Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's also that Red spell that hits everything for two for three, a lot of decks are going to have a very hard time with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm really, really getting tired of Claim the Firstborn.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Game being kind of rear end for anyone else today? Wouldn't surprise me if it was doing something in the background for Zendikar on Thursday.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's an inevitability when dailies are a thing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Got to 7 wins with a Landfall deck, do not underestimate how easily Scute Swarm can get people to scoop.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
This seems like another limited format where mill is at the top, which is to say, kind of bad.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
He mentioned Slay the Spire but Monster Train feels a bit more MtG.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Uro is not from Eldraine but that's still pretty bad.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The problem seems to be when you define 'good deck' as one that can get to Platinum that's an incredibly wide field after the changes to Gold.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The only avatar I go "oh boy here we go" at is Teferis, who seem to almost never use him arbitrarily.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hope Ugin gets a bullet of his own too.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Unless I'm missing something that just seems like a good synergy for an under-used deck whereas Splinter Twin was literally going infinite?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
reprint Tireless Tracker

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I really wanted to get mana screwed in game three against Ugin.dek after he stalled me out twenty minutes in the second round, thank you very much.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Lone Goat posted:

RG is pretty bad in Zendikar draft, welcome to the revolution

Red is pretty bad in Zendikar draft in general I'm finding, outside of obvious stuff like Roil Eruption that get snapped up immediately.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

NieR Occomata posted:

I uh...think I drafted an insane deck. Can I get a check to make sure I built it correctly, cuz...I think I could go like 7-0 with it if I play it right.

ed: Somehow I missed removing Goma Fada Vanguard. I also removed Farsight Adept but I'm split on that.

Risen Riptide seems like it's only going to be a 0/5 blocker most of the time, I wouldn't say running two is a good idea. Running three Scale also might be a bit much even if you're planning to turbo out Omnath. But yeah, post your sideboard.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SalTheBard posted:

Have you ever had one of those nights were you just wonder why the gently caress you even play this game? That is the night I'm having.

I just was with another card game, just go do something you'll enjoy no matter what if it gets too bad.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yeah I definitely wouldn't cut that Jace in a draft, he starts decent and can get great if you play him late.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Nearly went to time against some guy playing Dimir Ugin. I won, but uuuuuuuuugh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Grabbed a Nighthawk Ambusher and two Thought-Thieves in draft, went 1-3. I should stop thinking "this would be fun to play" when I do them, it always ends up being a trap for me.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What's Gruul look like right now? If Embercleave is what you have to play to get around bullshit like Ugin or Genesis Ultimatum I guess I will.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Did they turn off the grace matching for the precon decks? Rolled a 30 Blue/Green quest today and didn't really feel like jamming something together, but it's mostly been putting me against Rogue decks.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
ESC and hit concede during sideboarding.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Decent value for two mana.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Well we did just have monsters you can play from the ether if you fulfill certain conditions.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Nizzahon is good but a bit dry. Numot too, but he doesn't always draft the current set much.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I wish BB wasn't a Mythic so they wouldn't have been obligated to give him that loving animation. Actually why is he even Mythic (apart from being a chase card obvs). Who is this smug motherfucker supposed to be

A replacement for another card that could have been in that mythic slot, if I recall.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Captain Invictus posted:

it's gonna be interesting once Ugin rotates out because he is such a catch-all answer to a lot of decks if they don't kill you fast enough. Hell I've seen rogue decks slotting in an ugin or two just because it's so ridiculously strong, in case they lose control of things in the late game I guess. this guy set up all this stuff and I managed to plink away at his weenie horde long enough to build up the land to drop an ugin, and it's just entirely game over for him.

side note, the constantly looping jingling sound from heliod's lifegain trigger is the loving worst

I wouldn't say interesting, I'd say better.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
gently caress Yorion decks.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Showdown, double lands, Cobra, Innkeeper and the Great Henge all in the same deck is very not fun to play against.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

A Moose posted:

The opposite of "nomad" should be "Yeshappy"

yesglad

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Really hate those drafts when everything comes together really well the first game, then it turns out that was because your three losses were going to be incredibly frustrating to experience.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I know it's slightly different here because of the double-faced interaction, but cheating things into play for absurd payoffs is what Cascade has done since its inception, right?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Played a Champion of Dusk into Narset, snap-conceded. It's my own fault but I still don't understand why they felt control decks should have a passive like that.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What mulligan are you 'supposed' to go down to to look for your answers?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

That seems about right, I'll just bite the bullet next time.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I usually just stick to Nizzahon and Nummy, they're pretty chill.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The only thing I think is a bit much is with the Triomes there are now three sets of different three color names. That could definitely be confusing to new people.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Only one pack of M21 also cuts down on Teferi's Tutelage spamming, which could be pretty obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

MeinPanzer posted:

What's the best hard counter to Selesnya Angels in BO1. I'm getting real sick of that deck.

Hushbringer slows it way down