny if it's actually meant as a semi-serious build. Wish I'd had a hand that could have beat it now.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 11, 2020

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This one feels like the same deal as Eldraine: establishing a plane and showing what's unique about it, while also introducing a Planeswalker native to it who will go on to be involved in other stuff.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Game seems like it can hang forever now on 'checking for updates'.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This format has too much saccy bullshit for my tastes. Nothing feels safe to do.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Huxley posted:

There feels like an absolute shitload of removal in this set.

It doesn't help three color decks seem very common which just increases the amount of cards you need to consider when doing anything. It's kind of a headache, more than Eldraine or Theros anyway.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's bizarre the deck that has red in it seems so slow to do anything at all.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If you mutate a creature onto Reptilian Reflection it doesn't drop off after. :wtc:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd buy a playset if they did a Super Robot cycle of card skins.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wish it were a bit easier to tell how many lands you have, ended up punting a game just now because I thought I had seven and not eight.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm glad this Workshop is letting me know Vigilance is a garbage draft archetype so I don't feel tempted to try it anytime.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kinda dilutes M20 being the Chandra set if she has a card here too, doesn't it?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Isn't Liliana calling herself something else now after the second WAR book?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

PerniciousKnid posted:

Daily Deal Thanos pack for 120 gems if anyone is interested.

Six copies of Fables Passage, whoah

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I've been getting the request time-out error since yesterday, basically everything I use the internet for works except this one particular game.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I want the vampire stuff, past that, eh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I believe it's just a weird way the game does triggers. You get the option to respond to them playing it and her using her effect, just not for after she hits the board.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's not a very good client.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's no worse feeling than when you could have won a game if your opponent hadn't decided to draft Mind Rot.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Was playing some Green/Black pile in Historic and I probably could have beat them if they weren't running Ugin and drew it every game. I sided in Despark but it's still such a massive card difference even if you delete him right away. Is there any better way of dealing with people who splash him in besides outright countering him?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You mean W/R Aggro for M21, surely?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Time posted:

I hope people keep playing the u/w auras deck on ladder because it’s so bad

I beat someone playing it 2-1 and it made me glad Baffling End isn't the standard for how that effect goes.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

BizarroAzrael posted:

Taking a look at what cards were removed For AKR;

They seem to have removed more than half of the Embalm/Eternalize cards, and I think that drove up the average rarity by removing a lot of bread-and-butter cards for building decks around the mechanics like Trueheart Duelist, Unwavering Initiate and Steadfast Sentinal. If I had to guess, they couldn't print all of them into a single set and preserving ones included for constructed like Champion of Wits pushed out the draft fodder. Hooded Hydra and Heart-Piercer Manticore I guess got left out to keep the mechanics in UW, but I think it would have been nice if a few of the common ones could have made it in.

No Plague Belcher? :(

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's not many ways to feel worse in this game than going to game 3 on your rank-up match against U/W Control and then losing anyway.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That's pretty decent, seems like you had a clear idea of what you wanted to do.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Had a game just now where someone played Muxus, whiffed (which is to say, didn't get a hit that's guaranteed to kill me), and then sacced all his monsters for another Muxus that did work. Never thought I'd see goblins be a solitaire deck.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Vampires feel like they suck in Historic, I got to Diamond with them last season but that's looking more and more like a happy fluke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That bug is gonna create some nightmare boards with Uro until he gets nuked.